Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    The ending was rushed. I wish it had more closure. It was a little vague for me.
    I agree with you. Some of the loose ends weren't really tied up with that ending, which is a shame since they were pretty interesting.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

A few nights ago, I began re-watching old episodes of Xiaolin Showdown. It's just as funny and action-packed as I remember it.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I just got done watching Elfen Lied, I'm not sure if I liked, I know I didn't hate it, I'm just not sure if I liked it lol. I'm not sure what I will watch next, I haven't had much not to watach anything so I'm trying to stay away from the shows that have intensive plots in case I go a couple weeks between watching it

Anybody else think Seed is a little depressing? I haven't watched an episode of it for a while, being so insanely mind-numbingly boring (for me, anyways). I got to episode fifteen, then I gave up. I gave it a fair chance, and my expectations were much lower than that of 00 or Unicorn. I think I'll finish 0079 and then come back to Seed. It's a shame. Seed has some excellent designs.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

Hmmm, I didn't find it depressing. Brutal, yes, due to the graphic depictions of deaths, but that's it. What about it did you find depressing?
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

I honestly have no idea, haha. I get sad whenever I listen to a Gundam opening for some reason. It's probably just me.

I might feel the same way if I listen to openings more. As is, I usually just see them once, then skip them from then on...

Yeah. I skip the openings once in a while, but they grow on me quite a bit.

So I finally find that my link work after being cut off for about a month. On to my actual post, I recently watched and finished watching a show called Girls und Panzer. I really liked it. It was funny, dramatic at some points, the tanks they used had their true to life specs (a Porsche Tiger on it's trial in this order got stuck in the mud, then the engine overheated, and finally caught fire). Has anyone else seen it and what do you think of it?

Edit: another high point about this show I liked was its use of military marching music. Pieces include The British Grenadiers, Battle Hymn of the Republic, US Army Field Artillery March, Katyusha (bonus for the Japanese VA's singing it in perfect Russian), Erika, and finally Panzerlied.
    Last edited by Zeta; November 12, 2013 at 6:33 AM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

@Zeta, I've only seen pics and model kits of it and it looks to be a cute series. I should give it a watch and see how it goes. I can appreciate some good tank fanservice.

In terms of reading something anime-related, I'm still going through Hajime no Ippo at a slow pace. At the same time, I take detours and read a bit of Otoyomegatari which has turned out to be a very pleasant series in the same vein as Kozue Amano's Aria.

Well it's not manga, but I'm reading AGAIN Without Remorse by Tom Clancy (rest in peace). I've already finished the book before, and I love it. I just decided to read it again after Tom Clancy passed away. I've read it first on an eBook, but I bought a real book just a sign of respect for the man. It's really much enjoyable to read on a real book than on an eBook.

^ You're not the only one reading non-manga material, haha. Yesterday, I finished reading through the entire Ender's Game saga minus the three recent prequel books and the very final book. I think that was the first time I read that many books (more than a dozen) focused on a single universe and I loved it. Now I'm starting "The Forge of God" by Greg Bear, which I hear is a really good sci-fi novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    ^ You're not the only one reading non-manga material, haha. Yesterday, I finished reading through the entire Ender's Game saga minus the three recent prequel books and the very final book. I think that was the first time I read that many books (more than a dozen) focused on a single universe and I loved it. Now I'm starting "The Forge of God" by Greg Bear, which I hear is a really good sci-fi novel.
    The Ender's Game must be pretty interesting. I have the habit of jumping to different genres. I once read The Godfather by Mario Puzo before I saw the movie. I was impressed. The movie, of course, did not include everything that was in the book, but all of the scenes were not altered! They did everything according to the book!

After reading The Godfather, I jumped from criminal suspense drama to satire. Dlinker, you must be familiar with Bob Ong? I've read five books written by him. It was funny and very relatable as his works mirror the life of an ordinary Filipino in this time.

After reading much satire, I've tried to read romantic novels. God, I hate most female authors! They always create Mary and Gary Sue characters! I don't know, but everytime I finish a heavy action suspense book, I would always find myself reading horrible romantic novels. Well, I haven't submitted myself into Twilight series, and I won't dare read them.

Back then, I also have a novelization of the Resident Evil series. It was based on the games. It was very interesting as it faithfully follows the game story. There were minor changes. One thing that I like in the RE novels is that there were minor things in the game that were expanded and explored in the books, and that what makes the novels fascinating and interesting. The novels were not considerd canon by Capcom, but hey they were fun!

I'm sorry to say that I'm not at all familiar with Bob Ong's works, though I should give his stuff a try. I tend to pick a selection of three books that I switch between depending on my mood (one sci-fi, one fantasy, and one non-fiction/realistic fiction) so once I finish up my current realistic fiction book ("American Psycho" by Bret Easton Ellis), I'll give him a try.

The Ender's Game saga reminds me a bit of Frank Herbert's "Dune" in that the sci-fi element is there, but the main focus is on the human element. It becomes more so in the later books where there is very little action and large amounts of dialogue and thoughts of the characters. One of the side stories in the saga has more action overall, but the focus on humanity is still there.

I haven't read anything from female authors yet, haha. My fiance loves romance novels, but luckily she hasn't forced me to read them.

Regarding books based on games, the only ones I've read were some of R.A Salvatore's Forgotten Realms fantasy books. They were pretty good, but I couldn't keep my attention on them for long. I attribute it to the clear-cut good guy/bad guy element, which I find less appealing than something more realistic (like, say, the Game of Thrones novels).

Currently Watching: Too Much.
    Currently Reading: Still reading fan translations of the To Aru series (A Certain Magical Index) I have only finished the first 4 light novels so far, since I have already seen the series, it is kinda hard to read through things I already know, and there is a ton of books still to go before I reach the point I am past the animated stuff, but I want to read them all, so it's a struggle.

Thankfully I finally finished upgrading my comp though (needed to add more storage space, since 3 years is apparently enough time to fill a tb drive for me), but that also meant I spent most of the last week reinstalling, modding, and playing Skyrim after a 6 month absence. Hense the slow progress on other stuff.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?