Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What If...?

What If...?

I have not seen a thread like this, so here we go.

Similar to Marvel's What If...? we should discuss several Gundam-related what-if moments. I will start us off.

1) What if in MSG Episode 1, Amuro had been killed in the crossfire and/or all of the RX-78-2 Gundams had been destroyed?
    2) What if Kira had not gotten out of the way (after dispatching Rau Le Creuset) when Genesis fired its last shot?
    3) What if Flit had been killed alongside his mother?
    4) What if Kira had been killed in Heliopolis?
    5) What if Rusty had not been killed and had successfully recovered the Strike Gundam?
    6) What if the AEUG mission to take over the Colony Laser in the Gryps Conflict had failed?
    7) What if Bernie had survived and successfully taken out the Gundam Alex?
    8) What if Shiro did not survive the THRASHING of his Gundam (pre-Ez8)?
    9) What if Quatre did not discover Wing Zero's blueprints and build it?
    10) What if Zechs had beaten and killed Heero during their last fight?

Okay, that is enough for now. Go forth and discuss!
    Last edited by Twitch; September 23, 2014 at 9:01 AM.

Re: What If...?

1: The Federation would of eventually won, barring the Zekes using WMDs again. The Feddies were simply too numerous and had more resources. The best Zeon could hope for would be a draw and a treaty, which would give the Federation enough time to roll out the GMs and such.

2. I don't know which Genesis you are talking about. Please clarify.

3. Never seen AGE and don't want to, so yeah, not answering this one.

4. Again, just like my answer to 1, except switch the Federation and ZAFT with the Earth Alliance and Zeon. That being said, Rau Le Creuset is a major card, so it might turn out to be that Rau gets his wish and WMDs hit all over the Earth and the PLANTs, creating a world like Gundam X's

5. Same as #4

6. The Titans would of eventually fell anyways, they lost nearly all the support they had even from the Federation itself. If Axis had captured and kept the colony laser instead, Haman would of simply established the Republic of Zeon.

7. A Federation Fleet had captured that one nuclear-armed ship at the end, that fleet would of been on its way to Libot. Bernie would of be screwed.

8. The Federation would of eventually taken down the Apasulas, tho with a lot more causalities.

9. Things would of played out the same I think.

10. Which time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    1: The Federation would of eventually won, barring the Zekes using WMDs again. The Feddies were simply too numerous and had more resources. The best Zeon could hope for would be a draw and a treaty, which would give the Federation enough time to roll out the GMs and such.

2. I don't know which Genesis you are talking about. Please clarify.

3. Never seen AGE and don't want to, so yeah, not answering this one.

4. Again, just like my answer to 1, except switch the Federation and ZAFT with the Earth Alliance and Zeon. That being said, Rau Le Creuset is a major card, so it might turn out to be that Rau gets his wish and WMDs hit all over the Earth and the PLANTs, creating a world like Gundam X's

5. Same as #4

6. The Titans would of eventually fell anyways, they lost nearly all the support they had even from the Federation itself. If Axis had captured and kept the colony laser instead, Haman would of simply established the Republic of Zeon.

7. A Federation Fleet had captured that one nuclear-armed ship at the end, that fleet would of been on its way to Libot. Bernie would of be screwed.

8. The Federation would of eventually taken down the Apasulas, tho with a lot more causalities.

9. Things would of played out the same I think.

10. Which time?
    Well, how about long term effects instead of just immediate ones? For example, who would oppose Char in CCA? Although I will clarify things and edit the main entry.

2) From SEED S1, at the end after dispatching Rau.
    10) Final time. If Zechs killed Heero, who would have been able to destroy the part that was falling to Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Well, how about long term effects instead of just immediate ones? For example, who would oppose Char in CCA? Although I will clarify things and edit the main entry.

2) From SEED S1, at the end after dispatching Rau.
    10) Final time. If Zechs killed Heero, who would have been able to destroy the part that was falling to Earth?
    Uh don't think CCA would've happened mostly because the changes of zeta,char might've just stayed in space I mean he'd have nothing to do assuming the zabi family probably died,so there might have not been a pivotal role that lead him to go all space kamikaze on the earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh never watched seed intently or in depth but seeing as how Rau basically came back the opposing side=in turmoil then taken advantage if with everyone playing soap opera and dying.

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is the boy band of gundams would try to stop it Nu gundam style probably failing miserably
    The world needs constant turmoil to not take certain times for granted- Me

So what if, in Gundam SEED Episode 1, the Naturals had prevented ZAFT from taking any of the G Weapons? Would Freedom have ever been developed? If not, would that have saved us all from BEAM SPLAMZLOLZ? Would Athrun have been killed in his attempt to take the Aegis? If so and Kira found out, what would happen? Discuss!
    Last edited by Twitch; September 26, 2014 at 1:46 AM.

