Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

exia-7 Gunpla projects

Just finished my RG Zaku II. Whew spent a good 4 hours straight putting it together (that's not including the previous hours I put in to take pieces off the runners and removing any nubs). Pretty satisfied with the final product... not satisfied with the some of the actual work. Those beads were a nightmare! Didn't put any of the decals on it minus the pink eye. Gonna wait and see if I decide to paint it or not.

zakuII.jpg
    zakuII2.jpg

Zaku II along with HGUC Geara Zulu Guards Type and RG Freedom Gundam

gundamgroup2.jpg

I can't help but notice that you didn't apply all of the Sleeve decals onto the Geara Zulu... is there a reason?
    Ali- Al Saachez is my hero.

Your Zaku II looks nice. Clean build that will make it easy to paint if you decide to later on. That's actually one of the reasons why I'll buy a kit again if I intend to re-visit for a paint job; the nub removal work I did on the first one is pretty meh, haha.

Also, is it just me, or does the Geara Zulu look taller than the Zaku II?
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Administrator
    I'd say that it is a lot taller. Considering is a newer age UC suit. And we all know that those newer UC suits are quite huge.

As for the Zaku, great work. Very clean and a nice build. I know what you mean on those hoses. My RG Zaku II Char Custom was the same way.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Looks nice, If it were mine I would paint it E.F.F colors like the one is Stardust Memories... but thats probably cause im a fan boy. Keep up the good work.. More pics of the Geara Zulu !

Quote Originally Posted by RuinedExia18 View Post
    I can't help but notice that you didn't apply all of the Sleeve decals onto the Geara Zulu... is there a reason?
    I didn't apply anything to the Geara Zulu minus the eye and scope of the rifle and bazooka. This is because they use the foil stickers. Ever since I built my RG Freedom with the rub on decals, I look at the foil stickers as low quality. Plus, applying the stickers to the chest armor leaves weird ridges and folds due to the raised detailing. I think I may paint it sometime in the future when I have time and money.

Thanks all. I will have more pics to come of my builds. Painting will come in the future and hopefully I can learn to tips and tricks from you guys for original painting as well as custom color painted kits.

@Dlinker... yea the Geara Zulu is taller by about an inch. He looks a lot bulkier too.

@thwalker13... Do you happen to have a problem with the Zaku's upper arm, close to the elbow joint? Everytime I bend the elbow, the back of that upper arm piece will slide and open up, and upon straightening the arm it slides back and closes. I'm not sure if it was designed that way or a flaw or mishap on my piecing it together.

Administrator
    Can't say that I did. I had more issues out of the feet than anything.

Yea the feet are a problem for me too. Can't get him to stand up straight or else he falls over backwards. So posing requires a lean forward. Fat Joe would not be proud of that lol

Finally finished my MG 1/100 Crossbone X1 ver ka. It was definitely a fun build even though I had some snags here and there. Just a straight up OOB build, paint and detail maybe in the future.

The cloak was quite troublesome. It was really hard to get the thing secured in place. It looks cool though once its situated
    photo 1.jpg

I tried to go for a breeze effect here, but didn't work out lol
    photo 2.jpg

cb4.jpg

cb5.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

This is the grapple hook gimmick. It doesn't bend or anything like in the manga. And it kinda looks.... awkward.
    photo 3.jpg

Excellent snap build. Clean and proper.

The hook cable really doesn't bend? Kinda surprising. I should check my X2 Ver. Ka and see if it's the same thing.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Super Moderator
    Yea they're pretty solid rods. I was thinking about trying to boiling them and reshaping mine, but then i realized i'll never use them.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Kit looks good, looks kinda small, thought it was a 1/144 at first. With some panel lining and a top coat it will look awesome. Good job

Administrator
    Great build man. Everything looks clean. Awesome work.