Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Plane Topic

Re: Plane Topic

Unless it's still ongoing and conducting secret missions on behalf of the government, which would stand as a reason to not declassify it. Governments and politicians lie all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally think that Aurora does exist, but the government is not ready to reveal it yet. Would you want to reveal a hypersonic craft capable of penetrating enemy airspace that can out-fly any known anti-air missile system and operate out of view of enemy satellites?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Yea its very possible. And im one of the ones who believe in keeping it classified. If its still classified that means that our enemies either still dont have that technology or just not to the same level of development as it. Or the enemy does developed it themselves and we dont want them to know we do to. There are other possibilities but either way if it does exist and its still classified it needs to stay that way until its no longer worth putting so much effort into to keep under the rug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Unless it's still ongoing and conducting secret missions on behalf of the government, which would stand as a reason to not declassify it. Governments and politicians lie all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally think that Aurora does exist, but the government is not ready to reveal it yet. Would you want to reveal a hypersonic craft capable of penetrating enemy airspace that can out-fly any known anti-air missile system and operate out of view of enemy satellites?
    I didnt refresh the page before I wrote my last post but basically we are saying the same thing.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Yeah, for example: it took three decades before the CIA declassified some of the material regarding an operation in the Pacific in which they attempted to raise a sunken Soviet nuclear ballistic missile submarine. Even today, the exact location of the submarine (and its potential arsenal of SLBMs) is considered top secret.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

yea i wont say keeping secrets is always for the greater good but there are a lot of things the general public does not need to know. only because telling the American people will always equate to telling the enemy. it would be nice if you could magically keep only the good guys in the loop but yea.

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

Well back to Aurora, it has been speculated that the plane uses what is called a pulse detonation engine. It works a lot like a pulsejet engine (which ignites the fuel/air mix it rapid pulses), however it differs in that it detonates the fuel/air mix instead of combusting using a turbine. The resulting shockwave from the detonation of the fuel/air mix creates a supersonic wave that accelerates the engine. Here is a diagram that shows how it works:

This kind of engine would produce extremely high amounts of thrust that could push a plane into the Mach 5 to Mach 10 territory, and could go as high as 90,000 feet. Interestingly enough, this type of engine produces a distinct sound that is described as a "loud, supersonic, pulsating roar" and leaves behind a doughnut shaped contrail.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Check out these crazy realistic aluminum models.

Zaku on kova luu.

So I didn't know whether to post this in either the Life Thread of this thread, but I figured it more appropriate to post this post here. Today, I got to fiddle with an actual turbofan jet engine (it was out of its mounting and off) as part of a "field trip" to my colleges Aviation Maintenance Hanger as part of my Advanced Engines and Airframes class. As a bonus, today's lecture was on jet engines and how they work. Wish I had taken some photos, sure would have made this post cooler.

- - - Updated - - -

Was watching this old Discovery Wings documentary today:

Man, say what you will about the ideals of the Soviet Union, but their tech still amazes me. I mean, a turbo-prop plane that has an airspeed of 575 mph and can fly nonstop from Moscow to New York. The Bear is simply amazing.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

damn that is impressive. do we have any turbo-props that can pull that off? and bad ass on the training man. i cant tell you how jelly i am you get to do all that stuff. ive got most of my GI bill left over so i could go be a pilot and not pay a dime but damn there are no jobs flying around here and ive heard nothing but horror stories about flying for big airlines. how old are you Zeta? im 27 i may be to old to start. im getting my private pilots license once i use my GI bill for something more substantial. ive got a Class A CDL and was a OTR driver for Werner Enterprises. i think if i can drive a 80,000 pound truck up and down mountains i should be able to fly a 182 skylane.

Zaku on kova luu.

1) The US doesn't have a turbo-prop that even comes close to the performance of the Bear.

2) I'm 24.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

1. damn

2. i feel old all of a sudden.

Zaku on kova luu.

You're not that old. Also, if you're dead serious about being a pilot (and want to make a career out of it), you should come to the college I attend out here in Cali. Our college has a full aviator training program that will allow you to earn your wings.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

that would be pretty cool if we went to the same school. what is the name of your collage?

Zaku on kova luu.

Orange Coast College. You should do some research and look into the other classes and programs offered here. And if you're really serious about learning at OCC, then come on over and talk to an adviser.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

you guys are on the other side of the country but is it true they dont make a profit on flights? im on there site right now.

- - - Updated - - -

im looking at the schools here and they are all business first and schools second. my GI bill is not THAT much dang this is expensive.

Zaku on kova luu.

You're right, we don't make profits from flights as the students pay for the flight lab training.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church