Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Plane Topic

Re: Plane Topic

that honestly sounds wonderful. id love to fly there. but i doubt the chance will ever come. one day id like to get a piper cub. its a more realistic goal.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Now see, I want to get my high-performance and turbine certs. so that I can someday fly one of those jets. I love Cold War era jets, as it was the pinnacle of air-to-air combat. I'm also a speed-freak by nature, so going supersonic is also a goal lof mine.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

if you can afford it go for it. that would be so awesome. RCs are the closest to real war birds i get. well flying them anyways. in the Marines i was aviation ordinance. so i got to be around them all the time and fiddle with them and all that. F-18s AV-8Bs C-130s cobras Huey's prowlers CH-53s and on the rare occasion ospreys.

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

A-10 baby!

Quote Originally Posted by neverlift831 View Post
    A-10 baby!
    Ah, the good old Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II. Truly, there is no other dedicated ground attack out there that can punch as hard as the A-10. That massive 30mm gun is simply a masterpiece of death (tanks beware).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

ive never had the honor of working on the 30mm. ive worked on 20 and 25 though. i even still have a few pieces of 25mm brass. the Marines never had A-10s. so sad.

Zaku on kova luu.

*BRRRRTTTTT intensifies*

So I got a bit of a question for all you aviation fans. Would you agree with this list of top ten fighters of all time:

I agree with this list for the most part, except for number 3. I think that either the F-16 Fighting Falcon or the F/A-18 Hornet should have been number three as they have great innovation factors such as using lightweight materials for the airframe and the use of Fly-By-Wire technology, they have great service records (serving even today), have good kill ratios with their proven combat records, are relatively easy to produce, and have a good fear factor. They do everything that the Phantom II can do, but better and with a much higher degree of maneuverability.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    So I got a bit of a question for all you aviation fans. Would you agree with this list of top ten fighters of all time:

I agree with this list for the most part, except for number 3. I think that either the F-16 Fighting Falcon or the F/A-18 Hornet should have been number three as they have great innovation factors such as using lightweight materials for the airframe and the use of Fly-By-Wire technology, they have great service records (serving even today), have good kill ratios with their proven combat records, are relatively easy to produce, and have a good fear factor. They do everything that the Phantom II can do, but better and with a much higher degree of maneuverability.
    Though P-51 was a good fighter, i wouldnt have placed it at number 1. F-15 and its astounding performance IMO is a bit more impressive. I agree that F-16 and the 18 are better than F-4 but i guess they chose the F-4 due to its long service and great combat performance. I would have placed the Fw 190 and F6F Hellcat in place of the F-22 and Sopwith. Other than those, i agree.

Ah, the Focke-Wolf FW-190 and the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15. Truly excellent fighters.

- - - Updated - - -

A MiG-23, Tupolev Tu-144 (nicknamed Concordski), and a MiG-21. I have no idea what the others are, but the last one is definitely of German design.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

It's actually an SU 22 not Mig 21. The others are North American T-6 Texan and Junkers 52.

So I've got a bit of a question, do any of you aviation fans think that Aurora, the supposed secret hypersonic aircraft, actually exists? While most of the evidence that supports its existence is circumstantial, there hasn't been any evidence that disproves it doesn't exist.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

pretty sweet museum Dom. and Zeta there are indeed secret projects in the works always have been always will be but weather or not that is one idk man. you would think after all this time if it did exist it would have been declassified.

Zaku on kova luu.