Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 400 of 402 FirstFirst ... 300350390395396397398399400401402 LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 6018

Re: Latest Kit Acquisitions!

I already built the Intercept and loved that body style. So I had to get the Guard after that!
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ronové View Post
    Not Gundam kits today sadly, but I did get the last two of the Aura Battler model kits for my collection - the Wryneck and the Leprechaun.
    I wish Bandai would make some new ones, (especially since the Robot Damashii are apparently doing well) I'd buy them all again in a heartbeat. <3
    A fellow Dunbine fan, I see. I definitely agree with you when you say you wish Bandai would make some new Dunbine kits. Would've thought they'd have made a MG Billbine (or R3 Billbine when R3 was still a thing) back in the day to complement the MG Dunbine at the very least. I would definitely be interested in some new Dunbine kits though, regardless of form, be it HG, RE/100, RG, MG, or even SD. Sadly, we'll probably be waiting a very long time before we get any new Dunbine kits, if ever.
    Sieg Zeon!

Here's my haul for the day:

I'll be building these over the next couple of weeks. I'll also need to move a few kits around this cubicle to fit them in.

Nope. Just need a new shelf, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Plamobot View Post
    Nope. Just need a new shelf, that's all.
    And here is the first one:

Since this is the bulkiest kit of the haul, I went ahead and snapped this one together first as this will take the most space out of the three kits. I went ahead and applied some color apps on the Clay Bazooka and Beam Rifle to match with the rest of the kit because the color separation on the HG Dijeh is impressive. Honestly, I agreed with you Plamobot...I thought that I would need a new shelf, but lo and behold:

IT STILL FITS!!! HAHAHAHA!

I even found enough room to place the Zaku II Red Comet Ver. standing beside the Qubeley Mass Production Type, and the Hyaku Shiki standing right below the Sazabi...or vice versa. I can make this work!

On a side note, I also recolored the Sazabi's shotgun to match with the RG.
    Last edited by mythos-018; May 31, 2019 at 2:29 PM.

Well, first thing I've gotten in bit. This was my luck from the Jojo Hobby n Stuff A Baoa Qu loot box for May, which was also my first try at rolling the dice with them to see what I'd get.

Aaaaaaand....I'm calling it the "Meh" box. This is kinda underwhelming compared to the other stuff from this month (like the RGs and the MSG option parts/weapons, IMHO), or maybe it's just because this makes my 6th or 7th Origins Zaku kit. Kinda sad that I'd rather had a Build Divers kit with a slab of pla-plate?

But I guess it's a cool stand? I mean it retails for $18-$20, so that makes it cool, right?

Meh.

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

My Gunpla Blog - http://eastkygunpla.com/

My WIPs - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...8-Urban-s-WIPs

My Completed Kits - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...-Sniper-s-Hide

It's a Char Zaku. Of course it's cool.

The next kit I built was this:

While putting the kit together, I was already amazed at how much articulation the individual parts have. Accessory-wise, this thing packs a wallop...and then some.

Then I figured, alright, let's play with the kit and put it into some poses:

Dual-wielding machine guns: check.

Holding the bazooka with two hands while looking straight down the sights: check.

Sniping while standing or kneeling and looking straight down the scope: check.

Filled-to-the-brim poses: check.

Seriously...whatever pose you want to pull off with this thing, it can.

And the best part is that it doesn't take too much space at all. It fits in the cubicle in my shelf quite nicely. I've already moved the leg of the HG Sazabi to make room for the HGUC Hyaku Shiki Revive for next week. I'm pretty sure that will fit in there without any problems as well.

The build was really intuitive. All of the parts came together excellently. The details on the plastic parts really stand out, with the only real work required being the use of a gray panel line marker to detail up the parts that should rightfully be gray. These include the two thrusters on top of the backpack, the area underneath the shoulder-mounted shield on the right arm, the chest vulcans, the chest vents and the areas below the calves (not sure if those are thrusters as well). I also modified the drum-fed machine gun so that it can be wielded by the left hand. This was a proper choice for me since the anti-ship rifle, the bazooka and the belt-fed machine gun can only be equipped on the right trigger finger.

