Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Firearms pt.2

Re: Firearms pt.2

Quote Originally Posted by RileyWarfield View Post
    I recently discovered that some Nerf picatinny rails work with real optics and other accessories.... I was not aware of this and now I have some.... um ideas. I am aware Nerf guns are NOT real firearms, but I didn't know where else to put this. lol

Nerf Mods are big business on Ebay and Etsy. I have a couple right now that I am modding to play war with the nephews and surprise them. Lots of 'Nerfers' as they call themselves, use real optics and such just for the giggles. Just search Youtube for 'Nerf mods' and prepare to be amazed

I had no idea there was a firearms thread on this forum. As if I didn't like you guys enough already lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Haides View Post
    I had no idea there was a firearms thread on this forum. As if I didn't like you guys enough already lol.
    You have an aversion to firearms?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    You have an aversion to firearms?
    No not at all, quite the opposite. I was saying I like you guys even more now lol.

I have a Ruger 10/22 takedown, a 12ga Mossberg 500, a Glock 19, a Romanian Tokarev I bought with my FFL03 C&R, and an AR I semi-built myself. It's just cool to discover how many of us have many of the same hobbies.

ssssooooo I treated myself and purchased the S&W Bodyguard 380 with the red laser =)

How do you like it?

How do you like it?
    I have yet to pick it up but I'm excited

Quote Originally Posted by EP2455 View Post
    I have yet to pick it up but I'm excited
    Oh sorry, I didn't pay attention to your location. I also live behind enemy lines (in Maryland) so feel your pain lol.
    Last edited by Haides; April 26, 2017 at 9:56 AM.

Oh sorry, I didn't pay attention to your location. I also live behind enemy lines (in Maryland) so feel your pain lol.
    I picked it up last thursday. I love it

Quote Originally Posted by EP2455 View Post
    ssssooooo I treated myself and purchased the S&W Bodyguard 380 with the red laser =)
    now go out and get a 9mm with night sights so you dont get killed. hahaha. kidding. well sort of. its half personal opinion, half 380 sucks at disabling an attacker. 9mm is better at getting to vitals and doing enough damage to them to incapacitate. hot 380 with good shot placement and projectiles with limited expansion should do fine.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    now go out and get a 9mm with night sights so you dont get killed. hahaha. kidding. well sort of. its half personal opinion, half 380 sucks at disabling an attacker. 9mm is better at getting to vitals and doing enough damage to them to incapacitate. hot 380 with good shot placement and projectiles with limited expansion should do fine.
    I have the highest faith in my hollow point 380 lol

.380 ammo has come a long way in recent years, it's now about as good as 9mm and .45, remember it wasn't long ago 9mm was considered weaker than .45 although .357 is still King lol

.380's problem is it does not have the kenetic energy to punch through clothing, ribs/sternum, soft tissue then deal enough damage to vitals to stop a threat immediately. sure they might die in a few minutes but that is a LONG LONG time when they are shooting back. ditch those hollow points ad get some limited expansion rounds. that will help you retain mass and energy punch though clothing bone soft tissue and deal more damage to vitals over penetration is not much of an issue with .380 and limited expansion will still give you decent energy transfer.

and 9mm is a decent round. even if you hit them with .357 you still have to hit vitals to incapacitate. .45 is great for running a can though. it is always subsonic. and if you are running a can you have a 1125 FPS speed limit so the only other way to get more energy into the target is mass and it has that.

- - - Updated - - -

.380's problem is it does not have the kenetic energy to punch through clothing, ribs/sternum, soft tissue then deal enough damage to vitals to stop a threat immediately. sure they might die in a few minutes but that is a LONG LONG time when they are shooting back. ditch those hollow points ad get some limited expansion rounds. that will help you retain mass and energy punch though clothing bone soft tissue and deal more damage to vitals over penetration is not much of an issue with .380 and limited expansion will still give you decent energy transfer.

and 9mm is a decent round. even if you hit them with .357 you still have to hit vitals to incapacitate. .45 is great for running a can though. it is always subsonic. and if you are running a can you have a 1125 FPS speed limit so the only other way to get more energy into the target is mass and it has that.

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

I know its a long shot but im covering all bases. anyone here have a LWH they would outright trade for a ACH?

- - - Updated - - -

ACH includes cover, straps, pads NVG mount and eye pro.

Zaku on kova luu.

bump.
    Id be willing to trade the ACH and negotiate some cash on top of that considering how common the ACH is and how uncommon the LWH is on the second hand market.

Also does anyone here have a Fostech echo trigger? if so have you modified yours? what modifications? im considering trying a spring kit on mine and a mod to decrease the trigger travel. was wondering if anyone here has doine it and how they like it or if they have run into any problems.

Zaku on kova luu.