Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Looks great man. Great work on the decals. The whole kit looks extremely clean.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Another build completely devoid of any nubs. Great job. I actually enjoy top coating (when it doesn't blow up in my face, haha). It makes the kit look sharper than if you left it straight out of the box.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

I did very little sanding on this kit; just tried to use sharp pointed cutters and an X-acto knife to see how close I could cut. (No sanding = laziness.)

I'm just going to be testing a few different matte sprays on various kits. We'll see how they react to my paints and panel lines.

Pretty darn nice for something without sanding. I love the panel lining on that gun too, very crisp. Decal work is done well. Any issue with applying them over the seamlines?
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

None whatsoever. This was also my first attempt as using Mr Mark Setter and Softer. Very easy. I'm going to try to decal my HG RX-78-2 Gundam and Zaku II next.

Re: Plamobot's build thread (with occasional WIP)

Just broke my current model's faceplate...hoping it'll stay together after putting some cement and Future on it. Bah.

If fortune smiles, I should have the whole finished in a week or so (got a lot of busy days next week, so I'm not sure how much model time I'll get).

That sucks. Plastic cement should do a good job fixing that up, though. Wishful thinking, but it doesn't hurt, haha.

I hear you about busy days. I'm only now starting to de-nub that Crossbone after a hectic week and a half.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

At least it's given me an idea once I build a future kit...I'll take a photo that'll explain exactly how that faceplate got cracked, in-universe.

You de-nub after the kit's built? I do it as I remove parts from the runner. Otherwise, I know I'd forget parts.

That's unfortunate. It's always discouraging when a pièce snaps. I denub kits as I go as well, for the same reasons mentioned by Plamo.

Lately, yeah, I have been de-nubbing after building the kit. I find that it tells me which nubs to focus on and which nubs to ignore, saving me some effort.

Well, I should be getting my replacement parts for my Enact on Monday, so I can (hopefully) quickly rebuild the damaged areas and take some photos of the thing. In the meantime, I've been adding decals to my HG Gundam and Zaku II to spruce 'em up a bit. Then, they'll be prime candidates for proper topcoating -- gloss, then flat -- which I've never done before. (Going to test on a few AG kits first, of course.)
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

Took me a month to build this thing due to many stops and starts. But, the HG00 Ali al-Saachez's AEU Enact Custom Agrissa Type is finally done. No pictures of flight mode, because the kit's a pain in the ass to transform without breaking.

P1020462.jpg P1020464.jpg P1020465.jpg

Ooh, I really like what you did with that visor. All those added details really make it pop.

That was a custom cut decal. I used a yellow stripe and sliced out pieces with an xacto knife. Very tiny work, and of course it was a lot of trial and error!

That is funny there. Love the work you did.
    <a href=http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191161&dateline=1395373122 target=_blank>http://www.gundamforums.com/image.ph...ine=1395373122</a>