Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212217218219220221222
Results 3,316 to 3,323 of 3323

Re: The true Battleground

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    Exia. Since you didn't state pilots I'm going off specs. The Exia's GN Sword already has the edge in cutting power but with the application of GN particles to the E-Carbon blade it will cut right thru that tooth pick long sword of the Barbatos. I'd rate agility of each suit at roughly the same as they're meant to be fast, agile, and melee based Gundams. And even if the Exia can't get a good slash in it can always fall back and use the GN Sword's GN Gun function.
    There's a problem with that: Nano Laminated Armor. Beams and even many swords are ineffective against it. And it's mentioned that the Gundam is also made of a special allow that may be equivalent to Gundanium. It is likely that GN weapons could also be completely useless against it. Just like how AGE mobile suits might able able to just wreck everything because D.O.D.S. rips through even the setting equivalent to an I-Field with ease. Different AUs have different tech, which makes match ups hard to determine and really unbalanced.

But yeah, GN weapons are still basically beam weapons and Nanon Laminated Armor specifically exists so that beam weapons are useless and just not used in IBO's setting. So my money is on Barbatos since the Exia would have to try to use the GN blade like a normal blade, and the pilot/Setsuna would probably be caught off guard by their GN weaponry just not doing squat against the Barbatos.
    Last edited by Riah; August 6, 2016 at 3:32 AM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

There's no problem at all. You see, *ahem*, Trans-Am. Particle hax wins always.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

...Um...I never saw Beam weapons used in IBO...Could you elaborate where they are used OO

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I don't think they're actually used. But they're specifically mentioned to exist, but to have gone out of fashion because of Ahab Waves causing interference and because of nano laminated armor resisting them. Long range shots with normal kinetic guns can still be ineffective too if the guns aren't strong enough. This is taken to such an extreme that battle ships will sometimes RAM INTO EACH OTHER instead of shoot. And this is alll so we can see robots swing metal swords and maces and hammers and such at each other instead of more beam spam.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Which is a good shot, but from what I heard, even the mechanical designer said there are specifically no beam weapons and there were not going to happen. And I'm going over the Anime again and I do not see them unless the guns used by the ships are beam weaponry

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

AMA-X7 Shamblo

Pilot Mahdi Garvey

vs

5 GNX-603T GN-X

5 Federation Pilots

Battleground Dakar

Gundam fight

Set

GO!!
    Attached Images

Interesting, the GNXs are very maneuverabile but the Shamblo can fire in all directions thanks to the reflectors. I'll give it to Shamblo because it has the raw fire power

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    There's a problem with that: Nano Laminated Armor. Beams and even many swords are ineffective against it. And it's mentioned that the Gundam is also made of a special allow that may be equivalent to Gundanium. It is likely that GN weapons could also be completely useless against it. Just like how AGE mobile suits might able able to just wreck everything because D.O.D.S. rips through even the setting equivalent to an I-Field with ease. Different AUs have different tech, which makes match ups hard to determine and really unbalanced.

But yeah, GN weapons are still basically beam weapons and Nanon Laminated Armor specifically exists so that beam weapons are useless and just not used in IBO's setting. So my money is on Barbatos since the Exia would have to try to use the GN blade like a normal blade, and the pilot/Setsuna would probably be caught off guard by their GN weaponry just not doing squat against the Barbatos.
    How exactly.... are GN weapons still basically beam weapons? The physical ones I mean, like Exia's GN Sword. The wiki says they become pink (the particles) when in beam form, hence all ranged weapons shooting pinkish beams. I thought Exia's GN Sword worked differently.