Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Futubaaoi's finished kits

The paint is blotchy here and there, and I see that fingerprint. I don't see any nub marks, though, so good job!
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

Administrator

I also spotted the fingerprint, I didn't see any nub marks at all though. I do believe I see some paint transfer in the last picture. But overall it's not a bad looking kit, I think you did a great job man.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Same I've seen the thumbmark. Better let the paint cure before touching it next time. Otherwise it looks good. Keep up the good work!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Masterson/Forum%20signatures/sinanjuver2copy.png

Been awhile the kit I finished after the God Gundam was the Gundam X Divider. It was one of the first set of models I've ordered of HLJ along with HGUC F91 (have a new one coming) and HGUC Zeta.

Some things were alright with it, but I think I had better luck with GX. One of my gripes with this model was the shield. Arm kept going limp...

The kit looks good overall. Panel lining is a bit dirty in some spots and some of the white bled through to the blue and on the right knee joint, but you did well on it. Did you fix the limp arm?
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Not much i could the harmonica shield is heavy. So it just went limp from the weight.

Ah, okay. A good thing to try out for fixing limp joints is applying gloss coat to them. That usually stiffens them up enough to handle more weight.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

in reverse order the GX.

I forget when I finished this kit. Took me awhile to get decent shine of the satellite canon reflectors. sorry if it appears very dusty.

Nothing wrong with a bit of dust. I know my older kits have a nice layer of them right now, haha. What's going on with the right arm on it? I see some discoloration.

Yes I have no idea if that is from the top coat or not. I have been trying to fix it.

Administrator

The kit itself looks really good, and I love that purple. And the X binder looks really good with the silver. I see the discoloration as well, looks almost like either the paint or clear coat has yellowed.

Looks as if the paint yellowed and it was rubbing off on something I see it in the waist area as well. I don't like it when it does that it's...heartbreaking

HGUC Gundam F91

Administrator

I love the purple that you used, and the subtle color changes you made make for a great looking custom F91. Not to mention the details that you painted as well. Great work man!

Good job on this. Your detailing work is getting better with each kit and this shows it. Did you have trouble painting the mortal enemy of hobby painters, the color known as yellow? It kinda looks like you did.