Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 357 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Latest Kit Acquisitions!

I can't seem to find it anywhere. Did it get deleted?

Super Moderator
    Seems to have been. Yeah, that was probably me. I am out of practice...oh well, time to create a new one!

::edit:: Renamed this thread...it's like it never happened *waves hand in a Jedi-like motion*. Massive apologies to everyone for my being terrible.
    Last edited by squeam; June 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM. Reason: "fixed", I guess
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Administrator
    Seems like this new thread has kinda died. Time to kick off. Got these lovely items in the mail yesterday.

"Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

I think this thread needs to be stickied so we can find it easier.

I don't have pics, but some more Koto weapons arrived a few days ago, this time the Long Rifle set that came with a big axe and the handguns set.

Also, my 1/72 VF-1A/S Valkyrie from HLJ along with its Super Parts shipped out some days ago.

Got a notification from Nippon-Yasan that they shipped my Limited Edition MG Crossbone Ver. Ka some days ago as well.

Paid SAL so I probably won't see them until the end of the month.

Last one isn't a kit, but it's related to kits: My Badger Patriot and its quick-disconnect adapter should be here today.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post

Got a notification from Nippon-Yasan that they shipped my Limited Edition MG Crossbone Ver. Ka some days ago as well.

Paid SAL so I probably won't see them until the end of the month.
    Don't be too sure. It took SAL 10 business days to deliver my HG Graham Aker's Custom Flag 1/144 from Korea to my mail (yes, not customs but mail) whereas FedEx required 2 weeks even to get it past the customs. Ultimately, I received the package after 3 weeks of waiting.
    Anime is for kids

Three weeks sounds normal for SAL. It usually takes longer for us in the States because they get held up in a sorting facility (either NY or LA for mine). After that, it's just two or three days until I get the inevitable pink slip from the post office saying I have to pick up the package from their cave.

Hopefully it's the case for my deliveries. It's about one week now since shipping so I gots more waiting to do.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Pre-ordered this beauty on HLJ yesterday

Anime is for kids

Administrator
    You lucky duck. I want that kit so badly. But I have to much in my back log already.

Super Moderator
    Went to Gundam Planet today. Really only wanted to buy a few pots of paint, owner commissioned me to build/paint him these hangers... I think i'm going to loose it from all of this repetition. Most of the paint was taken for this. Also he gave me a Cannon Tortoise for my bday. XD The other box is the lighting parts for the hangers.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

@Squee, wow, that's a healthy number of hangars to do. At least you got a Cannon Tortoise out of it, haha.

My Crossbone X2 Ver. Ka arrived yesterday:

20130706_103544.jpg

Very surprised it came with waterslides. I thought it would come with dry transfers like the X1 kit since it's essentially a repaint with an extra set of runners for the lance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    @Squee, wow, that's a healthy number of hangars to do. At least you got a Cannon Tortoise out of it, haha.

My Crossbone X2 Ver. Ka arrived yesterday:

20130706_103544.jpg

Very surprised it came with waterslides. I thought it would come with dry transfers like the X1 kit since it's essentially a repaint with an extra set of runners for the lance.
    Wow, just a re-molded version of the X1?
    Oh god, how overpriced.
    Still a neat kit you've got there!
    Anime is for kids

Administrator
    Yeah I was rather surprised that the Crossbone X2 was a remold. I thought that I was a whole new kit. However, it is a really cool looking kit. That cloth looks really cool.

I agree, it's pretty darn pricey considering you don't really get much in addition, but since I didn't get the X1 before, I figured it was worth it for me

The cloth reminds me of the cloth used for cleaning lenses... Kinda tempted to try out the cloak piece on it from my DOTM Voyager Megatron, haha.

Administrator
    Yeah not having a X1 would for sure make it more appealing. However I'm not a huge fan of the "Space Pirate" thing. So It's not really the kit for me.

Super Moderator
    Its general bandai practice. Look at what they did w/ the Tallgeese 2, almost 40 more for a new head, and some waterslide decals. With the x2, at least they used the used the plates from the full clothe kit so you get the extra beam effects, a new head, the shot lance, and a nice set of waterslides.

@Dlinker: The tortoise isn't my payment, it was just a bday present the owner gave me. Really awesome guy who loves to support this hobby. I don't know what i'm going to take for building the hangers. XD

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.