Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 376 of 380 FirstFirst ... 276326366371372373374375376377378379380 LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 5695

Re: GNN Gundam News Network

If its not UC then it isnt really a Zaku. and sometimes even if it is. damn Origin decided to retcon so much cause money.

And zeta-g blaming them is exactly what i did. sales of the FZ would have more than justified the costs for them. their production cots are relatively low when you consider the tooling and machine costs are spread over EVERYTHING they make. from starwars stuff to gunpla. and the warrior is partly to blame because they chose easy money over the anti-hero of a classic series. ive been pointing out how blatantly they display that they only care about maximizing profits.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

I was wondering why they chose to showcase the Penelope first, but then I remembered that unlike the Penelope which appears very early on, the Xi Gundam takes so long to show up it might not even be in the first film (or at least only towards the end).

Anyways, given how ridonculously large the Penelope is I hope it isn't too expensive.

You’re entitled to your opinion, Zaku, but the rest of us are allowed to be excited about the CE version of the Zaku getting a MG release, which is a minor miracle in itself since, despite CE’s enduring popularity in the motherland, it’s still been 15 years since Destiny and Bandai doesn’t make a habit of releasing that many non-Zaku/non-OYW/non-UC grunts as MGs. Usually it’s just (lead) Gundams.

As for the HGUC Penelope’s price, I’m guessing that it'll probably end up being in the same price range as the Narrative A-packs and Kshatriya (either version).
    Last edited by Zeta-G; May 8, 2019 at 1:00 PM. Reason: fixed typo and improved clarity.
    Sieg Zeon!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    If its not UC then it isnt really a Zaku. and sometimes even if it is.
    What about the MS-06 Borjarnon from Turn A? Not UC but its a freaking zaku no matter how you look at it.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

That HG Sandrock tempts me, but I haven't even built my MG yet, so...
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    What about the MS-06 Borjarnon from Turn A? Not UC but its a freaking zaku no matter how you look at it.
    I don’t disagree with you about the Borjarnon definitely being a Zaku, but Turn A is a continuation of UC. Just takes place in a later era.

On that note it is kind of odd that Bandai hasn’t put out a MG Borjarnon to go with Turn A and Turn X. Not like it would take much, if any, work outside of designing some new decals or something minor like that. Normally that would be the exact sort of cheap variant that they’d be all over (especially for P-Bandai/Gundam Base Tokyo if nothing else).

I would also say that the Zaku Warrior looks more like a traditional UC Zaku than Barbatos resembles a traditional Gundam (from pretty much any era). So if Bandai can get away with calling the Barbatos a Gundam, then the Zaku Warrior is most definitely a Zaku, regardless of if it’s UC or not. Honestly, I wish they’d give us new takes on the Zaku as often as they give us new takes on Gundams.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; May 8, 2019 at 3:27 PM. Reason: Improved clarity
    Sieg Zeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    How the shit does the zaku warrior get a MG but the FZ does not? fuck bandai
    Well that escalated quickly.

When I saw the MG Zaku Warrior last night. I wondered how long till Zaku saw it and how mad he would get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post

It sucks that the FZ is only getting a RE/100, but don’t blame the MG Warrior for that; blame the bean counting suits at Bandai corporate and/or the mecha designers for all of the post-War in the Pocket UC works that never bothered to make variants of the FZ, and always opting to make variants based on the standard design instead (prominent ones at least). Could be worse; Bandai could have opted to make a MG Dagger/Windam instead of the ZAKU Warrior.
    Actually the FZ was used by various characters through several forms of media. They could have easily did the FZ, FZ helmet, and the Capital Defense Battalion Side 3 FZ to name a few.

Liking the Zaku Warrior, saves me the trouble of hunting down an inferior 1/100 and paying a similar price...
    All my latest work can also be seen on my Instagram (Gundam and Non-Gundam) https://www.instagram.com/jquintel2002/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    As for the HGUC Penelope’s price, I’m guessing that it'll probably end up being in the same price range as the Narrative A-packs and Kshatriya (either version).
    That's right. I forgot that, much like the Narrative, there's a Gundam under all that armor: the Odysseus.

Also, I noticed that with these recent announcements that there is distinct lack of photos (outside of the pictures posted by Ronove). Let's change that.

