Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
    For a Samurai Show, yeah, it's kind of mild when you just look at it, but from the back story implied, it seems really worthwhile.
    I'm also watching it with my brother, ironically.

I'm currently watching Attack on Titans. I'm oddly entertained with the elements of the show. The horror, hopelessness, dark fantasy... It's getting into me. In a way, I'm reminded of Gantz as I watch this series. The dumb look on the mindless Titans eating humans for no reason makes me hate the Titans more. At the same time, it's one of the reasons why I'm loving the show. I wanna see how things will end given the extreme disadvantage the humans have at the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RuinedExia18 View Post
    Currently watching Rurouni Kenshin. Not very pleased with it.
    The manga is like 100% times better. Way less filler, and way more action.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Starlord View Post
    For a Samurai Show, yeah, it's kind of mild when you just look at it, but from the back story implied, it seems really worthwhile.
    I'm also watching it with my brother, ironically.
    Hahaha.....it's a slow build show. It stops being mild quick. Haven't watched that in a while. Might do that. Though honestly, watching Samuai X Trust/Betrayal before watching the series makes it sooo much better imo.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Ah Kenshin, an old favorite of mine. Trust, and Betrayal is a fantastic movie. The series it self does have slow moments, and some very funny moments. The omake's on the english dub that aired on Toonami, not the first dub (avoid like the plague) were pretty funny too. Favorite still being 'Kenshin sees the two little girls asleep on the floor, and says "Passed out drunk again.". Anyways, the best parts of the series are the first two arcs. The third arc in the tv show was all original since they had caught up to the manga at that time, and had to do something, but unlike bleach, and naruto, they just stopped after a while. Do not watch Reflections unless you have nothing better to do, as even the creator of Kenshin doesn't like the movie. It glazed over the Revenge arc, then takes things in a dumb direction with a bad ending.

From what I read, the author of the manga dislikes the Samurai X OVA's because of his lack of involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Starlord View Post
    From what I read, the author of the manga dislikes the Samurai X OVA's because of his lack of involvement.
    I know it's well recorded he hated Reflections because of that fact, can't find anything about Trust/Betrayal. Either way Reflections sucked.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Okay, so I'm like 35 episodes into Rurouni kenshin and I love it.
    Ali- Al Saachez is my hero.

I'm not big into anime, but it's been about 2 years since I watched Cowboy Bebop (which is the measuring stick I use to judge most any serious cartoon, anime or not), and I'm thinking it's time to sit down and remind myself why it's so good again lol......I like Cowboy Bebop a lot if you can't tell.

I might watch Trigun again, because it's probably my favorite non-Gundam anime besides Cowboy Bebop.

I'm looking to read the novel for Unicorn Gundam too. I didn't think I'd like the OVAs, but surprisingly I really enjoyed it, so the novel will probably get a read.

Unfortunately, you won't find the novels stateside. The closest you can get are fan translations of the manga Bande Dessinee.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Im reading Brent Weeks Lightbringer series it is very very good and im wheathering my Neue Ziel while i read

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    I know it's well recorded he hated Reflections because of that fact, can't find anything about Trust/Betrayal. Either way Reflections sucked.
    In the manga, the history of Kenshin was narrated by himself. Trust and Betrayal is like a remaster of that event in manga. It was presented in a non-flashback way. The comic reliefs were omitted and gave everything a serious feel and a bit more realistic. I consider Trust and Betrayal a masterpiece.

@RuinedExia
    I'm glad that you're enjoying it. I love Samurai X.

Currently reading Gantz. I think I'm in the 10th volume, chapter 107. This series is like WHOA! So much action, gore, and boobs. Not saying it's a bad manga. I like the story and the artwork. It's just... different. Read it if you haven't already.

I finished reading Gantz some weeks ago and I agree, it's pretty amazing. Artwork was great until near the end, where most of the baddies and effects become CG. Kinda took away some of the quality in my eyes.

I liked the simple ending too, even though it was a bit underwhelming.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

The ending was rushed. I wish it had more closure. It was a little vague for me.