Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 222 of 223 FirstFirst ... 122172212217218219220221222223 LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3340

Re: The true Battleground

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    Exia. Since you didn't state pilots I'm going off specs. The Exia's GN Sword already has the edge in cutting power but with the application of GN particles to the E-Carbon blade it will cut right thru that tooth pick long sword of the Barbatos. I'd rate agility of each suit at roughly the same as they're meant to be fast, agile, and melee based Gundams. And even if the Exia can't get a good slash in it can always fall back and use the GN Sword's GN Gun function.
    There's a problem with that: Nano Laminated Armor. Beams and even many swords are ineffective against it. And it's mentioned that the Gundam is also made of a special allow that may be equivalent to Gundanium. It is likely that GN weapons could also be completely useless against it. Just like how AGE mobile suits might able able to just wreck everything because D.O.D.S. rips through even the setting equivalent to an I-Field with ease. Different AUs have different tech, which makes match ups hard to determine and really unbalanced.

But yeah, GN weapons are still basically beam weapons and Nanon Laminated Armor specifically exists so that beam weapons are useless and just not used in IBO's setting. So my money is on Barbatos since the Exia would have to try to use the GN blade like a normal blade, and the pilot/Setsuna would probably be caught off guard by their GN weaponry just not doing squat against the Barbatos.
    Last edited by Riah; August 6, 2016 at 3:32 AM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

There's no problem at all. You see, *ahem*, Trans-Am. Particle hax wins always.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

...Um...I never saw Beam weapons used in IBO...Could you elaborate where they are used OO

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I don't think they're actually used. But they're specifically mentioned to exist, but to have gone out of fashion because of Ahab Waves causing interference and because of nano laminated armor resisting them. Long range shots with normal kinetic guns can still be ineffective too if the guns aren't strong enough. This is taken to such an extreme that battle ships will sometimes RAM INTO EACH OTHER instead of shoot. And this is alll so we can see robots swing metal swords and maces and hammers and such at each other instead of more beam spam.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Which is a good shot, but from what I heard, even the mechanical designer said there are specifically no beam weapons and there were not going to happen. And I'm going over the Anime again and I do not see them unless the guns used by the ships are beam weaponry

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

AMA-X7 Shamblo

Pilot Mahdi Garvey

vs

5 GNX-603T GN-X

5 Federation Pilots

Battleground Dakar

Gundam fight

Set

GO!!
    Attached Images

Interesting, the GNXs are very maneuverabile but the Shamblo can fire in all directions thanks to the reflectors. I'll give it to Shamblo because it has the raw fire power

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    There's a problem with that: Nano Laminated Armor. Beams and even many swords are ineffective against it. And it's mentioned that the Gundam is also made of a special allow that may be equivalent to Gundanium. It is likely that GN weapons could also be completely useless against it. Just like how AGE mobile suits might able able to just wreck everything because D.O.D.S. rips through even the setting equivalent to an I-Field with ease. Different AUs have different tech, which makes match ups hard to determine and really unbalanced.

But yeah, GN weapons are still basically beam weapons and Nanon Laminated Armor specifically exists so that beam weapons are useless and just not used in IBO's setting. So my money is on Barbatos since the Exia would have to try to use the GN blade like a normal blade, and the pilot/Setsuna would probably be caught off guard by their GN weaponry just not doing squat against the Barbatos.
    How exactly.... are GN weapons still basically beam weapons? The physical ones I mean, like Exia's GN Sword. The wiki says they become pink (the particles) when in beam form, hence all ranged weapons shooting pinkish beams. I thought Exia's GN Sword worked differently.

Going to assume the previous battle is over, since it’s been two months since any new replies, and start the next one.

In the blue corner, we have Gundam Barbatos with the mace it had at the beginning of IBO’s 1st season, when it fought Crank. The Barbatos is piloted by Mika of course.

In the red corner, we have Master Asia without a mobile suit just as he was when he took down multiple Death Army units in Shinjuku early in G Gundam.

Battlefield is Shinjuku as seen in G Gundam.

Have fun.

Gundam Fight, Go!
    Sieg Zeon!

Administrator

Hmm, though Master Asia is one of my top favorite characters in all of Gundam. I'm gonna have to give this one to the Barbatos and Mika. Unlike the Dark Army grunts, the Barbatos is a lot faster and Mika is a lot smarter when it comes to combat. The Dark army usually won battles by sheer numbers. Not brute force or speed. Plus, they were grunt suits, not a Gundam. Master Asia would probably find that the Barbatos would be a lot harder to bring down than the grunts.

My vote: Barbatos
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Quick question: did you factor the setting (Shinjuku) into your assessment & response?

I ask because I didn’t see the setting of Shinjuku (as seen in G) mentioned in your response and because I specifically included that as the setting in order to give Master Asia some physical cover and thereby neutralize some of his obvious disadvantages being a mere (god)man fighting against a Mobile Suit; basically Barbatos’s speed and power advantages won’t do Mika much good if he doesn’t know where Master Asia is until the Undefeated of the East makes his move.

Also just for the people who couldn’t tell which side I was on simply by me making the match in the first place, I’m 100% on Master Asia’s side. Putting aside Master Asia’s godliness and my well-known dislike for pretty much everything about IBO (besides the ever awesome Gaelio), Mika is quite possibly the least competent and frankly dumbest Gundam protagonist to ever exist, with the possible exception of Kou Uraki (Shinn is not all that intelligent by Gundam protagonist standards either, but unlike Kou or Mika, he is an absolute beast in terms of piloting skill/competence). Without Orga around to give him orders, Mika is not all that much brighter than the Death Army. Similarly, while Barbatos is a pretty powerful MS in the IBO series, Mika himself is not particularly special as a pilot. Let’s not forget, he eventually died in combat against a loser villain/glorified grunt, despite having a beast of a mobile suit. Unsurprisingly, this was not long after his brain (Orga) was taken out.

Basically in my estimation, Mika and the environment are both factors which limit Barbatos’s effectiveness in this fight. Combine those limiting factors with Master Asia’s godliness, and the match is basically a squash match in my opinion.

That makes this match 1-1, any other opinions/votes?

Also I forgot to give an end date for this match when I made it, so let’s just have the match last until Sunday at which point anyone is free to start a new match.
    Sieg Zeon!

Going to give this one to Barbatos.

Master Asia never really showed any feats that would suggest beating more than a couple of Death Army grunts at a time, let alone a Gundam.

If we're talking S1 Barbatos and Mika then I will give it to Master Asia easily. Master Asia is to good of a pilot and Mika was getting man handled by good pilots but make it end of series Mika in Lupus Rex then it's the opposite

Master Asia for the win

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Seeing as this is the first Barbatos, I would have to go with Master Asia as well. The Barbatos only has the club, no range weapons. Everything has to be up close and personal. All Master Asia has to do is use his jumping and short range flight and he would be like a grasshopper in the grass, ever really try and catch one? Not as easy as one would think. The speed and maneuverability of Master Asia verse blunt force of Mika, the Barbatos will never even be able to touch him, let alone beat him. Then we have Master Asias attacks, mostly long range and that would force the Barbatos to constantly be on the defense. This would work in Master Asias favor, he could make the Barbatos move into the exact spot that he would need him and trap him for the killing blow. Master Asia is a gifted tactician, Mika really only has blunt force and rage, he needs to be told where to be and what to do. He never really showed the skill set of a battle field tactician. ............. But the winner is actually Batman! It's always Batman even when you don't see him it's always Batman.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
    Master Asia is to good of a pilot [...]
    Um, are you aware that this match-up is for Master Asia without his Mobile Suit?