Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Gundam ZZ and other Gundam titles pulled from Daisuki.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Do you really believe what you are saying Zeta-G? *gets on his high horse pile of Official US DVD releases* I bought all the DVDs, paid premium prices for single dvds. Now they aren't in production, aren't available. Depending on your internet provider, GundamInfo will tell you it's not available in your country, that's if you can even load that type of videos to begin with. Then you can only watch what they have put up. Spare me the nonsense. Piracy is a straw man argument. Something digitally reproduced in seconds, on high speed automated machines, like so much cheap stuff found in any store, only no matter what you pay, you never own the rights to your purchase. But whatever, the industry claims it hurts sales, when the real issue is what they chose to release, and how it was marketed, not piracy. So what else does that actually leave to the topic.

Daisuki may have taken everything down cause GundamInfo is gonna host it themselves.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Lighten up, Francis.

That goes for both of you.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

I am pretty sure everyone here has spent enough money on Bandai's overpriced pieces of cheap plastic that they can afford the "losses" they suffer from "illegal" streams. Zeta-G, you really gotta get off that high horse. I have personally spent over $3000 on Gundam merchandise. I think I've earned the right to watch it wherever I please. "you people are why we can't have nice things" is a really douchy thing to say bro. buying the official DVDs does not make you a better fan than the rest of us.

@WWoS: I admit that it pretty much is too late for pirates to repent for the majority of Gundam releases, as the damage has already been done.

But for those interested, Unicorn is still in production for both DVD and Blu-ray in the US, and the Japanese blu-rays for AGE, SEED, and Destiny have subtitles. Additionally, Gundam.info has a few shows available for legal streaming (although AGE seems to have been pulled sometime within the last couple of months).

As for the merchandise, different companies were/are responsible for different things. BEI, BV, BVUSA, and Rightstuf were/are responsible for the various Blu-ray/DVD western releases, Daisuki and Gundam.info were/are responsible for streaming, BNG handles the games, and Bluefin handles the models. That last one is important. Your model purchases only count for US sales if they come from one of Bluefin's distributors (B&N, Gundam Planet, among others); most online model stores get their releases from Bandai's Japanese division, so the profits go to that division. Each company (and thus each type of product) is responsible for keeping itself profitable. So please keep that in mind, especially those of you who think that your Gunpla collection offsets the damage caused by your pirated anime/manga collection.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add the following in my response to WWoS: I too hope that Daisuki removing ZZ and the rest is merely a sign that Bandai has something else in the works for the franchise. I even mentioned near the end of my original post that we may see a Gundam licensing announcement of some kind at SDCC or Otakon.
    Sieg Zeon!

I just think its insane that Bandai thinks they have the right to charge over $400 for all of Gundam Unicorn on Blu-ray.
    Biggest 00 fanboy you'll ever meet.

Could be that Bandai is wanting to put it on GundamInfo or what not instead.

Me I'd be the first in line for a ZZ official western release, sadly, I don't see it happening outside of the Daisuki and/or GundamInfo.

@Powerman: If you don't think that's a fair price, don't watch the show. Alternatively you could rent it from PSN or XBL.

@ZRC: ZZ was released in the west via Daisuki until very recently. They even said when they first licensed it that they would consider doing a dub if the subbed release was popular enough.
    Sieg Zeon!

I know, and that's how I watched it was though Daisuki.

Diddn't see it untill then (at least not in snippets and such) as I refused to go though horrible Fan subs.

Super Moderator

You guys know there is a block feature right? So you don't have to see certain peoples posts? I would do it myself but i being a mod means i should look at all posts lol

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman293 View Post
    I just think its insane that Bandai thinks they have the right to charge over $400 for all of Gundam Unicorn on Blu-ray.
    They do, because it's their product. Easy solution: get the DVDs. I did, and I didn't spend $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    You guys know there is a block feature right? So you don't have to see certain peoples posts? I would do it myself but i being a mod means i should look at all posts lol
    I intentionally avoid using such features. I may not particularly like a person and/or their opinions, but I would never prevent them from expressing their disagreement with me. It's too close to censorship for my liking. That said, I think that people who break the law should be given the appropriate punishment for their actions.
    Sieg Zeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    It's an ignore feature, not a block feature. If it was a block feature it would be better since then any and all posts from the person who has been blocked aren't even up. With the ignore setting you still have the option of clicking "view post".

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Quote Originally Posted by Plamobot View Post
    They do, because it's their product. Easy solution: get the DVDs. I did, and I didn't spend $400.
    Whatever floats your boat I guess. I just think that the price of a 7 Episode series on Blu-rays that costs more then an HGUC Neo-Zeong plus shipping should be illegal.

I have a spare $4 on PSN right now so I'll rent the first episode of Unicorn once I'm done with ZZ and CCA.
    Biggest 00 fanboy you'll ever meet.

You won't regret it.

I also hope that you enjoy your rental of Unicorn.
    Sieg Zeon!