Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    That is true, but you can still easily abuse the system. Someone could have multiple accounts and computers to keep on voting for a specific logo. Of course, this is all just speculation.
    It seems now the person noticed us talking about what he/she is doing... but still. I think the damage is done.

Administrator
    Don't worry everyone, I'm not going to let this decision be made by someone scamming the system. I'm going to try and delete the repeat votes but if that doesn't work I'll find a more secure way to host this contest. It's really unfortunate but at least one person is definitely scamming the system.

Stay tuned for an update.

Super Moderator
    Is there anyway to change it so that when you click a vote, you can't vote again. I kept clicking the same posts a few times as i was viewing each randomly. :/

Administrator
    I'm not sure, honestly I thought my code would keep this from happening. It's supposed to allow you to change your vote. Like you can rate one with 1 star and then change it to 5 but that doesn't change the number of votes. It does appear someone is hacking the system but they are doing it from legitimately different IP addresses so I'm not sure what to do. If I can't fix it I'm going to just have everyone email me their favorite with the e-mail address they used to sign up for the forums. Stay tuned and I'll update you all as soon as it's fixed or I have a plan. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am currently living in a room with a moose.
    I agree with Red in that the best icons are not getting what they deserve while (don't hurt me) some of the lower quality images have high ratings. I don't know who or what is causing this though. I say this out of pure concern that the forums will end with blatantly a crappy icon.

its not hard to see. the highest voted logo and the wing zero face logo and (i suspect the kyrios logo) is made by the same person. same font, same italic(with little variation), same image quality (extremely pixelated and squished out of original aspect ratio)
    Last edited by jinjinweiwei; November 13, 2011 at 7:24 PM.

Administrator
    I know, and your both right.

Don't worry, voting scams will not decide the fate of the forums logo. I'm trying to see if I can automatically correct the issue and if I can not, I'll just think of a new way to do this. I just thought it would be awesome for you guys to have a snazzy looking website to vote on, but I didn't think people would be so eager to crack the system. I will fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ck3y View Post
    I know, and your both right.

Don't worry, voting scams will not decide the fate of the forums logo. I'm trying to see if I can automatically correct the issue and if I can not, I'll just think of a new way to do this. I just thought it would be awesome for you guys to have a snazzy looking website to vote on, but I didn't think people would be so eager to crack the system. I will fix this.
    Hey m1ck3y it was a totally awesome idea you came up with so props for that! It's just that there is always something unexpected.

Yeah it's not your fault. I'm just glad that others had noticed this problem as well.
    So A Baoa Qu basically involved a bunch of Jims taking on John's Zacks and Dons. IN SPACE.

well the spamming has slowed but it's still obvious and the email idea is good but that would mean sorting through endless amount of email for m1ck3y and of course the multiple accounts thing will still be a possibility

if things don't work out. I'd make a logo for the forum without any reward.