Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

The Group Build Discussion

With new group builds popping up, why not have a thread dedicated to new ideas for them and gauging interest? Discuss the rules, kits, and other things here. Feel free to post new ideas.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

Not a bad ideal
    "Heroes non morietur"

Re: The Group Build Discussion

Well since this thread kinda started as a result of me inquiring about the interest in a HG G-Saviour group build, allow me to pimp it here.

http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...296#post129296

Aiming for a start date of July 1st and an approximate end date of October 31st. Build the HG of the most underrated lead Gundam of all time and do it proud through a faithful build, you can fix what you think is wrong with it with a few modifications, or you can mangle it with the severe battle damage that you think it deserves. The choice is up to you!

For full details, check out the link provided above.
    Sieg Zeon!

Administrator

Really good idea Bossguy. This will be a good way to keep track of all the idea that gets pitched for future builds.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Speaking of which, I hope people are still working on their entries for the KA Group Build. It's been rather silent over there lately, haha.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Administrator

I've noticed that. Hopefully those few projects haven't fallen by the way side.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

I hope so. It's not as fun when there are only two or three participants who have finished theirs. But, I understand it's the first time we're doing it so it's bound to be rocky.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Thanks for reminding me to check that thread.
    Sieg Zeon!

Super Moderator

Grunt group build
    Ball group build
    Transforming suit group build

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Personally, for online group builds, I like the ones where everyone is working on the same kit. It's fun to see the different approaches taken to building the same model.
    Sieg Zeon!

Squee's suggestions can be narrowed down to certain kits so they should work just fine. Plenty of good grunt kits out there so we just need to settle on a particular one. Same goes for the transforming suit build, though I may not participate in that one after the last transforming kit I built (the 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie). The Ball sounds like a good one too, perhaps go for the MG version for extra detail.

That's all I was saying. Have something like a Zaku or GM group build instead of a random grunt build. Ditto for the transformers. I have a MG Ball coming in, so that suggestion was timed perfectly, if people are interested.
    Sieg Zeon!

I'm all filled up this year so I'm out of any group builds other than the G-Saviour one. I'm interested in a Ball or grunt suit group build for next year, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    That's all I was saying. Have something like a Zaku or GM group build instead of a random grunt build. Ditto for the transformers. I have a MG Ball coming in, so that suggestion was timed perfectly, if people are interested.
    Well assumeing all goes well with my G-Savior since I'm getting in on that, I'd be down for a Zaku or a GM group build, be them seprate or a rep your favorite faction between the two.

Would it be limited to the standard ones though or could we use any from their respective lists, as both have quite a few potential choices.

G-Saviour is the only one that I'm planning on participating in at the moment. I mostly like to build my models when i feel like building them, without trying to fit particular ones into a schedule. Although I might participate in another group build if the timing lines up.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the GM vs Zaku group build idea, although I think we all know which would win.
    Sieg Zeon!