0 0%
  • 4. Neo Grade

4 20.00%
  • 5. Other (See Comments)

1 5.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zeta-G

Ranking System - Final Adjustments

M1ck3y asked me to set up this thread using the baseline we established in an earlier thread. Members will have a few days to suggest any final adjustments for the ranks.
    Here's the list as it stands:

For Members: No Grade < First Grade < Speed Grade < High Grade < Real Grade < Master Grade < Perfect Grade < Custom Title

For Mods: see poll (choices arranged alphabetically)

We want your input. So please participate!
    Last edited by Zeta-G; December 13, 2011 at 4:15 AM. Reason: Found earlier thread; added link.

Re: Ranking System - Final Adjustments

I think this sounds awesome.
    No joke is appropriate. That’s why it’s a joke.

Super Moderator

I like this, but why would we everyone get a custom title (after PG) if mods get one?

Regardless. Custom is best, you can name yourself a coordinator.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray
    I like this, but why would we everyone get a custom title (after PG) if mods get one?

I thought of voting Custom, but I believe that mods sharing a rank helps to confirm who is a mod as opposed to who isn't (there are people who are color blind/visually impaired after all).
    It should also be noted that, while the poll was open, people were allowed to change their vote (as in virtually all of my polls); I left that little bit in there, in case people changed their mind or wanted to switch to their second choice in the event that their first choice was losing.
    In any case, assuming M1ck3y follows my suggestions regarding post counts required for ranks, we won't be seeing anyone with a custom rank (or any of the higher end ranks) for a good long while. Before anyone asks about post count requirements, be aware that I suggested to M1ck3y that we keep the actual post count requirements hidden as a way to discourage post-count/ranking whores from trying to boost their ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G

I thought of voting Custom, but I believe that mods sharing a rank helps to confirm who is a mod as opposed to who isn't (there are people who are color blind/visually impaired after all).
    It should also be noted that, while the poll was open, people were allowed to change their vote (as in virtually all of my polls); I left that little bit in there, in case people changed their mind or wanted to switch to their second choice in the event that their first choice was losing.
    In any case, assuming M1ck3y follows my suggestions regarding post counts required for ranks, we won't be seeing anyone with a custom rank (or any of the higher end ranks) for a good long while. Before anyone asks about post count requirements, be aware that I suggested to M1ck3y that we keep the actual post count requirements hidden as a way to discourage post-count/ranking whores from trying to boost their ranks.
    I am in much agreement with this.
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Super Moderator

Too right mate. I was just wondering, but does this still mean that regular members can still make a custom class after PG? I'm sure it's all set in stone, but just asking.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Zeta-G

Too right mate. I was just wondering, but does this still mean that regular members can still make a custom class after PG? I'm sure it's all set in stone, but just asking.
    It should. M1ck3y just has to code the ranks in for the Naturals.

Zeta-G
    I must ask whatever happened to implementing this ranking system; the members (at the time at least) liked it. It seemed all set to go, then m1ck3y went on hiatus for a month or so, members engaged in a very heated argument, I ultimately left (and resigned from being a mod), and then nothing further seems to have happened with it. Did implementing it get lost in the move?

Administrator
    Yeah I think it did get lost. We're all about ready to implement the system, just trying to figure out post counts. Hopefully we'll have it all go in a week or so.

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ck3y View Post
    Yeah I think it did get lost. We're all about ready to implement the system, just trying to figure out post counts. Hopefully we'll have it all go in a week or so.
    Do you still have my suggestions for post count requirements?

Ima little slow here concerning this matter and yes ive read the whole thread and im still confused, what exactly is this Ranking system gonna look like pray tell?

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
    Ima little slow here concerning this matter and yes ive read the whole thread and im still confused, what exactly is this Ranking system gonna look like pray tell?
    See first post (assuming they didn't change it after I stepped down).

Administrator
    Yes we do, I'll make sure we get on this right away, I really want some gundam themed rankings ASAP.

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ck3y View Post
    Yes we do, I'll make sure we get on this right away, I really want some gundam themed rankings ASAP.
    Are you referring to my post count suggestions (I had already sent another copy, just in case)?

Edit: just got a PM. He received my list.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; September 1, 2011 at 2:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    M1ck3y asked me to set up this thread using the baseline we established in an earlier thread. Members will have a few days to suggest any final adjustments for the ranks.
    Here's the list as it stands:

For Members: No Grade < First Grade < Speed Grade < High Grade < Real Grade < Master Grade < Perfect Grade < Custom Title

For Mods: see poll (choices arranged alphabetically)

We want your input. So please participate!
    Is this the List you're talking about?
    Last edited by Kenico; September 1, 2011 at 2:54 AM.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak