Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
    Thank you for your thoughts. And yes, I'll stay away from the fans, as I always have. My sister is a huge fan of 00 and Code Geass, but isn't biased based on other things. I was thinking of Valvrave as another candidate to watch, but passed and saved it for a later date.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

I will warn you about Valvrave, it is a good show, but there is something that happens in the latter half of the first season that you will probably be upset by. If you want the details I'm sure you can search it out online, but I won't post it here for various reasons.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

I think I know what you're talking about, and that is one of the main reasons why I knocked it out of my "Must Watch" list.

I like CG alot, the first season it near perfect, the second season has a few hiccups but the ending was one of the best in my opinion

Just finished watching all of Zeta, this was the third time I have tried to watch the show, and the first time I made it past the first few episodes.

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

..... seriously? It took you three tries to watch Zeta Gundam.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Yep. Over the course of like 4 years (I think thats how long ago I bought the dvds). I honestly can't stand mainline UC. I forced myself to watch all of 0079 a couple months ago, had to do the same with the start of Zeta. It got more bearable after getting a ways in, but still not my thing. I have to shake my head at the ending. Before anyone asks, I hate Char, and Amuro both. For all their song, and dance posturing, they both go back to the same old crap, even after all the, we've gotten over it, grown past it crap in Zeta. Then in the course of time from then to CCA, we're back at end of 0079 all over again. Thus leaving the question, why didn't they just kill each other at the end of 0079, or when they first see each other in Zeta, and get it overwith.

I have finished 0080 and am now watching Zeta. 0080 was a nice, upbeat series... at the beginning. The ending is not the happiest. I'm actually digging Zeta. The Titans are insufferable bullies, but other than that, I'm enjoying it a lot more than 0079.

0080 puts the Tomino back into the side stories lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon View Post
    Yep. Over the course of like 4 years (I think thats how long ago I bought the dvds). I honestly can't stand mainline UC. I forced myself to watch all of 0079 a couple months ago, had to do the same with the start of Zeta. It got more bearable after getting a ways in, but still not my thing. I have to shake my head at the ending. Before anyone asks, I hate Char, and Amuro both. For all their song, and dance posturing, they both go back to the same old crap, even after all the, we've gotten over it, grown past it crap in Zeta. Then in the course of time from then to CCA, we're back at end of 0079 all over again. Thus leaving the question, why didn't they just kill each other at the end of 0079, or when they first see each other in Zeta, and get it overwith.
    The thing with the Amuro and Char rivalry is that Lalah Sune is the center of the conflict. Amuro by Zeta was able to move past Lalah's death and move on. Char, while able to move on after Lalah's death, could not forgive Amuro for killing her. In reality, the Second Neo Zeon War was just a way for Char to get back at Amuro. There's also a scene from Sega Dreamcast game of Zeta Gundam that shows that after Kamille's mind had been shattered that Char completely lost faith in humanity and thus resolved to get back Amuro while ushering in a Newtype era.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

And what was Tomino smoking at the start of ZZ? 4 episodes in, and I have cringed several times already.

Yeah, the first few episodes of ZZ are a little awkward if you're coming out of the drama intense Zeta Gundam. Tomino's usually formula fro shows back then was to air a drama, then follow it up with a comedy. Don't worry though, if you stick through until about episode 20 it will then start to feel more like Zeta.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

might as well ask here: from what show are the bots from this vid? Might watch the show where they're from.
    Also where I can I find a full version of the song?
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

Quote Originally Posted by Lacus Prime View Post

might as well ask here: from what show are the bots from this vid? Might watch the show where they're from.
    Also where I can I find a full version of the song?
    My reaction: OMFFG, those are Transformers!

Is this show aimed for boys or girls? It seems like one of those shows that has ridiculously cute girls that boys (and men) find appealing in many ways.

Doesn't seem bad though. Back to your question, I have no idea where those robots are from, but their facial expressions look like Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Starlord View Post
    My reaction: OMFFG, those are Transformers!

Is this show aimed for boys or girls? It seems like one of those shows that has ridiculously cute girls that boys (and men) find appealing in many ways.

Doesn't seem bad though. Back to your question, I have no idea where those robots are from, but their facial expressions look like Transformers.
    Vividred Operation is aimed mainly for males. It has good character design, but that's the only real thing going for it- story is very simple, not much plot twists. Oh, and it has fanservice. Mainly butt shots (man, the minions from despicable me will love this show). Nevertheless, I admit that I enjoyed it
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/