Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61111151156157158159160161162163 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2438

Re: "What Kit Should I get?" & Recommendations

So, what I'm hearing is... Message to Bandai: MG Zaku II FZ. Get on that, like right now. Also, MG Alex 2.0 while you're at it because why not?

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

My WIPs - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...8-Urban-s-WIPs

My Completed Kits - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...-Sniper-s-Hide

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSniper View Post
    So, what I'm hearing is... Message to Bandai: MG Zaku II FZ. Get on that, like right now. Also, MG Alex 2.0 while you're at it because why not?

Pretty much....ya that sounds about right.
    List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Ugh. There are two Origin Char's Zaku I kits. One is basically a Zaku I/II hybrid that comes with the belt-fed machine gun. The other is a "real" Zaku I with the Origin-style shield. I want the latter but with the damned belt-fed gun!
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    Unfortunately no. You can only get a mg of it if you find a b-club conversion kit or fine a recast of the conversion kit.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot to mention the standard zaku l 1.0 is the only kit to come with the punch shield.
    Oh yeah haha.

Personally, if you want the HM Type, I'd go for the R2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSniper View Post

YES! Alex is in desperate need of a 2.0! I'll admit, age is the only thing keeping me from the MG -- I think it's from 1999...
    Current Gunpla Projects: Launcher/Sword Strike updated 5/13/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/45905-XXXG-01H-s-Works-In-Progress

Finished Builds updated 5/12/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...Finished-Works

Next Gunpla Project: ?

"Is that a dick knife? All of my wut" - Zaku

Quote Originally Posted by XXXG-01H View Post
    YES! Alex is in desperate need of a 2.0! I'll admit, age is the only thing keeping me from the MG -- I think it's from 1999...
    Actually I want the MG just so I can at least get that special base with the MA he was fighting at the end of the movie. Then if for some super cool reason they do make a 2.0 I will have that to go with it.
    List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

honestly the MG is still pretty good, the hands are a little finicky but thats about it.

Hmm, now I'm intrigued. A while back I asked about the Alex because I was thinking of purchasing it at the time, but somebody on here told me not to bother with it because it wasn't very good. I really do still like it though.

OK, can somebody PLEASE help me out here? See, I really want another Aile Strike Gundam so I can turn it into the Perfect Strike, specifically a MG Perfect Strike -- what would be a better buy, the old MG Launcher/Sword Strike Gundam (which comes with the Strike Gundam as well) and living with the less detailed/ not-as-poseable aspects or shelling out close to $100 for an Aile Strike ver. RM and the P-Bandai Launcher/Sword ver. RM kits? Or, go in a more risky direction and buy a 3rd party kit?
    Current Gunpla Projects: Launcher/Sword Strike updated 5/13/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/45905-XXXG-01H-s-Works-In-Progress

Finished Builds updated 5/12/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...Finished-Works

OK, can somebody PLEASE help me out here? See, I really want another Aile Strike Gundam so I can turn it into the Perfect Strike, specifically a MG Perfect Strike -- what would be a better buy, the old MG Launcher/Sword Strike Gundam (which comes with the Strike Gundam as well) and living with the less detailed/ not-as-poseable aspects or shelling out close to $100 for an Aile Strike ver. RM and the P-Bandai Launcher/Sword ver. RM kits? Or, go in a more risky direction and buy a 3rd party kit?
    What I would do is compare the costs between the two options and see which one is the better deal. You should also factor in what kind of extras each comes, as well as the time it will take to be delivered to you.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

You don't need to waist all that money. Just get the Aile strike RM they are only $32 from HLJ and then get the original sword launcher strike kit around $38. I have the sword launcher kit and it is a pretty decent kit. But if you want it to have more "Detail" you can always get all kinds of metal upgrades or make your own stuff to put on the main canon. The Aile strike RM comes with the upgraded parts needed to make the perfect Strike. Just stay off eBay to get your strikes, there are so many online stores that can sell it for close to if not at the Yen listing. Both kits are still in production, so you should not have a problem getting them. If you want up close detailed pictures of the sword and launcher let me know, that I can do. I bought the Aile strike before the RM so I also need to get the remastered version to make my perfect Strike. I have it in RG just not MG.....yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, now I'm intrigued. A while back I asked about the Alex because I was thinking of purchasing it at the time, but somebody on here told me not to bother with it because it wasn't very good. I really do still like it though.
    I say get it. I have kits that I really like that other people hate or say aren't all that good. They aren't the ones building it, you are. Now yes there are kits that are a complete waist of time and money..... to me not others. I feel that way about almost all of the IBO kits, but other people love them. As long as you like it go for it.

