Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
    I just finished Super Dimension Fortress Macross and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. Macross was pretty good. The English voice acting was pretty good and Mari Iijima's performance of Lynn Minmay was nice. I also love Shoji Kawamori's VF-1 Valkyries, they are incredible to look at. Nadia was... different. It is extremely loosely based on Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Believe it or not, this Studio Gainax series was the series that got Hideaki Anno, director of Evangelion, his first Animage Gran Prix. And traditional Gainax and Anno productions, the climax episodes have a bit of a mind screw (not as messed up as EVA, but still mind screwy nonetheless). Mind you, Nadia is a good series with quality animation (except for about 10 filler episodes) and excellent voice acting.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I'm currently reading Ghost Sweeper Mikami. I'm at Chapter 5 of volume 3. It's a nice manga.
    I was finishing up Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, yesterday.

Earlier in the day, I was watching SD Gundam Force with my brother. Does anyone feel like they're watching something out of Megaman Battle Network but with SD Gundams?
    It's not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Starlord View Post
    Earlier in the day, I was watching SD Gundam Force with my brother. Does anyone feel like they're watching something out of Megaman Battle Network but with SD Gundams?
    It's not bad at all.
    It really isn't bad despite being flamed to a crisp when it first ran on Toonami. The final 26 episodes really bring depth to this series (as far as SD Gundam goes). My favorite mech from that show has got to be Zero Custom, Knight of the Silver Winds!
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Haters gonna hate.
    For something meant for children, it's surprisingly decent. I'm not even a fan of SD Gundam.

So right now I've started to watch Martian Successor Nadesico, and I've got to say... EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE CREW MEMBERS ARE INSANE!!!!!!!! Except for Ruri; she's alright. The show is a parody of the space opera/mecha genre, and it's pretty hilarious. If you want to a mecha anime that is tailored to play for laughs, this is a great show to watch.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    So right now I've started to watch Martian Successor Nadesico, and I've got to say... EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE CREW MEMBERS ARE INSANE!!!!!!!! Except for Ruri; she's alright. The show is a parody of the space opera/mecha genre, and it's pretty hilarious. If you want to a mecha anime that is tailored to play for laughs, this is a great show to watch.
    My older brother let take a peek on one of the scenes of this anime. It's HILARIOUS!! XD

I'm currently watching Bleach and loving it! Only 2/3 the way through season 2! Giving mech anime a bit of a break. Not that there is anything wrong with it! I just wanted a different story. Finished monster last week OMG! That is an amazing anime! Next will probably be FMP. That won't be for a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    My older brother let take a peek on one of the scenes of this anime. It's HILARIOUS!! XD
    It really is hilarious. An example: all of the pilots are mecha otakus (and one yaoi fangirl) thinking they could be super robot heroes... in a real robot setting. GEKIGAAAAAN FLAAAAAAAAAAIRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Interesting to learn, im watching Battletech: the Animated Series. At first I thought it was gonna be crappy, but honestly it had good writing and the animation was decent for its time.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    This is indeed a great anime. It's nice because it pokes fun at mecha stereotypes itself.
    I'd say everyone is insane out of social insecurities, especially Akito or Ryoko.

I think Hikaru and Yurika are just born dat way though...

Not to kill anything, but if you like this, avoid Prince of Darkness.

Currently watching: Super Robot Wars Original Generation the Inspectors, Gundam Unicorn

Currently reading: Crossbone Gundam, Gantz

Currently watching: Transformers G1, Friends (have never watched the series even though I love sitcoms), Digimon Season 2, Outlaw Star, and Infinite Stratos

Currently (re)reading: Naruto, the Riftwar Saga books by Raymond E. Feist, and my favorite childhood book of all time, Watership Down (thanks to the revelation that most of the suits from the Gundam photo novel The Advance of Zeta: The Flag of Titans are named after characters from Watership Down).
    Last edited by Ginga Bishōnen; July 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by exia-7 View Post
    Currently watching: Super Robot Wars Original Generation the Inspectors, Gundam Unicorn

Currently reading: Crossbone Gundam, Gantz
    Oh my word, somebody that actually openly admits they watch Original Generation despite it having borrowed plot from Gundam and various series.
    Love that anime myself.

I've been watching Monster, I got to episode 9 and kinda lost interest though, its good don't get me wrong, but I'm not in the mood for this kind of series right now, I think I want to see some pointless destruction or something, maybe I'll rewatch Black Lagoon again

I recently watched Senki Zesshou Symphogear and the first episode of its second season, Symphogear G.