Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    Am I the only one who hates all things Harry Potter?
    I believe so yes.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray View Post
    I believe so yes.
    Ha ha. I meant on this forum. In the real world, I know a few others who can't stand it.

Super Moderator
    Well Understandably, and my response kept the forum limitation in mind.

I don't really care who likes it or hates it. I enjoy it, I saw it opening night, and I said it was pretty glorious.

Super Moderator
    I have to say I do not care to watch/read anything involving Harry Potter. Just not my thing.

I'm also not feeling the Captain America movie. I love Marvel Comics and Chris Evans has talent, but Cap has never been a character that interests me. The only thing I like about the movie is Sam Neill.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Super Moderator
    Previews for The Dark Knight: Rises is out. It's so crazy. Whatsits from Inception, the guy who plays Eames, is Bane. It's crazy.

Really?! where do i find it?

Finally got to see Cars 2 yesterday. Not as charming as the first one (and surprisingly way more violent), but still a lot of fun.
    I was led astray by bad directions.

@Skittles: whats youre take on the new Pixar film "brave"? to me its either genuine or its a way of cleaning up the mess that was cars 2 or so says some of my soures. me i actually enjoyed it despite of the complaints you yourself have stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
    @Skittles: whats youre take on the new Pixar film "brave"? to me its either genuine or its a way of cleaning up the mess that was cars 2 or so says some of my soures. me i actually enjoyed it despite of the complaints you yourself have stated.
    Ah... they didn't show the preview for it before the 2-D version of Cars 2, so this is the first I've heard of it! Looks interesting, though.

As for Cars 2, the change in tone was just so radical that for the entire beginning sequence, I was just kinda sitting there stunned. Still lotsa good parts, but I'm not really a fan of Mater. I didn't realize the whole movie would basically be 'And Mater Does Dumb Things Around The World (While No One Else Gets Characterization)'.
    I was led astray by bad directions.

Actorwise Dan Whitney is no Bruce Cambell, but he is one of my fav comedians

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    As for Cars 2, the change in tone was just so radical that for the entire beginning sequence, I was just kinda sitting there stunned. Still lotsa good parts, but I'm not really a fan of Mater. I didn't realize the whole movie would basically be 'And Mater Does Dumb Things Around The World (While No One Else Gets Characterization)'.
    You took all the words right outta my mouth!! I wasn't the biggest fans of "Cars" (eventhough I love automobile-dom about as much as I love Gundam) and "Cars 2" took everything I hated and expanded on it; and took everything I liked and killed it. Blah, Pixar, blah.

Zeta-G
    Speaking of Pixar, they let Disney borrow one of their directors to make a live action adaptation of the classic science fiction book, "A Princess of Mars"* called John Carter. It's set for a 2012 release. With Willem Dafoe and a bunch of the actors from Rome, they certainly have the talent to pull it off, assuming the mouse doesn't force them to neuter it.
    *For those of you not in the know, "A Princess of Mars" is the first book in Tarzan creator's Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom series. The series was basically the template for modern science fiction. It also got a shout out from Carl Sagan on Cosmos.

Trailer
    Last edited by Zeta-G; July 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    they certainly have the talent to pull it off, assuming the mouse doesn't force them to neuter it.
    WTF? what does that even mean?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator
    Oh, that looks gooood!!! Taylor Kitsch is a favorite unsung actor of mine. I'm officially on "John Carter" watch. Thanks for sharing, Zeta-G!

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
    WTF? what does that even mean?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The mouse = Disney.