Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 7 of 121 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
    I marathoned Vandread this weekend, good mech series, funny and enjoyable. It does have its annoying moments but its easy to over look.

I'm actually rewatching old episodes of Red vs Blue. Seasons 1 - 5 were hilarious. Then season 6 came and everything changed.
    Last edited by Zeta; November 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon View Post
    You may be in for a treat, you may be in for disappointment. Wing, while one of the highest rated Gundam shows for US fans, loses something as people get older. Here's hoping you enjoy it. And all the while remember this, and laugh, the guy who did Heero's voice in english didn't want to be type cast after wing, so he went on to obscurity, voicing Ken in Barbie movies HAHAHAHA!
    It's a slow and preachy series. However, I still like it despite its flaws. It will always be one of my favorite Gundam series. Oh, it might be wrong to say that it's my favorite since I kinda liked every Gundam - except for Gundam Seed Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon View Post
    You may be in for a treat, you may be in for disappointment. Wing, while one of the highest rated Gundam shows for US fans, loses something as people get older. Here's hoping you enjoy it. And all the while remember this, and laugh, the guy who did Heero's voice in english didn't want to be type cast after wing, so he went on to obscurity, voicing Ken in Barbie movies HAHAHAHA!
    Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    It's a slow and preachy series. However, I still like it despite its flaws. It will always be one of my favorite Gundam series. Oh, it might be wrong to say that it's my favorite since I kinda liked every Gundam - except for Gundam Seed Destiny.
    Thanks for the heads up! As a matter of fact, I'll be watching Seed & Destiny after I'm done with Wing. Those are the last series that I have yet to watch. So I'll be totally up to date after that.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianJohn View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! As a matter of fact, I'll be watching Seed & Destiny after I'm done with Wing. Those are the last series that I have yet to watch. So I'll be totally up to date after that.
    Wing is quite difficult to understand in the first run. I had to rewatch the whole series again to get a better understanding of it. On a different note, Wing did not become less as I watch it again and again. Having a silent character is a nice change of pace for me.

Seed is good for me. I liked the story. Rau Le Crueset is really a very good villain!

Seed Destiny... Hmmm... I'm interested on your thoughts about it after you've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    Seed is good for me. I liked the story. Rau Le Crueset is really a very good villain!
    )
    rau is one of my favorite villains! credits to his VA for his good performance on the role.
    As for what I'm watching... just finished Puella magi Madoka Magica Rebellion.
    Currently watching:
    -Zeta Gundam
    -Rinne no Lagrange

Ongoing:
    -Gundam Build Fighters
    -Arpeggio of Blue Steel
    -Infinite Stratos 2
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

I'm back to watching Monster again, this is series just isn't grabbing me though, I want to like it but I think it maybe moving to slow for my taste

Quote Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
    I'm back to watching Monster again, this is series just isn't grabbing me though, I want to like it but I think it maybe moving to slow for my taste
    Where are you at in it? I remember the manga was kinda slow too, then ramps up in tension and suspense during the later parts.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Well i finally broke down and bought part two anand part three of the unicorn series. I rewatched part one twice and i love it. And now i have to do the series justice and finish strong
    That damn legged ship

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    Where are you at in it? I remember the manga was kinda slow too, then ramps up in tension and suspense during the later parts.
    I'm on episode 16 and found out its the NAZIS! (when that was pointed out all I could think of is Hellsing Abridged lol). I also realized theres like over 70 episodes so I'm kinda beating my head against a wall

Im currently re-marathoning SD Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors, G, and Wing at the same time lol.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I don't think I mentioned it, but I'm watching the original Pokemon series with my brother. We're almost done with the Indigo league.
    It seems so different when you're watching it as an adult.

I just finished watching the original Mobile Suit Gundam. I wasn't a fan of it at first, but it definitely grew on me. I think I might start Code Geass. My sister cannot stop gushing about how awesome it is, and many sites compare it to 00. I'm willing to give it a shot.
    Last edited by Bossguy; November 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

Geass was a very good show in my opinion. The character designs were done by Clamp, so you might have to get used to their appearances if you haven't seen their type of characters before (The more feminine style of drawing, slender limbs, and a more pointed face shape). I have no problem with it personally, but some people don't like it. Story wise, it is really in depth with a lot of details you won't realize till later.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

I'm very much in agreement with WhiteWolf, the characters are extremely delicate looking, haha.

I just started Geass some months back. It's alright. It does seem similar to 00. I wouldn't go and say it's a rip-off on Gundam 00, it is a Sunrise production after all.

The one thing I just can't stand about it is how girls enjoy watching it because it's a Clamp work. Maybe that's what they were going for, but there are so many other mecha anime that girls can get into as well.

Put the marketing strategy aside, it's not a bad show at all. But like all mainstream popular shows, avoid the fans.
    The Knightmare Frames remind me strongly of Armored Cores (from Armored Core) or Arm Slaves (From Full Metal Panic!).

The mechanical designs are very much Real Robot, sometimes more so than Gundam. It kind of fails when the Knightmare Frames start jumping around like martial artists though. It loses it's "Real" feeling.