Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243

Re: New to Gunpla? This thread will answer your questions. Ask here, and not a new th

Was wondering what the life span of one of these Micro saws were. With such fine teeth it just makes me wonder.

Definitely looks like a better option. Are you able to get away with using them anywhere on the runner?

HG newbie needs help!

I have just started in this awesome hobby! As well i have no clue about the Gundam Universe, just love these type of kits.

So i started with a HG kit and built it up without any issues, well some issues...but not major ones.

My issue is with painting them in certain areas without messing up other areas.
    Most of the kit is super easy to paint and can be done individually however the articulating joints and the parts that attach to them are a nightmare!
    Due to the fact i like to glue them together and sand and smooth the joints out to make a solid panel. This joining of the parts means they need to be assembled on the articulating joints and glued at the same time.
    These small areas are also almost impossible to mask...

Is this just a HG kit issue or is there a better way to approach these types of kits?

This is the top section of the kit, painted with the selection of colors i had on hand.
    1ZZD4UG.jpg

Re: HG newbie needs help!

Im currently building a GM Custom myself. I just finished the seamlines and moved to priming. I use Tamiya Liquid Cement. It comes in a square bottle and the cap has a brush on it. Just slap it along the seams as you snap the kit and use binder clips to hold it together. The cement is on light enough it shouldn't seep to the joints but its on enough to fuse the parts.

Thanks for the reply but i was asking about painting parts that need to be glued together with an articulating joint.
    How do i paint the tiny area that usually butts up against the articulating joint without painting the joint?

I will upload a picture to help!

kkP0oXb.jpg
    Last edited by lazylathe; March 4, 2018 at 3:29 PM.

Tamiya masking tape and patience. I've also seen people use plastic wrap.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: New to Gunpla? This thread will answer your questions. Ask here, and not a new th

Like Vile said mask it off with tape. or if it is really curvy and hard to get the tape to hold form you can use Parafilm. Parafilm is a lightly sticky "Film" that is really good for masking corners and round parts. You can get it from E-Bay or Amozon, it is cheap and really good stuff. It is mainly used in Labs to seal test tubs and medical stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

To see a perfect example of masking the joint of a leg is to look at Squee's padge. He just finished painting his sniper and in the picture the leg joint is still all taped up

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/