Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms pt.2

Re: Firearms pt.2

I won't go near California, Illinois (ever again), Maryland only by emergency, New York, New Jersey or anywhere in the Northeast not Maine, Vermont or NH. It is impossible for me to drive to Maine from PA without the risk of being placed under arrest for the mere possession of a locked and unloaded firearm. New York and New Jersey will throw me in jail and make an example of me. I can jump the border to Ohio and lock my firearm away and be fine. When I get to Indiana or Michigan, I am free to carry my firearm concealed as my permit is honored there. In PA:

New York
    New Jersey
    Connecticut
    Massachusetts
    Maryland
    Columbia (DC)

will throw you in jail.

I was hoping to get out to the range this weekend. Might go after I head into the office Saturday. Some work needs catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfl0 View Post
    I won't go near California, Illinois (ever again), Maryland only by emergency, New York, New Jersey or anywhere in the Northeast not Maine, Vermont or NH. It is impossible for me to drive to Maine from PA without the risk of being placed under arrest for the mere possession of a locked and unloaded firearm. New York and New Jersey will throw me in jail and make an example of me. I can jump the border to Ohio and lock my firearm away and be fine. When I get to Indiana or Michigan, I am free to carry my firearm concealed as my permit is honored there. In PA:

New York
    New Jersey
    Connecticut
    Massachusetts
    Maryland
    Columbia (DC)

will throw you in jail.

I was hoping to get out to the range this weekend. Might go after I head into the office Saturday. Some work needs catching up.
    The sad thing is Federal law says that if your traveling as long as you have the gun locked away and unloaded your fine, problem is the states know this too and will make you got to court to prove it. Got to becareful of HP ammo too since its highly illegeal in NJ and all ammo must be registered in DC regardless if its a spent casing.

What the hell is the world coming to? Im staying in the south.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

It's just the US, haha. The majority of the country doesn't seem to know what to do about firearms, constantly blaming them for everything while other, more important issues are left on the wayside. Kinda baffles me that this sort of complication exists here, while in other countries that aren't so advanced or wealthy, it's no big deal.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

people are convinced that banning guns will make the US safer. But its not like i couldn't make a bomb or just steal a diesel truck and pump it full of fertilizer. Guns are just tools. And it seems like people think that they are evil baby killers. I just met a guy a few weeks ago who called my .22 a assault rifle just because it has a synthetic stock and a detachable magazine. He was cool about it though and i taught him more about guns and how to shoot. He had never fired a gun before. So i started him out small. I let my brother in law shoot my 30-06 and he is a navy guy. And he fell on his ass. I laughed so hard lol.

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    I let my brother in law shoot my 30-06 and he is a navy guy. And he fell on his ass. I laughed so hard lol.
    Hahahahahaha! That's funny. I had something similar when I fired a 7.62x54mm R round the first time out of my friends old Soviet M44 (a carbine of the M1891/39 Mosin-Nagant rifle). From then on, every time I shot that rifle, I knelled down and kept my back straight.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Lol the 54R is about the same about of recoil as the 30-06 and man the M44 is a great rifle as is the Mosin. I used to have a 300 win mag and that thing kicked hard. I might get another one after im done building this AR. Or just build another AR. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking about building a 16' with a piston maybe a ACR in x39.

Zaku on kova luu.

Better get your 7.62 by 39mm surplus before Obama bans it. I'm sitting on a 200x brick for use over the course of the year. With Russia being complicit in the jet liner shoot down and moving artillery/tanks (also firing) into Ukrainian sovereign territory, Mr. Chicago is going to punish us further. I can't wait for the frick's impeachment. Though it won't do anything. You can impeach a guy all day long without convicting him because people are complicit in protecting him.

I've had enough of his horse manure, and I am independent. I urge the process of impeachment to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta
    From then on, every time I shot that rifle, I knelled down and kept my back straight.
    I got used to it. Also put a de-accelerator pad on my Mosin for length of pull and adjustments for recoil. Make no mistake- M44s, M91/30s and T53s kick like mules. Future upgrade includes a muzzle brake (not permanent). It should reduce recoil by 30-40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku
    people are convinced that banning guns will make the US safer.
    A doctor in Pennsylvania yesterday violated a no weapons policy at his hospital when he pulled a gun on a madman entering the psychiatric ward. After the ill person killed someone, the doctor returned fire and wounded him to the point where he collapsed. He was then promptly disarmed. The attorney general and the police chief of Delaware County, PA said that the doctor saved many lives by doing what he did. An anti-gunner will tell you that 'guns have no place in our society' or 'the doctor put more people in harms way' or 'he should have just complied and been a victim' or some useless dribble like that.

