Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: The Group Build Discussion

I might go GM if we allow the Quel, not out of support of the Titan's but because that thing, is just to Sexy to pass up, even if we don't do that I want to build one at some point.
    "In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Haha, this is why we'll need to agree on a single grunt kit for that group build. I was going to go for the Jegan.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Administrator

A grunt suit build would be an awesome idea to do next year.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

SD Neo Zeong Group Build

I kinda said it as a joke, but Bossguy, Dlinker, and Zeta-G seemed to have some interest. And I sorta want the SD Neo Zeong as it stands, so why not see who else would join. I've never done a group build. I'm not a Kampfer fan at all so I didn't join that one. Nor am I a fan of the G-Savior so I'm not joining that one.

I figure the start date for this thing would be in 2015 at some point. Easily after this forums G-Savior Group Build. Not to mention gives plenty of time for people to get the kit if they wanna do this and gives plenty of time to people who may wanna join.

So, the question is, who wants to do this?

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Re: SD Neo Zeong Group Build

I'm definitely interested. This'll be my first SD kit as well.

I'll probably just do an OOB, because the colors are nice.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

If it's going to be in 2015, I might be able to participate depending on my workload.
    Sieg Zeon!

Well, I honestly wasn't paying attention to when the Sd Neo Zeong is even going to be released. Not to mention, I think for the most part I'll just be picking up add on parts for the rest of the year. Debating whether to buy a HGUC Phenix I found cheapish. Found a few cheap sword sets, the Caletvwlch (only in I feel like two, we'll see) and the Grand Slam Sword set (has two GSS without the extra parts for the old HG Strike) from SEED. So unless I decide no on the Phenix, I'll probably pick up the SD Neo Zeong whenever.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Administrator

I might be interested. I've been wanting to pick up a SD Sinanju for awhile now as my 1st SD kit. So as long as I can get my backlog finished, I'd like to be in.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Super Moderator

Why does it have to wait until after the other group builds? If there is more of an interest in this, it should run when the kit is released.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

More organization, maybe? So that participants and followers aren't juggling working on/watching several group builds at once. I'll be taking part in it and I prefer if this happens after the G-Savior group build is done. Nothing wrong with the group build starting once the kit is released, but it's likely going to be stagnant for a long while. Might as well wait and start when people are ready to actually work on it.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Super Moderator

Well that's what this thread is for, to gauge interest. I'm with Exia, i'd rather do a group build for the sd zeong over the g savior.

Edit* I could actually do both kits well within the group builds time. They're just HG's and SD's.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    Well that's what this thread is for, to gauge interest. I'm with Exia, i'd rather do a group build for the sd zeong over the g savior.

Edit* I could actually do both kits well within the group builds time. They're just HG's and SD's.

I feel the same way. Id prefer to work with the SD Zeong over the G Saviour and might just do that.

That can work too. Nobody is saying group builds have to start one after the other so if people want to start one right away when there's interest, then by all means, please do so. It will give participants a chance to get their fill while their interest is still strong, rather than wait until others are ready which puts those earlier participants at risk of losing interest.

Just don't expect its particular thread to have a lot of activity at its inception, though.

EDIT*: I had something here, but decided it's a moot point, haha.
    Last edited by Dlinker; May 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM.

Yeah, that's a great idea. Two group builds running side-by-side.

Once the group build is out there, it should be up to the forum, not one person imo. Or at least the staff. thwalker, you want to chime in? An admin should probably control gb's.
    Squee made an excellent point here. In order to keep the G-Saviour WiP thread on track, I'm bringing this point to this thread.

The members should suggest ideas for their desired group builds and gauge interest themselves. Bring your idea to the admin BEFORE creating the official threads. If it's approved, the admin will then take control. The admin will set the date the group build starts, ends, and any limitations on kits used.

Does this sound good? This is just my proposal. This doesn't change things that much. If everybody's up for it, this will become the new method for the group builds.