Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    The more i think of it, the more i feel like Shiro just had really good luck. Almost every time he fought, it seemed like he was fighting out of desperation.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Aina was no Char, but for a twenty year old rookie, she wasn't bad either. The fact still stands, though, that Amada is an Oldtype who completely obliterated a custom Zaku II with a Ball and some cable. Zeta-G has a valid point. However, I think Gato saw Kou's tenacity and drive and secretly wanted to see him become a credible opponent. I agree that Kou became a strong pilot, but considering the feats he pulled off using the relatively weak suits he had, imagine what he could do with an upgraded Gundam. Even in the Ez-8, I think he would at least bring the fight to a stalemate. Also, I like the remark about "glorified GMs." That's essentially what the RX-79 Ground Gundams were. Upgraded GMs/pseudo-Gundams made partially from the scraps of the RX-78 project. The original RX-78-2 would have dropped all 20 of those units with little effort. When you think about it, the attacks that were flooring these units, RX-78 would have easily recovered from, if not shrugged off completely.
    Last edited by Deathscythe614; March 3, 2014 at 4:03 AM.

Re: Shiro Amada vs. Kou Uraki?

Shiro will lose badly
    "Heroes non morietur"

I think people are basing their answers on which character or show they liked more which doesnt really make sense...

to me if you think about it logically it seems obvious Kou would win.

He was a rookie, but fought one of zeons best pilots who supposedly single handedly fought off all the federation forces while his comrades escaped from Solomon or whatever , and he LIVED.

This was Kou's first real battle, and he didnt die, and he got significantly better throughout series. Just by some of the moves he does you can tell he is better, shiro moves all clunky like but Kou's movements are very fluid and precise. He has had some epic beam saber fights and does a good job at shooting/hiding as well.

Shiro seems pretty noob to me, he just gets by with some good strategies, and his charisma which makes his men fight for him. I have only watched 8 eps of each and working on finishing them both now but from what I have seen so far Kou's abilities have been much better for being a complete beginner, which means since Shiro has had more experience that Kou has much more room for growth.

Kou was fighting one of zeons most famed , feared pilots from the history books, when he fought grunts he didnt have trouble.

Shiro was supposed to be pretty damn good but couldnt even take out one zaku at the beginning.

Dunno maybe the next 4 eps or whatever of each I have left will change my opinion but I really doubt it. Kou seems to be a much more calm and collected, talented pilot with much more room for growth to me.

GUess I will go finish watching them both to see if I am correct.

Quote Originally Posted by NewtypeAmuro View Post
    Just by some of the moves he does you can tell he is better, shiro moves all clunky like but Kou's movements are very fluid and precise.
    I think it should be also noted that most of 08th takes place on the ground, whereas a large portion of 0083 takes place in space (with the exception of a few battles). So that clunkiness and fluidity could partially be due to their respective environments. And Kou had the more advanced Gundam, so there's another variable. Could Shiro have used the Gundam Development Project suits to the same potential?

In any case, Shiro was also the 08th's commander, and not only did he need to pilot his own suit, but he had to be aware of the situation at all times to direct his team as well. Kou wasn't burdened with a leadership position until after Lt. Burning's death, and we don't see him display as much authority.

Kou really doesn't actually defeat Gato - He looses to him during their first fight when the second Gundam is stolen, and again in a second battle on the ground. When he confronts Gato in the Full Burnern, both pilots destroy each other's suits, ending the battle in a draw. In their last fight, Gato perishes only when he launches a suicide attack on the Federation fleet. Yes, Kou shoots Cima down, although this can be argued to have been a matter of chance when he spins the Dendrobium around.

Then again, you could say Norris lets Shiro kill him, prioritizing the Guntank - and the safety of the shuttle - over his life.
    Last edited by Aristo; April 7, 2015 at 3:50 AM.

Sorry had to lol

Solid points though, but don't forget while Kou didn't win he forced Gato to retreat several times including the first time Kou faced him in the Shoebox
    Attached Images

I think both are skillful and resourceful pilots and the match is pretty even.

But if we are talking about being mature (mentally) and being a leader, then Shiro has Kou beat down like a puppet.

its safe to say Shiro = Better Pilot. Kou = Better Unit.

Only thing is, I think the degree in which the GP-01/GP-03 is stronger than Gundam GT/EZ-8 is greater than the degree Shiro is better at piloting than kou.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

I think everyone is missing something important about the Shiro vs Norris fight, Shiro had back up. Norris wasn't just fighting Shiro, he was fighting 3 modified MS and at least 1-2 GTs and they were coordinating their attacks through a command truck that could track his Gouf. If anything it proves how badass Norris was to not only hold his own, but to actually toy with them.

Lets take Kou now, he fought Gato (which hes a true ace) in similar performing MS, he not only survived, but caused Gato to retreat several times, he took him on 1 on 1 and fought him to a draw in the GP01 vs GP02 battle. He damaged and forced Gato to retreat in the MA battles, and their final battle was cut short because the solar weapon was deployed heavily damaging both of them thus knocking him out and of course Gato being Zeon had enough honor to not kill Kou like that

Although he is seen involved in more 1v1 situations and dogfights, Kou Uraki seems more impetuous to me than Shiro, who presumably has the ability to stay composed in battle.
    However, there are no strats to come up with in a 1v1.

I don't get the argument regarding shiro tranquilizing Aina's suit with a ball. How would you expect a rookie to hit a target that small with a rather undeveloped mobile suit?
    Zakus also have recoil so there's that; Being a rookie, Aina is bound to blunder against Shiro.

No, Shiro does not defeat a Zaku by his barren body and a rocket launcher, either.
    Staying camouflaged while attacking from a totally unsuspectable angle is an easy thing to pull off.

Lastly, Shiro's battle against Norris has been expounded to a sufficent extent, just a reminder: 1vX - and yet, Shiro lucks out due to him being reinforced by his mates. (I haven't watched 08th in 2 years and any gundam series in year now and yet I seem to be the only one to remember.)

Key question: Does Shiro improve?
    The answer is no.

Moving onto Kou, this guy works on himself a lot in the series due to him being low in skill.

Does not intercept Gato in his first battle.

Loses against Cima in a suit not made for space (good look driving a touring car on a rallye track)

Defeats a disabled former soldier in a project MA.

Outmoves a mediocre pilot (Cima) in a 1v1 she could have won by dodging the projectiles.

Lastly, fares well against Gato, who is an "above top-tier" oldtype zeon pilot.

In conclusion to this half-assed review: Kou improves a lot and has decent 1v1 experience whereas Shiro is testified dodging the bullets of an insanely hard-to-control Zaku (remeber the recoil - these must be projectiles for there are shells) and totally fucking up the other 1v1 against Norris which he actually loses (I'll assure you he'd be done for sure if it wasnt for his mates)

However, do you have any idea how a coherent, non-gundam like, 1v1 would look like?
    Hide behind objects, stay as far away as possible, use your gun and luck out in terms of timing, get your aim right which is probably assisted by the features of the MS and you're good to go.
    Strategy no.2: Run and Gun: As beam rifles have no recoil, one could just fire while moving (something Aina is incapable of in her battle against Shiro) and either excel in aiming at the opponent or luck out.

These MS are quite slow compared to the flashy Destiny, 00 or whatever.

tl;dr : 1v1s are settled by aim and luck. No beam sabers and that crap. Just move a way as soon as tries to pull off that crap.

There is certainly no decisive winner in this fight - however, although I can see Shiro staying calmer than Kou, thius acting on logic, Kou might have better aim due to his dogfighting experience.
    Anime is for kids