Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've already written a post here on what I'd pilot.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Zeta might be my favorite, but realistically it doesn't go along with my combat style very well, so I'm going to go with my #2, the Infinite Justice, because it's perfect for guys like me who like to charge straight at the toughest opponent at full speed, so I can hold them off while also attracting all the attention to myself, so my teammates can flank them for the kill. Give the IJ a shotgun or two and it would be even more suited to this combat style.
    Sieg Zeon!

Exia would be good enough for me.

my-body-is-ready_c_834055.jpg
    Nice, just nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    Oh boy. I hope your body can handle its G-Force if that thing goes Trans-Am.
    by the great Deathscythe
    I'm Alphachruch on Steam, send me a pm if you wanna play.
    "I am Gundam" - Setsuna
    "The stronger you get, the firecer you get." - Domon
    "I came to laugh at you" - Quattro
    "Locked on and firing" - Lockon (favorite gundam pilot)
    "Kamille is not a man's name!" - guess i dare you.
    Jesus Christ, haven't been online in 3 years.

A ball :3c (preferably the ver Ka with the sick nasty teeth).

RX-78(G)
    RX-79(G)

I don't know why but im in love with the ground types. Mostly just 08th MS Team. With the desert paint/camo. I like the RX line of gundams in general so...

Id love to play the 08th game for dreamcast agian! /.\ it was a great sim.

Re: What Gundam would you pilot?

I would pilot my own. Specs are below.

ZGRX-035L: Varis Gundam.
    Power source:
    Ultracompact Minovsky-Deuterion Hybrid reactor.

Cockpit:
    360-degree panoramic display.
    Material: Gundarium
    Equipment:
    x2 "Super Lacerta" Beam sabers/Beam Tonfa
    Variable Form Beam Rifle (VFBR)
    Voiture Lumiere propulsion system (Combat type)
    x2 Mega particle cannon, mounted on wings. (Freedom-style.)
    x2 Vulcan Gun.
    x1 Hyper Bazooka.
    x1 Expandable Chobham shield.
    Core Block system (Core Fighter)

Special notes:
    The VFBR is designed to modify itself for multiple uses. It has four modes: Beam Sniper, Beam rifle, Buster rifle, and Beam Spray Gun.

The Varis also has foot thrusters similar to those mounted on the MS-06 Zaku II. In addition, all existing thrusters in the legs and backpack have an amplified output, giving it a speed that will rival Trans-am at full power. If the Voiture Lumiere is activated alongside the thrusters at full power, the Varis is completely untargetable, at the expense of extreme G-forces nearly twice of those of the Unicorn Gundam, and reducing all attacks to melee.

As a "Jack of all trades", the Varis Gundam is also a "Master of None." However, the Mobile Suit's performance in combat is almost directly correlated to the pilot's skill.

Designed using technology from the U.C. and C.E. timelines.

I really dont know what it was about Gundam Barbatos but I just loved everything about it. I would definitely pilot something from Post Disaster era.

First of all the Alaya Vijnana system IMO gives these Gundam pilots a HUGE advantage over Gundam pilots in past series. Mikazuki Augus was just a kid but could go toe to toe with most other main pilots from any other series partly because of the way his character was portrayed but largely due to the advantage of the Alaya Vijnana allowing him to directly link into Barbatos. Also after watching this series I never want to see a beam saber again. The sheer brutality of giant metal weapons smashing into mobile suits was incredible.

Personally I would choose to pilot a modified version of Gundam Gusion Rebake Full City from IBO equipped with the Alaya Vijnana I would shed all the heavy armor and reconfigure it with some lighter armor which would allow it move more quickly. Upgrade the thrusters and boosters to allow the suit to move more quickly. I would equip it with two small beam cannons that could easily be accessed by the rear arms and equip it with 4 battle axes that were similar to the series. This configuration would be more for close quarters fighting but the cannons would still give it some range.

Get me up close and personal baby. I would just ram those axes through every cockpit of every mobile suit that got within my range.