The most daunting part of the build was applying the stickers. This is optional, in my opinion, but that probably took more time than building the kit itself. It was still worth it considering everything that the kit can do, though. I used ALL of the stickers on the sheet...even #17 which originally had no place on the kit, but then I decided to place it on the left thigh. There is also that "wing" sticker that went over its right chestplate. Some of them would even hide those very noticeable nubmarks, like the ones found on the wrists. This was an intricate experience, with my previously built HGUC Dijeh barely able to hold a candle to this kit. Now I'm wondering how the HGUC Hyaku Shiki Revive would fare...Still, I am so glad I waited 18 years before I built my FIRST HG Zaku.

Where are its MIP-B6 Cracker Grenades, though? Well, Char never used them, but I was hoping that they would come with this kit.

- - - Updated - - -

I am SO gonna get this in a diorama now
    Last edited by mythos-018; June 7, 2019 at 8:57 PM.

DO IT!!!
    (make the diorama)
    Sieg Zeon!

Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

Picked these up over the weekend; was surprised to find the Guren at the Hobby Town; also discovered that they had a massive supply of gunpla in stock; they were taking up one whole shelf (packed standing upright, 3 shelves tall), as well as some of the larger kits on the other side. The supply of car models and gunpla have basically inverted over the last year or so, lol.

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

Forgot I had this pre-ordered, came home to a nice surprise
    All my latest work can also be seen on my Instagram (Gundam and Non-Gundam) https://www.instagram.com/jquintel2002/

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSniper View Post
    Picked these up over the weekend; was surprised to find the Guren at the Hobby Town; also discovered that they had a massive supply of gunpla in stock; they were taking up one whole shelf (packed standing upright, 3 shelves tall), as well as some of the larger kits on the other side. The supply of car models and gunpla have basically inverted over the last year or so, lol.

Oooh...A Code Geass kit! The Guren, too. I've been seeing those around lately as well. Question, though. When built, are they 5-6 inches tall as well? Like, are they comparable to the the standard HG 1/144 Gunpla scale?

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, I'll be building this now.

More images when I'm done. Enjoy your weekend!

- - - Updated - - -

HGUC Hyaku Shiki Revive:

Not a bad build at all. The main body including the arms and legs are rock-solid. My gripe is with the wings. Their connection to the backpack is quite flimsy, and they always collide with the bazooka whether it is held over the shoulder or under the arm.

Another impressive thing here is how all of the parts in the runners are used. There are almost no leftover parts or polycaps. The only polycap that isn't used is the neck joint. The color separation is extremely good, too. I didn't even bother to use the stickers for the red accents on the shoulders.

No problems posing this kit on the ground or in the air. Fully capable of unassisted kneeling as expected.

And with that, this cubicle is fully saturated.

My shelf is, too. 18 years, 69 kits in 1/144 scale. 70 if you count that Iron Man figure there. I just placed it on the shelf since there is no room anywhere else.

The only cubicle with vacancies now is this one, which can accommodate two more kits. I've decided to wait for Bandai's upcoming series and wait for two AU Gundams that I find appealing...whenever they decide to release them.

Quote Originally Posted by mythos-018 View Post
    Oooh...A Code Geass kit! The Guren, too. I've been seeing those around lately as well. Question, though. When built, are they 5-6 inches tall as well? Like, are they comparable to the the standard HG 1/144 Gunpla scale?
    I think it's roughly comparable to a high grade in size based on what few reviews I've managed to find that are watchable (10 years is a long time in the Youtube world, lol). It's got one of those little generic bases Bandai throws in sometimes (like the one in one of your Hyaku Shiki pics), and from what I've seen it looks about the same size. If I manage to get it built fairly soon, I'll try to let you know with some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSniper View Post
    I think it's roughly comparable to a high grade in size based on what few reviews I've managed to find that are watchable (10 years is a long time in the Youtube world, lol). It's got one of those little generic bases Bandai throws in sometimes (like the one in one of your Hyaku Shiki pics), and from what I've seen it looks about the same size. If I manage to get it built fairly soon, I'll try to let you know with some pics.
    Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to your images