Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 167 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    Yeah I pretty much kicked DSH off the list a few minutes after I posted it. Does Nadleeh come with the Virtue shoulder cannons? I don't know which one to get, I guess I could go the Dice method.....

I'm going with the Nadleeh.
    Nah, no cannons with the Nadleeh. You do, however, get a prettty nifty special rifle with a very unique clear pink efffect part. I got it on a whim a while back and found it to be a very underrated kit. It's fun! (hope you don't mind doing some panel lining)
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Quote Originally Posted by squeam View Post
    Nah, no cannons with the Nadleeh. You do, however, get a prettty nifty special rifle with a very unique clear pink efffect part. I got it on a whim a while back and found it to be a very underrated kit. It's fun! (hope you don't mind doing some panel lining)
    I don't do the whole panel lining and paint thing. Just not my thing. Fact is I rarely paint my models, except for my planned custom Exia but that's getting off topic.

And LOL, I got Nadleeh by chance. Did the old dice method, it was either that or the A-LAWS GN-XIII, came up for Nadleeh. Now I'll atleast own a Gundam from the 4 meisters, even though the real Lockon didn't pilot Cherridum.
    Last edited by Exia; August 10, 2011 at 5:59 AM.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Super Moderator
    Whatever makes it fun for you. I don't panel line every kit, I touch-up paint some kits, I've only fully painted a few, it depends. The Nadleeh is a much more solid kit, with more usable articulation than the GN-X, so I think you made a good call. or rather, your dice made a good call

I have a little bit of money coming in the next couple of weeks and I wanted to see if there were any suggestions for someone interested in buying their first MG kit? I am seriously considering the MG RX-78-2 ver. 2.0 kit...I like the old-school / classic design, though I know it's not everyone's favorite. I like the RG RX-78-2 kit that I recently completed, so I am sure I'll be happy with that, but I don't want to pass up something that might be different and interesting. My main criteria are that I'd like to stick to something around $50-70...I could go a little over, but I'd rather not go too crazy. Also, I want something that will look really good without painting. I'm not at the painting level yet with my Gunpla experience, but I want it to look good with panel lining and detailing. Any thoughts or should I stick with my original idea of the MG RX-78-2 ver. 2.0? Thanks!
    I'm new...don't hate...

The RX-78 2.0 is an amazing kit from what I've heard. Some other great kits within your price range (going by GSAM's prices) are the Infinite Justice, Shin Matsunaga Zaku II 2.0, 00 Quan[T], RX-178 Gundam MK II 2.0, Exia, GN-X, and Epyon. All of these should look great without any painting and just panel lined. Of course these aren't the only ones that will look great, I'm sure there are many others. Hope that helps.
    So A Baoa Qu basically involved a bunch of Jims taking on John's Zacks and Dons. IN SPACE.

Super Moderator
    Well, as usual, I'm going to express my Zeta bias and also recommend the RX-178 Mk II 2.0. The AEUG (gray) colored one come with a sweet action base that looks like a section of the Argama's hangar bay. It looks very nice as a straight build and has amazing articulation. Normally, I wouldn't suggest a 2.0 kit to start with, but given your history and experience with the Real Grade line, I think the difficulty won't be a problem. The RX-78-2 2.0 is a nice kit, too; just be aware that its looks harken back to the original MSG anime - not similar to the design asthetic of the RG Gundam. So, make sure you like that simplified look and series accurate proportions. I would also include the F91, Crossbone and Turn A (very unique!) but with this warning: panel lining vastly improves the looks of these kits, so they may not be up your alley. As always, I'm quite partial to the Nemo, especially as a Master Grade primer. If you like SEED or, at least, its designs, the Infinite Justice, Sword/Force Impulse and any of the Strike kits are a lot of fun and offer wonderful color seperation to make them look great straight out of the box.

Thanks Red & squeam! I've looked up a few of those and they look pretty sweet! So, to narrow it down a bit...if you could recommend just one MG kit, or say you decided to buy one MG kit for a gift for someone with my experience, which would it be? I'm only going to be able to get one in a few weeks and I want to really make it count

Thanks again for all of the info and recommendations...I have a lot of web searching to do!
    I'm new...don't hate...

Deathscythe 1/100 High Grade Finished. :D

i've only built two now, one 1/144 wing zero custom, and i just finished a 1/100 high grade deathscythe hell. (I posted pics of them both on my profile.) Any recommendations on what kit i should get next? I'm open to any suggestions.

Super Moderator
    Definitely be the RX-178 Mark II 2.0 AEUG colors.

Quote Originally Posted by squeam View Post
    Definitely be the RX-178 Mark II 2.0 AEUG colors.
    That is pretty hot! Definitely high on the list!
    I'm new...don't hate...

Just as a bit of something different, and it's not too hard, just a bit challenging, either the MG Deathscythe or the MG Destiny (Not the EBM version) Both are phenomenal kits and have their degree of complications.
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Zeta-G
    F91, Infinite Justice, and Impulse all look pretty good. I'm not sure of the current price, given the stronger yen, but Musha Gundam Mk. II looks freaking amazing out of the box (I have pics of it somewhere in the model forums).

Zeta-G
    If you want something from Wing, the 1/100 HG original Deathscythe looks great for what it is. If you're open to building something not in the Wing line, the 1/144 HG 0 Gundam ACD color is a good looking, beginner friendly kit.

Quote Originally Posted by GNzaku0023 View Post
    Just as a bit of something different, and it's not too hard, just a bit challenging, either the MG Deathscythe or the MG Destiny (Not the EBM version) Both are phenomenal kits and have their degree of complications.
    Just checking out the Destiny...that is really awesome, but out of my price range most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    F91, Infinite Justice, and Impulse all look pretty good. I'm not sure of the current price, given the stronger yen, but Musha Gundam Mk. II looks freaking amazing out of the box (I have pics of it somewhere in the model forums).
    Now I'm starting to lean toward the Infinite Justice...that's a pretty sweet looking Gundam!
    I'm new...don't hate...

DO IT. You won't regret a thing. It may take you a while to finish it though.
    So A Baoa Qu basically involved a bunch of Jims taking on John's Zacks and Dons. IN SPACE.