Also, in the P-Bandai department, we have an MG Crossbone Gundam X-0, and a RG Tallgeese III on the way.

Finally, in regards to the recently announced kits of the Maganac Corps sets here is what you get, along with clarification.

So for the Rasheed, Abdul, Auda, and Ahmad custom variants you do not get two seperate kits, rather you get enough frame parts for one of two variants.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    Actually the FZ was used by various characters through several forms of media. They could have easily did the FZ, FZ helmet, and the Capital Defense Battalion Side 3 FZ to name a few.
    I figured there were, especially in manga just by the sheer volume of the stuff, that’s why I used the “prominent” qualifier. Basically the other UC OVAs could’ve worked it in (it’s not supposed to be a unique model), but didn’t. And being in anime is pretty much always going to improve a designs’ odds over being in a random manga (again given the ridiculous volume of the stuff that they print every month), especially when it comes to MGs.

Plus, while westerners including myself love 0080, exactly how popular is 0080 in Japan in the first place? Last I knew, 0080 still didn’t have a blu-ray over there. Gundam X beat 0080 to getting one and we all know X is far from the most popular Gundam series over there. Meanwhile Destiny (and SEED in general) is still one of the most popular Gundam anime over there. That could definitely be playing a part in Bandai’s decision making beyond the ease of recycling the molds, especially when you consider how many prominent/popular characters have piloted a Zaku Warrior and/or have their own custom variants of it compared to the FZ which just has Bernie (and the parts for the alternate head version they always throw in as a bonus).
    Sieg Zeon!

Amen! Fuck bandai!

I've been lurking for years and finally something that excites me is posted to bring me back lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    That's right. I forgot that, much like the Narrative, there's a Gundam under all that armor: the Odysseus.

Also, I noticed that with these recent announcements that there is distinct lack of photos (outside of the pictures posted by Ronove). Let's change that.

Also, in the P-Bandai department, we have an MG Crossbone Gundam X-0, and a RG Tallgeese III on the way.

Finally, in regards to the recently announced kits of the Maganac Corps sets here is what you get, along with clarification.

So for the Rasheed, Abdul, Auda, and Ahmad custom variants you do not get two seperate kits, rather you get enough frame parts for one of two variants.
    Cannot post pictures last time, so forego on trying.:P

Definitely going to look out for the MG Crossbone X-0, was just wondering last time if they ever going to release MG version when looking at the HGUC one on sale somewhere.

So, anyway, in order to get the whole Maganac Corps of 40, one have to purchase the 36 big set, one of each of the special variant set, and 2 normal Maganacs or 2 sets of each special variant? That sounds like $600 or more to get the whole corps. Will need to look into that...

Lastly, since was on lurker mode for a while due to work and stuffs, MG F90 was "showcased" around the time that MG F91 version 1.0 was announced, but was never released, so did that make MG F90 one of the only one that skipped the version 1.0 and straight to version 2.0? Will get MG F90 for certain, hopefully they do not release too many variants. There are 4 HG or no grade ones, so hopefully the MG ones will not exceed that, or at least hopefully they just release expansion pack(s) instead.

Super Moderator

I was actually trying to find an X3 for a decent price, but i might just wait for the X-0 since its coming out. I need it for parts lol

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by F91 View Post
    So, anyway, in order to get the whole Maganac Corps of 40, one have to purchase the 36 big set, one of each of the special variant set, and 2 normal Maganacs or 2 sets of each special variant? That sounds like $600 or more to get the whole corps. Will need to look into that...
    More like the set of 36 and two of each special variant. Now the special variants make sense as P-Bandai kits, but the set of 36 really doesn't. They could've included the extra weapons and extra armor parts in the standard kit. Doesn't seem like they would take up much plate space. That way you could leave it to the consumer to chose whether or not to buy and build the entire Maganac Corps. Why make an entire set?
    Last edited by Zeta; May 9, 2019 at 1:25 AM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

@Zeta: The 36 Maganac Corps set is basically intended to be a big, extravagant release in celebration of the (10th?) anniversary of P-Bandai; this was said when it was first announced. It’s basically intentional overkill just because they can and it’s kinda cool.
    Sieg Zeon!