I have thought about building this specific configuration on a model kit but im new to the craft so ill probably do it somewhere down the line.

Alternatively. Just put me in Gundam Death Scythe and let me hack away with that scythe beam.

I find it amusing how very nearly every single person replied to this post with their own special unique snowflake fanfic Gundam rather than picking any that existed within any of the actual series.

Anyway, after playing countless various Gundam games against the competent competition in Japan I have learned a few things....
    I am pretty much a failure at close combat and those that engage in it tend not to live long in general.
    I am a bit better when it comes to using long ranged weapons, but I can't use a sniper rifle worth a damn and bazookas... only when closer.

Generally my best weapons are machine guns, because even if I miss a couple times I can at least hit half of the time and if, nothing else, get the enemy to over-react to my spray of fire, and missiles, because they handle half the issue of hitting the opponent so long as I have locked on long enough to begin with.

As such, noting that I don't know much about some of the more obscure Gundam models, I would wager that my best fit would by the Gundam Heavy Arms.
    [RP]Mobile Suit Gundam: War-Torn Horizons - Nobuyori Takeda, pilot of Elmeda (Tokugawa Knight Custom)

Quote Originally Posted by jaster-jesek View Post
    I find it amusing how very nearly every single person replied to this post with their own special unique snowflake fanfic Gundam rather than picking any that existed within any of the actual series.

Anyway, after playing countless various Gundam games against the competent competition in Japan I have learned a few things....
    I am pretty much a failure at close combat and those that engage in it tend not to live long in general.
    I am a bit better when it comes to using long ranged weapons, but I can't use a sniper rifle worth a damn and bazookas... only when closer.

Generally my best weapons are machine guns, because even if I miss a couple times I can at least hit half of the time and if, nothing else, get the enemy to over-react to my spray of fire, and missiles, because they handle half the issue of hitting the opponent so long as I have locked on long enough to begin with.

As such, noting that I don't know much about some of the more obscure Gundam models, I would wager that my best fit would by the Gundam Heavy Arms.
    Not everyone in this thread picked a custom designed suit (or as you call them "fan-fic mobile suits). Some picked suits from the shows. Don't generalize people into one group. Now, my post is old and my tastes have changed over the years. In my post, the suit I described would be more suitable for Build Fighters. In actual combat, I would pick something that's good in the mid to long range while offering a balance between these three qualities: Offense, Defense, and Mobility. With these qualities in mind, the suits that would best suit me would be the Zeta, F91, Wing Zero, Nu (which would also include the Hi-Nu as well), and the Freedom.
    Last edited by Zeta; January 19, 2018 at 7:27 PM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

F91, or Hi Nu.

Excellent info.
    Alice

Quote Originally Posted by DK.Alice View Post
    Excellent info.
    Are you just posting to post!?

I'd pick Dynames, I like the sniper suit and having A GN drive plus Haro would be sweet
    WIP page : http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...rage-of-Gunpla

Completed kits
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...ed-quot-builds

All my latest work can also be seen on my Instagram (Gundam and Non-Gundam) jquintel2002

My answer from 2013 remains the same, even 4+ years later. The question itself is too broad, as there is the differences between universes and tech.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Well.... i tend to like mobile suits that has an overdrive mode, such as trans am and F91's MEPE. So.... my choice for this would be F91 itself(I like my ms small and agile), Geminass 01, and Griepe. From 00 series maybe Astrea type F2. Oh and all 3 tv anime forms of AGE 2 too, despite not having a power up overdrive mode.
    "Haro!"- Haro
    Ridden: "Hey, I've heard of you. The White Wolf, right? Nice to meet you."
    Matsunaga: "Oh, this is a pleasure. I didn't expect to meet with the famous Red Comet."
    Ridden: "! I'm not the Red Comet; I'm the Crimson Lightning!"
    Matsunaga: "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Then, I'm counting on your support, Crimson Lightning Char Aznable."
    Ridden: "... Forget it..."
    Matsunaga: "Hm? What's wrong, Char?"