Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Re: HEY :D

O Gundam. Get it. NOW. Seriously, everyone who collects Gunpla should have that kit. It's soo much fun and cheap!

To give a really good recommendation, we gotta know what shows you've watch/prefer. I'm just gonna throw a few out there and maybe one will catch your eye:

I recommended MG Strike/Strike Rouge on another one of your (ubiquitous) threads. The Zeta 2.0 has pretty much the same display base/catapult deck, but its quite a bit harder to assemble than Strike. Its looks are unique in the Gundam-verse and is personally my favorite! Any G-Gundam MG (God/Burning, Shining, Speigel/Shadow, Master) have complete inner frames, actually some of the best Bandai's ever done, and they're dirt cheap. Now, the hatch doesn't open on 'em because they have removable Core...Landers(?) that are pretty nifty display pieces in themselves. Also, they are amazingly articulated and hold their poses very well. If you're into Wing Gundam, try the newest Wing Gundam release, as the ver. Ka. has some serious flaws. The 2.0s (Mk II, GM, Gundam, Zaku, Gouf) are all really well detailed, easier to build, have complete inner frames and are flexible. Unfortunately, you have to pay for all that, and they can get pricey. If I were to pick one of the 2.0s to get (other than Zeta) I'd buy the Mk II - I have and its awesome!
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

"What Kit Should I get?" & Recommendations

That is a question every new builder (and sometimes us vets) asks themselves. It can be overwhelming, as there are hundreds of models to choose from, however, you would be amazed how simple it is to pick a kit from such a huge selection.

On youtube, there is a very experienced gunpla builder who goes by the name rrobert184, and he made a video that I believe is the best way to decide which kit you want to get.

Here is a link to the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9gIKfDV ... re=related

Now, for all you noobies out there, this is the thread for you. If you are confused or want some help, post here.

For all us vets, please help out and post links to recommended kits.

Hopefully this thread helps!

(Mickey, do you think we could sticky this thread? I think it will prove to be very useful in the future)
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Re: "What Kit Should I get?" & Recommendations

buy them all hahaha or buy what you think the best for you

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by GNzaku0023
    That is a question every new builder (and sometimes us vets) asks themselves. It can be overwhelming, as there are hundreds of models to choose from, however, you would be amazed how simple it is to pick a kit from such a huge selection.

On youtube, there is a very experienced gunpla builder who goes by the name rrobert184, and he made a video that I believe is the best way to decide which kit you want to get.

Here is a link to the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9gIKfDV ... re=related

Now, for all you noobies out there, this is the thread for you. If you are confused or want some help, post here.

For all us vets, please help out and post links to recommended kits.

Hopefully this thread helps!

(Mickey, do you think we could sticky this thread? I think it will prove to be very useful in the future)
    Another rrobbert184 fan? Yay! I like his kit reviews; he lines his kits but he doesn't paint them, so I can get a good idea of what a kit will look like with only lining. This is good for folks who aren't skilled at (or simply don't feel like) painting their kits.

As far as recommending kits to newbies go, for Master Grades, you can't go wrong with 2.0s. Beyond that give some information about what you like and the rest of us will be happy to provide you with some suggestions.

Super Moderator

Been watchin rrobert for a whiles now. I have a similar build style to him (albeit not as good as he is) and I appreciate his candid insight. The best thing he ever did was split up reviews: you can go right to the parts you want. I also loved his infamous "send-off" of the HG 1/100 Wing Gundam.

I posted my upcoming purchase questions a bit too soon to be on this thread. Good idea, though, GNZ.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by squeam
    Been watchin rrobert for a whiles now. I have a similar build style to him (albeit not as good as he is) and I appreciate his candid insight. The best thing he ever did was split up reviews: you can go right to the parts you want. I also loved his infamous "send-off" of the HG 1/100 Wing Gundam.

I posted my upcoming purchase questions a bit too soon to be on this thread. Good idea, though, GNZ.
    I cheered when that piece of crap took a dive.

I too am a rrobbert184 fan. His review of the MG Wing Gundam also helped reignited my passion for Gunpla. After watching many of his reviews, my criteria for models are: few loose parts, a challenging and enjoyable build, great articulation (180 deg. in the arms and legs), a good MS (hero, villain, or grunt), and cost.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

rrobbert184 has some great reviews

on http://gundam-eclipse.com/index/ if anyone needs or wants to talk.

don't forget prime92

yes prime has some nice reviews also but her getting into the marvel figures has kind of eh for me

Super Moderator

My favorite reviewer is TimberNewtype. His videos are amazing, outstanding, spectacular and just splendid in every way.

For realz though, rrobbert is pretty good, Prime92 is actually a great resource for knowing what you'll get straight out-of-the-box, I also like vektar, vitzrsx(quirky) and BikerTrashWolf. 2Old4Toys is classic, too.

My favorite reviewer is TimberNewtype. His videos are amazing, outstanding, spectacular and just splendid in every way.
    yeah Timber has some great reviews

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by Allelujah
    don't forget prime92
    F*** prime92. People who intentionally buy counterfeit goods are trash.

For realz though, rrobbert is pretty good, Prime92 is actually a great resource for knowing what you'll get straight out-of-the-box, I also like vektar, vitzrsx(quirky) and BikerTrashWolf. 2Old4Toys is classic, too.
    Nice self-promotion there, squeam.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by Allelujah
    don't forget prime92
    F*** prime92. People who intentionally buy counterfeit goods are trash.
    and the sad thing is to keep buying them when you know there crap , just suck it up and buy the real deal

Super Moderator

Yeah, I didn't get that whole phase; I mean, she obviously has quite a budget for Gunpla, so why buy the knock-offs. Not that TT Hongli is excusable at any time, but especially when you clearly have enough money to buy the real thing (and in most cases already have the real one).