Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOLO

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by squeam View Post
    Oh, that looks gooood!!! Taylor Kitsch is a favorite unsung actor of mine. I'm officially on "John Carter" watch. Thanks for sharing, Zeta-G!
    "A Princess of Mars" is in the public domain for the US (the copyright expired) as are books 2, 3, & 4. You can download it from iBooks for free (and the Kindle store, as well, I think). Even more entries in the series are in the public domain for Europeans. "A Princess of Mars" was originally published as a serialized novel (meaning it came out part by part in a magazine), and the first part turns 100 years old in February 2012.

Take that Harry Potter and Twilight! (I am not implying that HP is anywhere near as bad as twilight; I just mean the following: does anyone think that either of them will still be getting adaptations 100 years after they were originally printed or that future works will still be copying them that far into the future? Because that's the difference between something that's an all-time classic and something that's just popular for the moment.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; July 17, 2011 at 6:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    "A Princess of Mars" is in the public domain for the US (the copyright expired) as are books 2, 3, & 4. You can download it from iBooks for free (and the Kindle store, as well, I think). Even more entries in the series are in the public domain for Europeans. Princess of Mars was originally published as a serialized novel (meaning it came out part by part in a magazine), and the first part turns 100 years old in February 2012.
    Sweet man!

Zeta-G
    I just checked, and both the iBooks and Kindle stores have "A Princess of Mars" available for $0. Seriously, there's no excuse for not reading this classic. I really can't wait to see the movie version.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; July 17, 2011 at 6:08 PM.

if its as good as you claim it is likewise!!

BTW: how good are you with your gundam know how and i mean KNOW

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
    . . . BTW: how good are you with your gundam know how and i mean KNOW
    What do you mean?

Well if you havnt heard from Squeam or GNZ i started my own group. Called the Gundam Brotherhood. and i thought you might be interested. if you want to know more, look up the Q&A or just to the Groups page.

Zeta-G
    Well if you havnt heard from Squeam or GNZ i started my own group. Called the Gundam Brotherhood. and i thought you might be interested. if you want to know more, look up the Q&A or just to the Groups page.
    I saw the thread. This isn't really the thread to discuss it in though.

As for John Carter, its source material is a book released via pulp magazine, and I mean that in the best possible way. If Disney doesn't mess up the first movie, they will have a shiny new blockbuster film franchise.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; July 17, 2011 at 7:25 PM.

on the first thing: my bad
    on the carter movie: hells yes we must have a block buster and lets hope those bloodsuckers at Disney dont blow this one to kingdom come!
    Last edited by Kenico; July 19, 2011 at 7:24 AM.

Zeta-G
    Just got back from seeing Captain America. Best Marvel movie since Iron Man. Stay past the credits, because, after the usual post credits scene, there's a full honest to goodness trailer for the Avengers, and it kicks serious ass.

Awesome! So want to see this movie.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Just saw the John carter Trailer, (the one provided on this forum was messin up my systems) and fellas, it was awesome! the only thing that would really get me rilled up on steampunk films even more is if they announced the production of an Edge Chronicles film series.

Super Moderator
    Just saw the John carter Trailer, (the one provided on this forum was messin up my systems) and fellas, it was awesome! the only thing that would really get me rilled up on steampunk films even more is if they announced the production of an Edge Chronicles film series.
    If you enjoy steampunk, Asterisk and ZeonPeon are your man.

I'm much more DieselPunk.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

What is Diesel punk? is that like Noir with victorian asthetic?

Super Moderator
    It's like an band fronted by John Riggins that plays short, anit-government songs.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"