Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 381 of 385 FirstFirst ... 281331371376377378379380381382383384385 LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 5764
    Super Moderator

Re: GNN Gundam News Network

How is it lazy and cheap for them to make a new mold? Putting the kits on the existing designs would be lazier. The Blue Destiny would be using the old MG Ground/Ez8 frame, which while solid, is quite outdated.

I truly believe we'll get a pale rider one day, but only as a p bandai.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    Watch Bandai randomly make the eventual 1/100 Pale Rider and/or Blue Destiny be RE/100 rather than reusing perfectly fine existing MG designs as a base for developing MG versions of those designs.
    See RE/100 Jagd Doga and Gun-EZ as examples of what I'm talking about. I like the RE/100 line for what it is, but releasing a RE/100 version of something that already has a lot of the work done for a MG kit just comes across as cheap and lazy on Bandai's part.
    I highly doubt the Pale Rider would be be a RE. I just think it will be quite some time before bandai decides to release it. The Blue Destiny on the other hand I can see as a RE. Like Squee said. The old MG Ez8 kit is pretty out dated and unless we get a 2.0 Ez8 in the distance future I doubt we will see MG Blue Destiny, but hey I could be wrong.

Administrator

Even if the Rider were a P-Bandai kit. I'd buy it. I've been hovering around the GM Dominance and Stormbringer for awhile. Just haven't pulled the trigger.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    Even if the Rider were a P-Bandai kit. I'd buy it. I've been hovering around the GM Dominance and Stormbringer for awhile. Just haven't pulled the trigger.
    Same. I almost bought the stormbringer off my friend, but i don't want to build that frame over and over again. Also holding out for a pale rider.

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    How is it lazy and cheap for them to make a new mold? Putting the kits on the existing designs would be lazier. The Blue Destiny would be using the old MG Ground/Ez8 frame, which while solid, is quite outdated.

I truly believe we'll get a pale rider one day, but only as a p bandai.
    Great as RE/100s are, turning a MS into a RE/100 is most definitely cheaper and requires less effort than making a new MG (and depending on the necessary modifications, adapting an existing MG design into a new one). They are after all just slightly spruced up 1/100 scale HGs (in terms of complexity). There was no excuse (outside of laziness/cheapness) for Jaqd Doga to get a RE/100 kit over a MG kit; MG Geara Doga isn't that old.
    Sieg Zeon!

Administrator

The same could be said for the Zaku Kai. They could have easily adapted the MG Zaku 2.0 frame into that design. But they made it a RE100 instead.

To us, Bandai's logic; has no logic. But I'm sure they do what they do for a reason. Just like all major conglomerates.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Their logic/reason for their actions is simple: maximizing profit. I get it; I just think they could make even more profit (as well as satisfy their fans more) if they were just a little less cheap/lazy than they are and took just a little bit more risk than they do. Having a slightly more global perspective when it comes to making their release plans wouldn't hurt either (I'm still pissed about their abysmal treatment of Wing's MG line; seriously why the f*** would you calibrate your release plans for Wing's MG line in a way that deliberately sabotages/thwarts its chances for success in the markets that love Wing the most? It's insane that the Katoki redesign crap were the standard releases rather than the EW or TV versions that most fans/people have nostalgia/warm feelings for; it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why the Wing MG line underperformed).

On the taking slightly more risk front, seriously why don't we have a 1/100 Kshatriya at this point? We know they've looked into making a MG before, because they've admitted as much. The RE/100 line seemed like it was designed specifically to let us finally get a 1/100 Kshatriya, since it would eliminate some of the weight problems and associated high cost Bandai has alluded to when referring to a potential MG, and yet there still isn't a RE/100 Kshatriya. Given Unicorn's enduring popularity and the fact that expensive things like the HGUC Neo Zeong are a thing, it can't possibly be that they don't think there's a market for a 1/100 Kshatriya. My best guess is that they are waffling on whether to take the risk and release Kshatriya as an expensive MG like The O, or just take the relatively safe/cheap route and make a RE/100. Personally, I'd happily take either at this point (although I'd definitely prefer a MG).
    Sieg Zeon!

The GM Intercept Custom is going to be coming out with its Fellow Boost. ...And it's a P-Bandai.
    https://www.gundamkitscollection.com...pt-custom.html
    Pro tip for fixing seam lines: It rubs the puddy on its seam or else it gets the hose again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsAndDust View Post
    The GM Intercept Custom is going to be coming out with its Fellow Boost. ...And it's a P-Bandai.
    https://www.gundamkitscollection.com...pt-custom.html
    Well that's interesting considering this was last week's week long (ending yesterday) promotional MS for the game Gundam Battle Operations 2. I find it interesting that they announced the p-bandai kit around the same time.

Super Moderator

Pretty sure they're teasing the MG finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post

Pretty sure they're teasing the MG finally.
    Aside from adding a cockpit, and adding a inner frame to the head, backpack, and some additional details. I wonder what can they do to make this into a MG.

Took them long enough. Wonder how they'll handle all of the equipment variations. Probably a bunch of P-Bandai add on packs or stand alone kits, but, you never know, they might be nice and include all/most of the season 1 equipment options in the base kit.

@Rxslinger: MGs typically have way more detail than 1/100 non-grades (or RE/100s for that matter), so while the existing 1/100 Barbatos has an inner frame, the MG kit will still almost certainly be more detailed. Given the common frame angle IBO went for in canon, don't be surprised if the frame for MG Barbatos is used to turn additional IBO "Gundam frame" mobile suits such as Gusion Rebake into MGs using a common inner frame like Bandai did with Wing and SEED anniversary MG lines.
    Sieg Zeon!

Oh snap, that's a big bertha! :O

Coming October for 7,480 Yen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronové View Post
    Oh snap, that's a big bertha! :O

Coming October for 7,480 Yen.
    At nearly $75, the Odysseus Gundam better be included.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church