Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 116 1234561151101 ... LastLast

What are you currently watching/reading?

So I thought I'd create a thread where we can discuss what's up with our latest interests so we can find mutual interests through sharing what we're currently reading and/or watching.

So well, this is a Gundam forum, and I'm still trying to slowly finish Destiny, painfully, which isn't that bad, really *cough*.

Other interests at the moment, I'm reading Saint Seiya, one of the 80s Shonen manga that wasn't so popular in the west.
    I've watched Knights of the Zodiac, which I loved, but this was years back, so reading the manga to something like this is nostalgic, and I'm kind of happy to indulge in this again.

What's currently on your list/mind/shelf?

I just started watching the original Space Battleship Yamato series as far as Anime goes. I've been watching the 1970's Japanese Spiderman (Supaidaman) which is awful yet hilarious. It's like the 60's Batman campiness mixed with Power Rangers or something to that effect. Spiderman fights off giant monsters in his mecha, Leopardon. Oh yeah, his arch enemy is named Dr. Monster which I find funny. The battle always ends with him shooting his sword (yes, Spiderman fights with a sword wielding mecha) at the giant monster and blowing him up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-...i_TV_series%29
    I just finished reading the RaXephon manga and started 7 Billion Needles. Too much Anime/Manga/Models, too little time.
    Last edited by Brotzmann; June 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM.

I am currently living in a room with a moose.
    I am in the middle of watching Deathnote, Trigun, and MSZG I am also reading Naruto as it releases

I read Naruto and Bleach every week they come out. I used to read a couple other mangas regularly, but lack of time and boredom caused me to stop. I am thinking about giving up on Bleach too, because of how terrible the recent chapters have been; the author is clearly pulling shit outta of his ass to keep the story going, Dragon Ball GT-Style, the greedy bastard. On the other hand Naruto is amazing, and just keeps getting better and better, which is surprising considering how long its been around. Its author has done an incredible job in keeping the story and characters fresh and interesting, and I believe it should go in history as one of the greatest mangas ever.

In the meanwhile, I have been watching a lot of anime lately, due to most of the TV shows I watch being on summer hiatus, such as Parks and Rec, Community, and Lost Girl, as well as the fact that Spring semester is over for me (Summer semester starts in just 2 weeks though ). I am currently rewatching Gundam Wing, Code Lyoko, Gun X Sword, and Durarara, as well as watching 11 eyes for the first time. So far, it is a interesting, albeit weird series. I am also watching many of my old WWE and TNA pro wrestling DVD's and VHS's. That's right, I still have VHS's and a VCR. In fact, that's how I am watching Gundam Wing. I got the entire series on VHS.

Super Moderator
    Catching up on the tv show Bones.

For anime, i'm watching Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet and Attack on Titan.

Currently reading Xenocide from the Ender series.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Watching Turn A at the moment and in between that is a bit of Gundam X.

In terms of reading, I'm actually re-reading Eyeshield 21 again to remind myself why I love that manga so darn much.

Do regular books count? If so, I'm still in a sci-fi binge after finishing Joe Halderman's Forever War and Forever Peace. I don't want to finish the last one yet so I'm side-tracking with the Ender's Game series, starting with First Meetings. Prior to that was a Fantasy binge with Brandon Sanderson's stuff.

It's amazing how much you can read in 30 minutes a day.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Cowboy Bebop, Pokemon B/W, thinking I'll watch another Gundam Series after Cowboy Bebop.
    Grunt Mobile Suits FTW!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    Catching up on the tv show Bones.

For anime, i'm watching Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet and Attack on Titan.

Currently reading Xenocide from the Ender series.
    Gargantia and Attack on Titan, check. Fixing to read the whole Ender series before the movie?

I'm currently watching Valvrave and Majestic Prince.

Valvrave and Gargantia. But I think I'll finish up season 1 of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san too.

I'm watching Transformers prime and that's about it. lol And the japanese spiderman show thing is funny. Spider man operating a mech is just priceless.

My brother and I are currently watching darker than Black and loving it. Two weeks vack, we watched Zoids Chaotic century, and next week will be Zoids Genesis/Fuzors and then New Century Zero. After that will be Death Note. This is our whole summer, we can only watch from about 8:00 PM until Midnight on weeknights, we've both got busy jobs.
    Ali- Al Saachez is my hero.

I'd be watching Fist of the North Star on YouTube if all the episodes hadn't been deleted. :C

Well, time to commence viewing Gundam Age.
    Anime is for kids

Quote Originally Posted by Deathscythe! View Post
    Well, time to commence viewing Gundam Age.
    Be prepared for mediocre to below-mediocre episodes.

Just finished Mystrious Girlfriend X, beginning Polar Bear Cafe this week.

JB