Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Workflow? Better to Construct - Putty - Sand - Prime - Airbrush - Drybrush ? or...

I don't always know what is the best method in terms of workflow.

I always would prefer to airbrush each part before construction... though, I like to use liquid cement to glue/melt pieces together, and then sometimes use putty to get rid of seem lines....

The cement acts like thinner and just makes paint melt off.
    Should I just forget using liquid cement?

Or do most of you construct the piece, mask off parts that are a different color, and then go nuts airbrushing/touchups?

One part for instance that would make painting before constructing MUCH easier would be the head. However, I feel like the seem lines would be very noticeable after I construct it...

Can someone give me some advice please?

Super Moderator
    What i like to do is snap one leg, one arm, the torso/crotch, the backpack and the head. This way i see how it all goes together and what needs to be fixed. Then i snap what needs to be put together and and glue seams. If i need to modify a peg so i can easily remove a part or to put it back together later on i'll do so then.

Pictures of what i mean by peg modification

It makes it alot easier to paint sections of non MG's w/o a bunch of masking.

Administrator
    I did something similar with my Zudah and HGUC Sinanju's legs. No pictures on my end, though. Sad face.

Super Moderator
    Yea it's a basic technique that alot of people seem to not want to do. It doesn't affect posability, and once you remove the seams and paint, it makes your kit look 10x's better w/o blatant ugly seams!

Administrator
    Sure as hell beats unnecessary masking, too.

Might I also suggest washing right after sanding, and before priming/painting the kit.

it really helps in removing dust in hard to reach places such as some panel lines, which can become very shallow if they are filled with plastic dust you just sandpapered.
    I know it's another step, but it ensures a clean surface to begin painting.