I doubt the Freedom, at least in it's current form, would have been produced. ZAFT would have made an original design of their own. If the EA had managed to keep the Gundams to them self, it would have even out ZAFT s mobile suit advantage. Though five machines, no matter how powerful, are still too small of a force to change the outcome of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Though five machines, no matter how powerful, are still too small of a force to change the outcome of the war.
    Tell that to Amuro.

Tell that to Amuro.
    Amuro really didn't have that much of an impact in the OYW. They say it several times in the various manga, novels, etc. The White Base crew and their battles merely served as a morale boost and distraction for the main EF forces. Mobile Suits in general didn't do much, they say most of the fighting was done with conventional weapons (tanks, planes, artillery, foot soldiers, etc).

I have not seen a thread like this, so here we go.

Similar to Marvel's What If...? we should discuss several Gundam-related what-if moments. I will start us off.

1) What if in MSG Episode 1, Amuro had been killed in the crossfire and/or all of the RX-78-2 Gundams had been destroyed?
    2) What if Kira had not gotten out of the way (after dispatching Rau Le Creuset) when Genesis fired its last shot?
    3) What if Flit had been killed alongside his mother?
    4) What if Kira had been killed in Heliopolis?
    5) What if Rusty had not been killed and had successfully recovered the Strike Gundam?
    6) What if the AEUG mission to take over the Colony Laser in the Gryps Conflict had failed?
    7) What if Bernie had survived and successfully taken out the Gundam Alex?
    8) What if Shiro did not survive the THRASHING of his Gundam (pre-Ez8)?
    9) What if Quatre did not discover Wing Zero's blueprints and build it?
    10) What if Zechs had beaten and killed Heero during their last fight?

Okay, that is enough for now. Go forth and discuss!
    1. Nothing much really, someone else pilots Gundam, either A. They die, and the RX-78-2 dies, whoopity doo there were tons of other RX-78 units in the line anyways, it'd be a minor Set Back at best or B. They do as well as Amuro over time, Zeon Still looses, mainly because like in the series, infighting Keeps up, and Feddies have more people.

2. He'd have died, Shinn wouldn't have been series jacked, and he'd have goten some good character devlopment maybe.

3. Eh IDC

4. Murrue would have likely died as well...and Mu...and the Archangel...Sad day.

5. Like above, then Rau gets what he wants at the end.

6. Haman Gets it, takes space, Titan's fall.

7. Stuff (I hardly remember 0080 To be fair)

8. 08th MS Team gets pwn't by Norris Hardcore. Shiro was the only one out of them skilled enough to take him IMO, and he barely did it, and really didn't take him, then if they did somehow manage to take him out, Apsalus would kill them and rampage untill the feds launch a counter offensive to wipe him out.

9. Hmmm, stuff.

10. Time for a Zechsy party.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    1. Nothing much really, someone else pilots Gundam, either A. They die, and the RX-78-2 dies, whoopity doo there were tons of other RX-78 units in the line anyways, it'd be a minor Set Back at best or B. They do as well as Amuro over time, Zeon Still looses, mainly because like in the series, infighting Keeps up, and Feddies have more people.

2. He'd have died, Shinn wouldn't have been series jacked, and he'd have goten some good character devlopment maybe.

3. Eh IDC

4. Murrue would have likely died as well...and Mu...and the Archangel...Sad day.

5. Like above, then Rau gets what he wants at the end.

6. Haman Gets it, takes space, Titan's fall.

7. Stuff (I hardly remember 0080 To be fair)

8. 08th MS Team gets pwn't by Norris Hardcore. Shiro was the only one out of them skilled enough to take him IMO, and he barely did it, and really didn't take him, then if they did somehow manage to take him out, Apsalus would kill them and rampage untill the feds launch a counter offensive to wipe him out.

9. Hmmm, stuff.

10. Time for a Zechsy party.
    Watch 0080, NOW!

What, I have, it's just...the weakest of the UC OVAs.

Okay I got a What if.

What if Scirocco was in charge of the Jupiter Empire in 0133 and not Crux Dogatie?

Quote Originally Posted by zeon's redcomet View Post
    what, i have, it's just...the weakest of the uc ovas.

Okay i got a what if.

What if scirocco was in charge of the jupiter empire in 0133 and not crux dogatie?
    weakest!!!!!!!??????? *fires full bore of nukes from ra callum *

Yeah Weakest.

08th MS Team had Veitnam in MS, and a better Feddie Zeon Romance.

UC Had everything just about. And if one Consideres Banahger a Feddie (I don't) then it too had a Better Zeon/Feddie Romance.

And 0083? GATOOOOOOOOOO Really the only thing that holds 0083 from being the best thing ever just about is the Love Triangle.

0080, it has the Kamfer...Yeah that's about it...it wasn't BAD, but...it wasn't as good as the other three, all of which are three of the best things Ever.

IMO UC, 0080, 08th ,0083(Mosha, Nina and that terrible ending sank it.) 08ths romance was, meh, mostly cause it was forced IMO. Not bad but not the best.

Sorry for the derailment.