Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 225 of 226 FirstFirst ... 125175215220221222223224225226 LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3380

Re: The true Battleground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    I will watch more Macross as soon as Harmony Gold dies and/or loses its stranglehold on Macross, and we can finally get the Macross franchise released in the US legally. It really is a crime that such an esteemed mecha anime franchise has had its international rights held hostage by a bunch of no talent real estate developers. Hopefully once Harmony Gold's various rights to Macross finally expire in 2021 and 2022 we will finally see the entire Macross franchise get the international release it so richly deserves.

On that note, I wish Bandai, as a sign of respect for their longtime rival, would just send the 1/1 Gundam (after it's completed obviously) to pay the greedy pricks at Harmony Gold a very threatening visit to speed up the process of setting Macross free on behalf of mecha anime fans everywhere...
    Or you could... you know, import. The Macross Delta Blu-Rays have English subtitles on them as standard. They did that as a "f@%k you" of sorts to Harmony Gold.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Nice to know that the Japanese BDs for Delta have English subtitles, but I'm still partial to the idea of sending a 60 ft mech to terrorize Harmony Gold. It would be even more satisfying if it was a life size Valkyrie doing the terrorizing.
    Sieg Zeon!

While I'll admit I'm only upto Zero in Macross (going though release order) I'd say it's some what of a toss up. It's a bit more even in space where MS are in their element, not to say VF's aren't but the MS stand a better chance there, if it goes into atmospheric combat though it's the VF's all the way, the Hyaku Shiki would be next to useless there and rely on the zeta as a basejabber making them one target more or less, meanwhile the Valks will be fine and dandy their since they're super planes.

So I'd give it to the valks personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    While I'll admit I'm only upto Zero in Macross (going though release order) I'd say it's some what of a toss up. It's a bit more even in space where MS are in their element, not to say VF's aren't but the MS stand a better chance there, if it goes into atmospheric combat though it's the VF's all the way, the Hyaku Shiki would be next to useless there and rely on the zeta as a basejabber making them one target more or less, meanwhile the Valks will be fine and dandy their since they're super planes.

So I'd give it to the valks personally.
    Battle has Char in the Delta Gundam not the Hyaku Shiki.
    Sieg Zeon!

Hmmm I guess that's what happens when I read things at 3AM.

Either way my opinion doesn't really shift too much, the advantage won't be as large but I still think I'll give it to the valks still albeit slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    I was hoping for more participation, but unfortunately it appears that there's either not much interest in this battle and/or (perhaps more likely) forum members here simply haven't seen Ideon and thus aren't familiar enough with the material to form an opinion.

Since it's been a week without any additional votes, I'm calling this battle 1-0, in favor of Ideon.
    This used to be the most popular thread but after the series of hacks a couple years back really chewed into the members that participated in this thread. Plus we may have burned every possible battle to the ground by now

EDIT - I don't mean to send the topic off the rails, just pointing out something I've noticed thats all
    Last edited by Psyco Diver; March 7, 2019 at 1:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
    This used to be the most popular thread but after the series of hacks a couple years back really chewed into the members that participated in this thread. Plus we may have burned every possible battle to the ground by now

EDIT - I don't mean to send the topic off the rails, just pointing out something I've noticed thats all
    No worries, though are you going to pitch in on the current battle? Plus, I wouldn't say even exhausted all possibilities for battles. Perhaps the next fight could feature someone from Thunderbolt.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Damn didn't realize macross tech was so interesting and well thought out. I only vaugly remember the series. Yavent seen it sense i was little. I think i need to revisit it.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    Damn didn't realize macross tech was so interesting and well thought out. I only vaugly remember the series. Yavent seen it sense i was little. I think i need to revisit it.
    It's probably the biggest advantage of having one Cheif designer/director over seeing it though out. Well minus Macross II.

Shoji Kawamori is awesome. In addition to Macross, he was also a mecha designer for Gundam 0083 (GP01/GP01FB and GP02A), to say nothing of all of the other work he has under his belt.
    Sieg Zeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    It's probably the biggest advantage of having one Cheif designer/director over seeing it though out. Well minus Macross II.
    It also helps that Shoji Kawamori's education background is that of an aerospace engineer.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Damn. Thats awesome.

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

This might be interesting to see this fight, a sniper duel. MS-05L Zaku I sniper piloted by Yonem Kirks vs. RGM-79SP GM Sniper II piloted by Master Pierce Rayer. Battleground, redwood forest with cloudy conditions and heavy Minovsky Particle interference. Weapons, Zaku I will be equipped with a 90mm sniper rifle over the beam sniper rifle, 105mm Zaku machine gun. GM, Franz EF-KAR98K 75mm Sniper Rifle standard issue for this suit, HWF GMG·MG79-90mm Bullpup Machine Gun as a sidearm, x2 beam sabers. Special equipment, camouflage nets to act as ghille suits. Range, 40 kilometers. Target location, unknown.
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

Since it has been over a week since the last post, I'm calling my battle a draw.

As for your battle RileyWarfield, ooooohhh that's a tough one. Let me get back to on this one.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

What is rayer from? I was gonna let my slight bias guide my vote but its more fun if i call it honestly. I may love Zeon MS but they do nothing but training and collect dust if there are no feddies to sling lead/plasma at.

Zaku on kova luu.