I guarantee he will lose his job. But that is how the system works. Good people do good things and they are f***** over.

But its not like i couldn't make a bomb or just steal a diesel truck and pump it full of fertilizer.
    There are so many things at a hardware store that can be made into a bomb, zip gun or flame thrower. Not mentioning sharp bladed objects.

I just met a guy a few weeks ago who called my .22 a assault rifle just because it has a synthetic stock and a detachable magazine.
    He has been brainwashed by people illiterate with firearms- and/or those who are using the media coined phrase, created in 1994, to demonize gun owners by making 'assault rifles' sound like something we shouldn't have. Give a man a ruger 10/22 anyday and he will cause as much, or more- mayhem than an AR in similar magazine capacity.

Those who don't know what they are talking about, and base their arguments out of fear and emotion are attempting to run the rules for the rest of us. Illogical, politically motivated and a utopian wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyco Diver
    The sad thing is Federal law says that if your traveling as long as you have the gun locked away and unloaded your fine, problem is the states know this too and will make you got to court to prove it.
    New York and New Jersey don't give two s***s what the feds say unless they agree with it. They will make an example out of you and dole out the fact that you are a criminal in their land. New York, who overwhelmingly supports gun control (the people), New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut, California, Illinois, Hawaii, and I am sure others- can keep their putrid filth they call 'constitutional law' on their side of our border. 'A model for the nation' my ass. I meet it with non-compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyco Diver
    Got to becareful of HP ammo too since its highly illegeal in NJ and all ammo must be registered in DC regardless if its a spent casing.
    Yeah.... no. Non compliance on my part.

- - - Updated - - -

A ruling from a circuit court this morning issued an injunction against the District of Columbia regarding its ban on carriage of firearms by law abiding citizens in the enclave. The ruling stated that Columbia no longer had any reason to deny 2nd amendment rights, pure and simple. Until a law was crafted, the injunction is permanent. This means that any person not prohibited by federal law may carry (open or concealed, and I recommend concealed) a firearm on their person for lawful purposes. In this context- self defense.

Please remember that there are more draconian gun laws you would be subject to. This ruling will not protect you in the event that you need to defend yourself. It merely strikes down the ban on firearms. However. There is one more loophole the enclave can play.

They can craft a law that is 'may issue' in nature, meaning that discretion is up to law enforcement on whether to issue a permit or not. Through this scheme, virtually no one will be allowed to carry in the enclave. That will mean about 10 more years of legal trouble. States that currently play this card include California (legal action pending), New York, New Jersey (legal action pending), Maryland and a handful more.

Let it be confirmed: if you have an outright ban on carriage of firearms like Chicago or the enclave of Columbia did, you are next for constitutional rectification. Next we will go after the requirement for money and training to even own or touch a gun in the enclave. Funny, the 2nd never mentioned any of that.

As of this time, I can legally enter the District of Columbia (but not Maryland) with a loaded, concealed handgun and be constitutionally safe. I recommend not being a guinea pig for legal precedent.

Last edited by Jfl0; July 27, 2014 at 3:04 PM.

Geez I have a rough day ahead of me, my mom picked up a SIG 938 and a S&W .40 Shield and wants me to break them in for her because she won't be able to for a while. On top of that she gave me a couple hundred rounds for each. What rotten luck, I guess I might as well bring my S&W 4566 and sling some lead from that. Geez so much hard work ahead of me, but I guess someone has to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
    Geez I have a rough day ahead of me, my mom picked up a SIG 938 and a S&W .40 Shield and wants me to break them in for her because she won't be able to for a while. On top of that she gave me a couple hundred rounds for each. What rotten luck, I guess I might as well bring my S&W 4566 and sling some lead from that. Geez so much hard work ahead of me, but I guess someone has to do it
    Your comment is so full of snark and sarcasm, GLADoS from the Portal games is jealous.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

@Psyco Diver, I'm insanely jealous of what you have to do. My only consolation is that I may finally get some range time this Saturday thanks to my future father-in-law wanting to try out the .45 handgun he recently bought.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

I'm jealous of me too lol, I was planning on going out tomorrow but my normal range is closed, another one is close by but their reputation sucks something bad. I could go Thursday when they are open again. I really need to make a range in my backyard soon, I haven't been shooting since last year

Quote Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
    You poor guy lol

Zaku on kova luu.

Heres a great deal for a AR15, less than $500, its pretty base model but thats nothing that can't be fixed lol

http://grabagun.com/american-tactica...6in-black.html

It's a reputable manufacturer too. I love how people say that anyone anywhere can buy a gun off of the internet. Oh. so wrong. So wrong. It has to go to an FFL first