Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: The Group Build Discussion

Honestly, if that's how it's gonna be I probably won't join any. I thought the idea of forum members starting group build ideas was just to have everyone screw around on the same kit and see what everyone comes up with. If we need mod approval it sounds too official, like it might as well be a judged contest or something.

The last time I joined something that it completely killed my gunpla mood, like just putting together a model seemed like a chore. I'd rather not take a chance of that happening again.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Quote Originally Posted by Bossguy View Post
    The members should suggest ideas for their desired group builds and gauge interest themselves. Bring your idea to the admin BEFORE creating the official threads. If it's approved, the admin will then take control. The admin will set the date the group build starts, ends, and any limitations on kits used.

Does this sound good? This is just my proposal. This doesn't change things that much. If everybody's up for it, this will become the new method for the group builds.
    I don't mind this at all. It will provide a means to control the amount of group builds being started and avoid a potential issue where a member starts one, nobody shows interest immediately, and then stirs up discontent because of it. It still won't be judged, because there's nothing to really judge and it will go against the initial rule everyone agreed on when we started the first group build, and it will prevent having too many threads start up. However, in terms of what the admin/mods will set, I think it's best to have a consensus from the participants first and then they base their decisions on that. It's still a forum activity that centers on the members, after all. Might be a bit tricky with start dates, though; Aside from waiting until at least one participant has the desired kit, I don't know how else it can be determined without arbitrarily setting the date and that's that.

Having them go through an approval process shouldn't change anything. It's just a means to limit how many official build threads can start up. This is just me, but I'd hate to see a bunch of group build threads started up and nobody participates because everyone is busy with other group builds.
    Last edited by Dlinker; June 1, 2014 at 1:56 AM.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Super Moderator

Yea my only point was that since the suggestion was approved by everyone and people were joining the build, it should be up to the staff/admin at that point.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Just wanted to see if anyone is up for an SD Neo Zeong Group Build? No dates yet as we should still see if anyone is interested.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Yeah, I'm up for it, though I won't add anything special to look at. It'll just be a straight build.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

IF I can find one, I'm in.

Super Moderator

I was interested but no one wanted to start when there was more interest so i built mine already. I've since moved on to other projects.

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

I'm in. At last got a reason to start on that SD kit.
    "The only thing you can change about the past is how you feel about it in the present." - Lockon Stratos.

Including myself, that would be four people. I think that meets the minimum. Let's see if thwalker13 is okay with starting up the thread for it. For those of you who have it and wish to start on it, you guys should set the dates. I won't be able to work on mine until February so I'll be a late entry.

I would like to join, but gonna wait until after Christmas when some funds start coming in

I think I would be able to start once this holidays seasons are over. This year I drew the short straw, so got a more night shifts than usual.
    "The only thing you can change about the past is how you feel about it in the present." - Lockon Stratos.

Cool, that makes five. Late entries are always welcome, as far as I know.

so looks like I need to go find me an SD Neo Zeong....gonna have to go store hopping for this one.

Quite a tempting invitation lads. Unfortunately, my current project is already way overdue LOL. But I'll be on the sideline cheering on your works.

Super Moderator

Anyone up for a RG group build? With the new RG Wing coming out, and the 00 Raiser next, might be good to start on something current.