Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 63 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Movies

I figured we all watch movies at some point or another, so why not have a place for movie reviews?
    I'll start with my review of Red Riding Hood:

[attachment=0:239uc5yo]Red-Riding-Hood-movie-Poster.jpg[/attachment:239uc5yo]
    When I went to see Red Riding Hood, I wasn't expecting scariness. I was expecting a half decent movie worth my 8 dollar admission fee. I was not in shock to find it wasn't.

To start, the acting was bad and the dialog was even worse, an example of this would be "If you're the wolf, I'm gonna rip your head off", and it never really went with the time period it was supposed to be set in.
    The "blood" was clearly fake and highly unrealistic, and was detrimental to the horror part of the movie. The psychological part was even worse. You were never on the edge of your seat wondering who would die next. Now let's bring focus a little more on the horror aspect, since it tried and failed at that. A monster stays scary the less you see of it, and yet the producers/directors decided that you get see the wolf entirely only 30 some mins into the movie. "Yay, I know what the wolf looks like now so I won't be afraid of it anymore!!" Getting back on track, the plot twist at the end was a nice touch, but it was never hinted at and didn't really feel as shocking as it could've been. The actors all looked to be about the same age save for a few, which was kinda creepy given the fact that the mom looks to be the same age as the main character. The priest died randomly and without cause. The two "boys" and I say boys because that's what they acted like, were straight up twi-tard rip-offs and had almost no real conflict between each other, leaving more to be desired. There was no real character development and as such you never felt connected with them. "Oh, the sister died 20 mins in? Wait, she had a sister? No one told me this, how am I supposed to feel bad for her when no one even told me she had a sister?!"
    It was just a bad movie. I wasn't expecting scary, just something that is entertaining. Red Riding Hood was not that.
    1 zaku out of 5.
    Attached Images
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Re: Movies

Clearly it's terrible. Read the top. "Made by the same creators of Twilight". What could you expect from those numb skulls? They can't make a movie for shite. But I like your scoring thing, Zakus, heh heh, the best.
    (My brother and I watching 00)
    ZeonPeon: Why are the canisters on his knees? Why not on his back?
    SilverFrameAstray: Because, you can get shot in the back.
    ZeonPeon: YOU CAN GET SHOT IN THE KNEES!
    Then, laughter was had.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonPeon
    Clearly it's terrible. Read the top. "Made by the same creators of Twilight". What could you expect from those numb skulls? They can't make a movie for shite. But I like your scoring thing, Zakus, heh heh, the best.
    Agreed. Also, lawlz on the Zaku rating.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeonPeon
    Agreed. Also, lawlz on the Zaku rating.
    I agree with this line of thought as well. Seriously the "from the makers of twilight" part should have clued you in. Twilight = trash.

I was aware that the movie was done by twi-tards. But the girlfriend wanted to see it so I went in with an objective mindset, hoping that they would maybe make a decent enough movie for me to sit through lol. Obviously it wasn't even good enough for that.
    check me out on tumblr!!

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Well at least you with the girlfriend, so that makes up for something.
    (My brother and I watching 00)
    ZeonPeon: Why are the canisters on his knees? Why not on his back?
    SilverFrameAstray: Because, you can get shot in the back.
    ZeonPeon: YOU CAN GET SHOT IN THE KNEES!
    Then, laughter was had.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GNzaku0023
    I was aware that the movie was done by twi-tards. But the girlfriend wanted to see it so I went in with an objective mindset, hoping that they would maybe make a decent enough movie for me to sit through lol. Obviously it wasn't even good enough for that.
    I think its time to re-evaluate your relationship. J/k
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

While we're on the topic of movies, did anyone see Tron Legacy while it was out?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I did, and it was a very well done movie in my opinion.
    check me out on tumblr!!

Quote Originally Posted by GNzaku0023
    I did, and it was a very well done movie in my opinion.
    Indeed. The music, the special effects, the story had a few minor holes but overall 4 Zakus, out of 5 (Solid B)
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

It was a great soundtrack, and daft punk did an amazing job with it. I saw it in 3d and of course I had seen the original, and I was just blown away by it lol.
    check me out on tumblr!!

Administrator

Tron Legacy was pretty badass on it's own, and I've been a Daft Punk fan for years.

Oh damn, I just got an idea...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

DO NOT STEAL MY IDEA THAT I"VE HAD FOR AGES!!!!!!!!!!
    I know what your thinking Asterisk!!!!! IT's not cool man! I had that idea when the movie came out!!!!
    check me out on tumblr!!

Administrator

What, a Rinzler GM?

DAMN YOU TO HELL FOUL MAN FOR KNOWING MY THOUGHTS!!!!

lol jk jk, but seriously I was thinking of doing that to a GM type.
    check me out on tumblr!!