Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Futubaaoi's finished kits

yup in some areas it was fighting with me. Yellow is rough and at least I did not have to paint much white on this one.

How good is this display case for gunpla?
    http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVTC-072

I've never seen it used before, but if it's a good fit, then I don't see why not. Were you looking for something with a cover? Not sure if that one has it.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

yes I was looking for one with a cover. any others i should check out 1st?

I'm afraid I can't provide any suggestions. I'm still stuck with book shelves and haven't been on the market for a new one in a long time. I suppose you can go big and spring for the Ikea Detolf shelf.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

That sounds really pricey D8. I have been just using a shelf, but not a book one. but my models are in danger of a cat (or cats) unfortunately. Just wanted them to feel safer then they were.

That they are. Maybe a standard bookshelf will work. Just add some clear covering on it to keep the dust and felines off.

HGUC ZZ Gundam

This is a nice build. You handpainted it, right? I notice some clumping on yellow chest piece, but overall you did a absolutely great job, my skill on handpainting would never reach this level... Well done!
    "The only thing you can change about the past is how you feel about it in the present." - Lockon Stratos.

Yes, I hand painted this. It took me a bit but almost of it is. Except the panel ines. No stickers used.

The paint job reminds me of an old vintage painting. I think it lends itself well to the design. Loving how the missile racks on the backpack came out.

Quote Originally Posted by futabaaoi View Post
    Yes, I hand painted this. It took me a bit but almost of it is. Except the panel ines. No stickers used.
    Don't mind with those hideous clear sticker. Some panel line would be nice, especially on the forehead jewel. It would bring the contour to be more prominent.
    "The only thing you can change about the past is how you feel about it in the present." - Lockon Stratos.

HGUC RX-79(G) Gundam, weathered look.

Not a bad weathering job. Certainly better than my attempts so far. What did you use to for the effect?

I used pastels on a bit of a wet brush after applying a dulcote. The feet were also done in the same way. What I did was I would rub the color I was going to use on a piece of paper so that it has excess bits flake on the pastel more then usual. Then I would apply it to the brush. Then put on the surface in very light or heavy depending on the area. My first time trying it this way. I like it better then my Unicorn Marasai. That one I just placed the pastels directly on the surface of the model and wiped the excess. Only things I need to finish on the Ground type is the backpack and the artillery launcher. I ran out of dullcote again though. But the kit is done for the most part.
    Last edited by futabaaoi; February 6, 2017 at 9:35 AM.