Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Re: Plamobot's build thread (with occasional WIP)

Yep. That lightning base makes it stand out a bit more! Otherwise, it's a swirly pink color, with orange and brown for the other colors. Looks really nice even without the added lighting effect.

Full disclosure: got the idea to use a red lightning base from another forum member, but their name escapes me at the moment.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Two questions now:

1.) The kit consists of two suits? If so, that's a good value. Makes for some good kit-bashing material too.

2.) You wired up that base with LEDs or something?
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

1) Yep, the Trans-Am version comes with both. And I got it for about half price, all things considered. Gundam Planet was having a pretty awesome sale!

2) Nope, it comes that way! Bandai has a line of lightning bases (that's what they call 'em!), available in red, green, and blue. (There might be more colors, but those are the ones I know I've seen.) I just put one in my H-Hangar system because I knew it would look nice with the Trans-Am models.

Ohhhh, I think I remember seeing those light-up bases before. I didn't know they still made them. Got to remember to buy one next year. Also, it's nice that the kit came with two. Is the face suit articulated also? Probably more than the Seravee in that state, haha.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Yes, it is. I just was too lazy to dig out an action base.

The kit actually comes with a second non-poseable Seravee in backpack form, as seen in the last pic. So technically, it's a three suit set! (And you can still fold up the Seravee itself into a backpack if you want.)

Hmmmm, kit-bash material for sure. Lots of parts at an affordable price. I'll keep this mind, haha.

Do it! I know some folks have bought this kit just to do fully painted regular Seravee and Seraphim, as it's cheaper than buying the two HG kits separately.

Meanwhile, I thought my next build was going to be quick...but it seems I've got some serious painting to do on the weapons.
    Last edited by Plamobot; June 24, 2014 at 2:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plamobot View Post
    1) Yep, the Trans-Am version comes with both. And I got it for about half price, all things considered. Gundam Planet was having a pretty awesome sale!
    I missed that kind of sale D8. When was that one?

It was a random one; only a few kits were marked down.

Here's my latest: the convention exclusive Valrave I Hito. Shiny! Took longer than expected because I had to paint the weapon hilts or they wouldn't look right. The kodachi Z-Edge scabbard also snapped off while building (really weak ball joint!), so I glued it in with a wire core. Doesn't swivel anymore, but it still looks okay, I guess. A fun build overall, despite the sticker hell. (I'll dye the effect parts and paint the Haruto figurine at some point in the future.)

valvrave-01.jpg valvrave-02.jpg valvrave-03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Plamobot View Post
    Here's my latest: the convention exclusive Valrave I Hito. Shiny! Took longer than expected because I had to paint the weapon hilts or they wouldn't look right. The kodachi Z-Edge scabbard also snapped off while building (really weak ball joint!), so I glued it in with a wire core. Doesn't swivel anymore, but it still looks okay, I guess. A fun build overall, despite the sticker hell. (I'll dye the effect parts and paint the Haruto figurine at some point in the future.)

valvrave-01.jpg valvrave-02.jpg valvrave-03.jpg

OH GOD THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!

Ugggggghhhh makes me want it ._.

Although I wish they'd make that last Valvrave that was shown (White one IIRC)

The Innocent Zero version?

Whoa, you actually had the patience to apply of the white-trim stickers? I think it paid off because the kit looks amazing. Your paint work on the swords looks great too.

How's the kit in terms of articulation?

Administrator

Amazing looking kit man. The detail work that you did on the weapons looks great. A major improvement over the all clear look. Awesome work man!
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Thanks fellas! Yeah, I did the stickers because painting all of those lines would be an arduous task, and I wasn't sure how to paint on top of a metallic finish, anyway. But I do like how the stickers look, save for some of the Valvrave symbols, so it's all good.

The articulation's great. The only thing I don't like is the ball joints that connect the Z-Edge scabbards to the hip. Like I said, one broke off during building, as I rotated it via normal motion! The other one seems fine, but I'm super-careful with them from now on. The one I glued no longer moves, but at least it's the shorter of the two. It also helps to keep the arms outstretched a bit on this model so there's plenty of room for the scabbards and the "wings."

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a build I was working on alongside the Valvrave. The rifle, open chest, and Gundam Hammer that came with this kit kinda stink, so I didn't bother using them.

sd-turn-a.jpg