Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 223 1234561151101 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

The true Battleground

Here is where you pit two suits/gundams/armors/etc against each other.

To make it a bit more of an actual debate, try and pit two things of opposite sides with similar traits or uses from the same time zone. Gundams vs Gundams however, can easily be any against another and still be good.

I'll start.

MS IGLOO, 0078-0079

Discontinued Mobile armors, bot being tanks.

Zeon Hidolfr vs the Federation 440 guntank.

Let's get it on, who would win.
    Equal piloting skill between the two of them, stats alone.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Super Moderator

Re: The true Battleground

I'm going with Hildolfr. It wins with that BFG 33cm cannon and the ability to wield other MS weapons. I believe it's also faster than the 440. But what really gives it the edge is its ability to nail moving targets via the rotation capabilities of the "top half"---as long as that big ol' gun doesn't knock it over in the process
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by squeam
    I'm going with Hildolfr. It wins with that BFG 33cm cannon and the ability to wield other MS weapons. I believe it's also faster than the 440. But what really gives it the edge is its ability to nail moving targets via the rotation capabilities of the "top half"---as long as that big ol' gun doesn't knock it over in the process
    Hildolfr, for the same reasons that squeam listed.

Super Moderator

I suppose that was quite the decisive win. Here's to that sexy machine, the Hildolfr.

Up next we're going to some frontline.

E.F.G.F.
    Type 61 tank
    Two 150mm main cannons

Zeon
    HT-01B Magella Attack Tank
    175mm main cannon
    Detachable turret for flight or hand weapon use

I'm gonna go with the Magella attack tank on this one. It's light weight, fast, and has anti-personnel weapons mounted on it. Not to mention the "Ejection" capability of the Magella (Seen in 8th MS team)
    It may not be the hardest hitting or have the heaviest armor, but it can skirt it's way around the feddie's attack tank any day.
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go with the Zeon's tank. Those things can even give RX-78-2 some trouble.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Alright, I've got one for you:

You've seen them work together, but who would win in a direct face off?!
    In the first corner, coming in at 79 tons, 18 meters, the light weight champion of Z.A.F.T and protector of Steller Loussier, The Angst Filled DESTINY GUNDAM!!!!!!
    [attachment=1:1rsz353m]Dstny.jpg[/attachment:1rsz353m]

Aaaaaaaaand in the other corner, weighing in at 86 tons and a height of almost 19 meters, the heavy hitter, the keeper of DRAGOONs, and the clone of providence, The Infamous, LEGEND GUNDAM!!!!!
    [attachment=0:1rsz353m]Gundam-seed-gundam-legend.png[/attachment:1rsz353m]
    Attached Images
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Super Moderator

They would both equally tear each other into shreds. Ok actually I believe Legend would win. Heavy hitter and huge powerful funnels of stock footage.

Btw guys, I don't ever argue for any of my topics, and I hope for the same from you guys. And please wait for a conclusion of one topic before starting another. I don't want 4 different conversations going on in this thread.

SFA, you're not wrong about Destiny and Legend tearing each other to shreds. However I'm going to give Destiny the edge over Legend. Why, Destiny is the king of speed. When the Wing of Light activate, they generate after image effects that would make it very hard to target, even if targeted by the DRAGOON System. Shinn would have activated the Wings of Light to dodge the DRAGOONS to move in for a melee finisher with his anti-ship laser sword.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta
    SFA, you're not wrong about Destiny and Legend tearing each other to shreds. However I'm going to give Destiny the edge over Legend. Why, Destiny is the king of speed. When the Wing of Light activate, they generate after image effects that would make it very hard to target, even if targeted by the DRAGOON System. Shinn would have activated the Wings of Light to dodge the DRAGOONS to move in for a melee finisher with his anti-ship laser sword.
    All very true. I was going more for the lawlz. That and the horrendous SD image of destiny discouraged me. Maybe GNZ can smack his two 1/100 Destiny and Legend kits together repeatedly and tell us which one will end up winning.

So two discussions in need of a definite conclusion:
    Type 61 vs Magella Attack
    and
    Legend vs Destiny

After these, one discussion at a time.

The Red Frame vs. Sinanju

on http://gundam-eclipse.com/index/ if anyone needs or wants to talk.

Super Moderator

Magella wins that one: flying tank!

Destiny v. Legend is harder:

They are designed for different types of fights and carry very differents arsenals. I tend to agree, though, that the "Wings of Light" are Destiny's Ace-in-the-Hole. It seems that the 2 suits would quickly cancel each other out, in terms of firepower. Beam boomerangs, anti-ship sword and cannon together destroying the DRAGOONS; but not before handing Destiny some real damage. All the wounded Destiny needs is a little life left in the amazing Stargazer-tech wings or one functioning palm beam to send the battered Legend out in style. This is all assuming Athrun doesn't get up in their business and lay 'em both out with some "Justice".
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Super Moderator

Lawlz "Justice".

So for the Magella Attack vs Type 61, it would appear through versatility and popular demand, the Magella wins.

So now back to our current discussion. Legend vs Destiny.

I think Destiny is winning at the moment however.

After this discussion comes to a victor, Red Frame Astray picks a bone with Sinanju.

By my count SFA it's 2 for Destiny and 1 for Legend.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Super Moderator
    Well it's been quite a while so I'd say that Destiny wins.

So let's move on to the next topic. Red Frame Astray vs Sinanju.

Now this seems extremely unfair to me, so let's subtract the pilot. Let's imagine there are two cyber newtypes that are equal and every way each piloting one of them. They both fair well in space, so that is going to be the combat medium. Take in mind their size and combat differences. Also, I'm throwing in the Ver. Kai Red Frame with the tactical arms.

Last edited by SilverFrameAstray; June 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: bad image on the sinanju