Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Marvel or DC comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryutosuke View Post
    I like reading DC comics more. Probably only because my childhood hero was Superman. Yeah DC likes to revamp things but the story that goes into it is pretty awesome. I've read some marvel comics and my all time favorite is Old Man Logan. Wolverine is just badass here. In DC, The Killing Joke is great, Kingdom Come, Blackest Night and Brightest Day, and i've even come to like the New 52 series. Ever since the New 52 came out, i'm more inclined to follow the DC Universe rather than the Marvel Universe.
    So what would you say is your favorite series of the New 52? Mine and my brothers is the New 52 Wonder Woman, especially the earlier issues.
    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    So what would you say is your favorite series of the New 52? Mine and my brothers is the New 52 Wonder Woman, especially the earlier issues.
    I like the Superman, Justice League, Batman, Teen Titans, and the Flash New 52 series. The Death in the Family was a fun read from the Batman series. Trinity War was pretty cool as well from the Justice League series.
    My favorite manga just ended and now i'm sad.

Cool. Actually my dad has a few old comics, including a New Gods #1 and #2 both of which are first editions. Sadly, they are not signed by Jack Kirby.
    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Let see, anything frank Miller touched, got my first editions of robin tucked safely, early farewell and punished. Dropped X-Men in the late 80s always bat man... yes have both the separate 4 volume edition of dark knight and the single bound copy(Frank's best work) Spider man before venom, TMNT, before anYy of the movies... the list goes on... oh yeah, RDJ was the perfect and only choice for Tony Stark best marvel movie franchise so far, but they have started to lose their way a bit

Marvel easily. Marvel isn't afraid of their own universe. DC pisses itself by the mere thought of anything outside its norm.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Okiera29 View Post
    Let see, anything frank Miller touched, got my first editions of robin tucked safely, early farewell and punished. Dropped X-Men in the late 80s always bat man... yes have both the separate 4 volume edition of dark knight and the single bound copy(Frank's best work) Spider man before venom, TMNT, before anYy of the movies... the list goes on... oh yeah, RDJ was the perfect and only choice for Tony Stark best marvel movie franchise so far, but they have started to lose their way a bit
    Do you really mean anything by Frank Miller? He's done a lot more than just TDKR and Year One. Holy Terror comes to mind as straight up racist trash.

@Gundam_Asgard: Marvel not afraid of their own universe? I'm assuming by this you mean not afraid of their continuity. To which I present One More Day (Spider-Man makes a deal with the Devil so Quesada can pull off a massive, unwanted retcon), Trouble (Aunt May, Uncle Ben, and Peter Parker's parents with all the depth and characterization of cardboard cutout slasher film victims), and the upcoming new Secret Wars, which by all accounts will be a massive DC style reboot. Those are just a few examples of Marvel being run by idiots. Quesada and Bendis have turned Marvel's comics into cheap trash, and they gloat about pissing off Marvel's long time fans and not caring about them. DC has its flaws, but it doesn't have quite the contempt for its existing fans that Marvel does.

As far as the Marvel movies go...
    #Still Pissed About Mandarin
    SIEG ZEON!

The day that Hajime Katoki stops mutilating other artists' designs cannot come soon enough.

what I mean is, marvel makes use of their characters, and is even willing to make big changes, like look at Sam as Cap and thor's Sis as the god of thunder, or Cyclops becoming essentially the new Magneto. They are now giving us movies with non-mainstream characters and turning them bigger than ever thought possible, like Guardians of the galaxy.

Everything DC has done for years has revolved around the batman and Superman formula. and even their current stuff with Arrow and Flash feels like a rehash of the formers chemistry. And its always so repeated, like how Batman essentially only has like 3 different stories done over and over again with different names.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

Marvel didn't change Cap and Thor for artistic reasons. They did it to pander and to try to rope in new customers via a cheap gimmick, instead of by putting in hard work. Hard work would involve creating a wholly original new character and developing it into a success in its own right instead of giving it an existing character's alter ego and/or series. Marvel used to be capable of this. Then they stopped trying. Quesada and Bendis are talentless hacks who lack the talent necessary to create original characters that stand alone.

The movies mostly involve people outside of the braindead Quesada/Bendis collective. Guardians of the Galaxy owes its success to James Gunn's talent as a filmmaker being matched up with a budget worthy of his talent. If Marvel had done it themselves we would have gotten something on par with their crappy straight to video animated movies.
    SIEG ZEON!

The day that Hajime Katoki stops mutilating other artists' designs cannot come soon enough.