Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

00 Gundam - Tekkaman Style!

I’ve begun to notice, after building a bunch of mecha, that there are some mecha that look surprisingly like others, even those with which they share no common ground, or even common timeframe. One great example of this “chameleon act” is the 1/100 00 Gundam ! I got mine home and when I started to look at it, I noticed a frightening similarity to Tekkaman Blade! It turned out to be so strong that I was able to build the 00 as an homage to blade quite convincingly!

Check out the link above to see my first “look-alike” mech. I can tell you that it’s not going to be the last; there are a number of mecha in my stash that this “dress up” principle can be applied to very easily!

Administrator
    Really nice color scheme, I like the complementary of the yellow and red. Nice work man.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Color arrangement is indeed pretty and I love how the metallics are arranged (or at least it looks metallic). Simple, yet effective.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

A job well done. The panel lines are very clean and crisp. What method did you use to apply them?

Re: 00 Gundam - Tekkaman Style!

Thanks, guys!

I used the smallest size (0.5mm, I think) of Sakura calligraphy pen to put on the panel lines. The Sakura is smaller than a Gundammarker, and while it can smudge, it also seems to dry faster, at least over flat colours!

The pen is really easy to handle, has a great, controlled output, and fits into both 1/144 and 1/100 Gundam 'lines' very well. You can see it in use on any of my completed MS kits on my website. It's really nice when there are a lot of panel lines, because it's not as overhwelming as even the smallest Gundammarkers.

How am I not seeing this until now?! That's an awesome build!
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Maybe I'm stealthier than I think??

Thanks for the compliments!

If you do like Gundams looking like other things, then check out my EZ-8/Megatron as well!

Yeah I'm loving the colours on that too, nice work.
    Currently working on an MG GAT-X105E Strike Noir, to add to the collection below. See my progress here.