Yea I agree 100% if you like the Alex design grab it. Even if it isn't a "good" kit I've seen people do amazing things with older kits nobody liked. Plus they are usually pretty cheap so if everything you do doesn't come out great who cares? I've always liked the Alex too and I do hope one day it gets the 2.0 it deserves. I'm surprised Bandai doesn't 2.0 some of the older Gundam models like the Alex and the GP series. We get a new Rx-78-2 every 3 months it's seems but nothing for other Gundam models.
    War. War never changes.

could anyone suggest a kit bash to build Xenogears Weltall ID? I don't actually know much about Gundam mechs, I just kinda pick out kits that appeal to my eye

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    You don't need to waist all that money. Just get the Aile strike RM they are only $32 from HLJ and then get the original sword launcher strike kit around $38. I have the sword launcher kit and it is a pretty decent kit. But if you want it to have more "Detail" you can always get all kinds of metal upgrades or make your own stuff to put on the main canon. The Aile strike RM comes with the upgraded parts needed to make the perfect Strike. Just stay off eBay to get your strikes, there are so many online stores that can sell it for close to if not at the Yen listing. Both kits are still in production, so you should not have a problem getting them. If you want up close detailed pictures of the sword and launcher let me know, that I can do. I bought the Aile strike before the RM so I also need to get the remastered version to make my perfect Strike. I have it in RG just not MG.....yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I say get it. I have kits that I really like that other people hate or say aren't all that good. They aren't the ones building it, you are. Now yes there are kits that are a complete waist of time and money..... to me not others. I feel that way about almost all of the IBO kits, but other people love them. As long as you like it go for it.
    Well, I checked with HLJ for both the Strike RM and the original Launcher/Sword strike kit and before shipping it comes out to 7,820 yen, which is about $72 US dollars...and shipping is another 4,820 yen so add $40 to that and it comes out to $112; I haven't even asked yet, but is the Strike RM the only way to make the actual Perfect Strike? Lol. And yes, if you could PM close up pics of both the Launcher and Sword packs that would be great

@Gunpla.newb - I think Bandai could esaily make Alex as a 2.0 kit just by taking the already exsisting RX-78-2 and just modifying it a bit - they are practically the same in terms of overall looks and most likely mechanics. Then again, what do I know? Heh.

Well, I checked with HLJ for both the Strike RM and the original Launcher/Sword strike kit and before shipping it comes out to 7,820 yen, which is about $72 US dollars...and shipping is another 4,820 yen so add $40 to that and it comes out to $112; I haven't even asked yet, but is the Strike RM the only way to make the actual Perfect Strike? Lol. And yes, if you could PM close up pics of both the Launcher and Sword packs that would be great

@Gunpla.newb - I think Bandai could esaily make Alex as a 2.0 kit just by taking the already exsisting RX-78-2 and just modifying it a bit - they are practically the same in terms of overall looks and most likely mechanics. Then again, what do I know? Heh.
    Yea they could and they should. And for that matter they could use the 2.0 or 3.0 to make the GP series. I just meant if someone likes the design grab the kit and don't worry so much about what everyone else thinks of it. From what I understand about the MG alex is it's not a bad kit it's just old and lacks the detail and gimmicks of newer kits.
    War. War never changes.

Not a problem I will try and get some pictures of them tonight or tomorrow night. In the middle of taking out ALL the wall to wall carpet at my house. Going back to hard wood floors. 1 Dog and 4 Cats, it is just easier to keep clean. But I will get you the pictures.
    As for is the RM The only way to make the perfect strike? As Far as I know yes. That is unless you want to do a bunch of fabricating to the original Strike. The RM comes with different parts to convert the Aile pack to fit both of the other weapon systems. I have built my own perfect Strike, but that was in 144. I used the RG strike and the RG weapon systems. But then I had to use some of the HG parts to make the Aile pack work. It is still a work in progress, but it is a pain in the a**.
    I did look at Amazon and they have both the RM strike and the P-Bandai weapons pack with free shipping, but it would still be $85.19. But free shipping so that would be the total.
    Just remember this is a money sucking, life sucking hobby! But in a good way.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I was looking at close up pictures of the weapons system and they don't look different from the original set. Just a little more details added.