Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    GNzaku0023: Thanks for the heads up (yea.. that was a pun.. so what?!? )

squeam: Thanks! It's a fun ride so far.

thwalker13: Thanks. I can see the end in my head.. but, I'm just waiting for the LEDs to arrive. They're kind of holding me up at the moment. I'm just finding things to do now.

Asterisk: Hmmm... having cameras ALL over my costume would be cool. AND very expensive. Having bug-eye vision would be fun. I highly doubt I can have even just one.

Mohawk Dressing

Mohawk:

Looking at the top piece, aka "mohawk".. it looked kind of boring. So, spicing it up...

Last edited by Wiltonican; February 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM.

Last edited by Wiltonican; February 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM.

Switch it up

Needed to find a good place to install the switch plate.

Inside? On the back? Or the brow ridge? Under the chin?

I think this is the way to go. Easiest to access. Those switches would be covered up by the "goatee"

Only thing I have to sort out is all the wiring that needs to get to switch plate. Obstacle being the fact that the wires needs to travel around a retractable face. Not really a big deal... since I built a convenient "channel" into the hinge point. Where I can pipe all my wiring through without the worry of any of the wires pinching by the pivoting action,

With a "scratch of the chin", I'm able to turn on all my lights and fans now.
    Last edited by Wiltonican; February 23, 2012 at 3:26 AM.

Administrator
    Now that is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    Now that is cool.
    Thanks, I might consider relocating the switches to a forearm "box". That is.. IF I get that far. I'm still debating whether or not I should just stop at the shoulders.

Administrator
    I think you should go with a full armor set. That would be one hell of a Halloween costume.

Right now.. I'm re-evaluating the entire costume. There is an end goal as far as the look is concerned. And it's the biggest concern. If I can't achieve that look. I simply won't continue. It will all depend on whether or not I can make the costume fit into my body... and still maintain the integrity of the design.

If I can't, I'll just go extra silly and wear a printed T-Shirt with the Gundam body.. and wear those silly gundam slippers. (you know the ones.. the ones that makes that crashing sound with every step) haha

Light Em Up

Electronics:

Time to dabble in the wiring. Not my forte, that's for sure. But, I know the basics... enough to get by on this project. Not going to do anything crazy.

Back on the machine guns:
    With the flashlight disassembled, I soldered a positive and negative wire to their respective points on the circuit.

Tested it out with the battery pack that came with the flashlight. You can see a rough schematic drawing of my circuitry of all the elements going in to the helmet. 4 switches that would control the lighting and fans. Eventually, power will be drawn from a small portable 12v battery.

Wish I did know more about electronics , or else I really would go nuts. (fog generator, strobing lights, neon lighting, motorized faceplate, pop-up panelling, robotic voice changer, etc. ... possibilities are endless!)

Now That's Prime

Let's get some colour onto these pieces! Well.. for starters, we need to prime anything that will be painted.

Masked the "machine guns". I want to keep a bit of the aluminum showing.

This looks good in matte grey. Hmmm.. not a bad colour choice!

Administrator
    Not bad at all. I like it.

Thanks. I'm wondering if I should stick with the body of a Strike Freedom..or just go nuts and mix-and-match .. and come up with my own design. What do you think?

Go Strike Freedom, all the way!!
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

what.. no faith in my creative chops?!?

It would be easier if I just copied SF all the way. All I have to alter is the proportions. But, designing it would be so much more fun!

Guess, I'll spend this weekend back on the computer. I still have to sort out all the decals anyways. I still can't find any detailed or close up shots of the SF decals. I have no idea what some of the smaller texts say. I guess I can make that up too.