Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey welcome!! I'm loving the progress you've already made on your kit. I just finished my Duel gundam few days back and the MGs are fun to build. I've had frustrations with it but overall it's a high detailed kit.

I've just started to use an airbrush and it's by far the most fun and rewarding medium to use when painting your kits and I used Testors acrylic paints on the AB. Really easy to work with as long as you get the consistency right.

Again, welcome and I look forward to your progress man. If you got any questions, feel free. Everyone here is helpful. Especially Dlinker and Thwalker. They are like my personal coaches to me although they don't know that lol.

Re: Cleverfrog's Build(s) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Setsunason54 View Post
    Hey welcome!! I'm loving the progress you've already made on your kit. I just finished my Duel gundam few days back and the MGs are fun to build. I've had frustrations with it but overall it's a high detailed kit.

I've just started to use an airbrush and it's by far the most fun and rewarding medium to use when painting your kits and I used Testors acrylic paints on the AB. Really easy to work with as long as you get the consistency right.

Again, welcome and I look forward to your progress man. If you got any questions, feel free. Everyone here is helpful. Especially Dlinker and Thwalker. They are like my personal coaches to me although they don't know that lol.
    Thanks! I've learned quite a bit just from reading and from the few people that have posted. I think as far as paints I'm going to go check out my local (sort of) hobby store and pick and chose a few different brands that have been suggested. Everyone's figures on here are so detailed and make me feel like a 5 year old with his first kit. Steep learning curve to make the masterpieces like those

I learn new things while talking with everyone here that's what makes it so awesome.

Well, I pieced it all together after some long late nights this past weekend. I still haven't added the decals or really painted it how I want. I get my airbrush thursday. Overall a pretty cool build. A couple things bothered me though. Some of the joints aren't stiff enough to pose and hold with the weapons and some of the parts don't fit tight or line up perfect. I wonder if the Ka version fixed these issues. Really fun and challenging build. No pictures until tonight though.

Brushing on gloss coat on loose joints is a great way to stiffen them up so that's something you can check out later on. Curious to see which parts don't fit tight or line up, though. When I built mine, the only problems I had were the shoulder joints that were a tad loose.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    Brushing on gloss coat on loose joints is a great way to stiffen them up so that's something you can check out later on. Curious to see which parts don't fit tight or line up, though. When I built mine, the only problems I had were the shoulder joints that were a tad loose.
    Mainly it was the elbows that weren't tight. I've got some clear so I'll try that. The only other part that wasn't great was one of the front lower leg guards. Other than that it was great. Maybe I'm just a noob still lol

- - - Updated - - -

Well here it is. Like I said, there's not a definite paint scheme yet but just some base coats with gundam markers until I get my airbrush. There's a couple pieces I haven't put on yet since there's no paint on them and no real panel lining either.

SAM_0062.jpgSAM_0063.jpg

It's looking good! So what colors do you plan to apply when you get the airbrush?

Quote Originally Posted by V0LTES-V01 View Post
    It's looking good! So what colors do you plan to apply when you get the airbrush?
    Hmmm, well I've been think about black and red, but I think for this one I may just do the blue and white until I get the hang of it. I would also like a hunter green and a mint green or seafoam green combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverfrog View Post
    Hmmm, well I've been think about black and red, but I think for this one I may just do the blue and white until I get the hang of it. I would also like a hunter green and a mint green or seafoam green combo.
    The black and red combo sounds good, the beast would really look aggressive. Throw in a touch of grey as well to the combo for a relative variety.

If you want to practice with the airbrush, you can just do it on plastic spoons. No need to airbrush the kit right away if you are not familiar yet with the tool. You can make all the mistakes you want on the plastic spoons .

The black and red combo sounds good, the beast would really look aggressive. Throw in a touch of grey as well to the combo for a relative variety.

If you want to practice with the airbrush, you can just do it on plastic spoons. No need to airbrush the kit right away if you are not familiar yet with the tool. You can make all the mistakes you want on the plastic spoons .
    Thanks for the tips

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking something like this for the colors.
    IMAG1149.jpgSAM_0066.jpgSAM_0067.jpg

That scheme on the shield looks very cool. Maybe you can even add that kind of pattern scheme to the funnels? Now that would be awesome.

I agree with Voltes. That color scheme does look cool.

That scheme on the shield looks very cool. Maybe you can even add that kind of pattern scheme to the funnels? Now that would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setsunason54 View Post
    I agree with Voltes. That color scheme does look cool.
    Thanks guys, I had to do the test with those to see what it would look like with brushes. Now I wait for my airbrush

- - - Updated - - -

Got my airbrush yesterday not an expensive one since I'm new to airbrushing. Planning on practicing on plastic spoons since it's recommended for a beginner. Thanks for the tips everyone!
    10588815_10204182739272557_1790645787_n.jpg

Administrator

Congrats on the airbrush man. It opens up so many doors once you get the hang of it.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Which Master AB is that one? You're going to enjoy using it. People say that Master ABs aren't worth the money, but I disagree. They work well enough for what you need and they last provided you don't do crazy experimentation with them. Be careful with the nozzle. It's such a tiny thing.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."