Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Re: Help! I am new, want to build gundams, and have zero clue how to build them!

I just want to add, if you're going to paint these things, WEAR A RESPIRATOR!! I just got out of the hospital as I was poisoned by the stuff from just a little exposure. I am happy to be alive - that outta tell you something. Do not play around with this stuff. It is dangerous. Have fun with the hobby, but you're life is not worth giving up for it. I will not be going back to painting as I refuse to risk any potential "relapse" of what happened to me.

Re: Help! I am new, want to build gundams, and have zero clue how to build them!

Dude, that's horrible. It's good that you went to the hospital, though. Does that mean that there will be no more cars in your future?
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Bossguy View Post
    Dude, that's horrible. It's good that you went to the hospital, though. Does that mean that there will be no more cars in your future?
    That's right - I've retired the hobby after this as I don't want to risk my health. I do enjoy the gundam figures, but no where near the model cars. Regardless, I am just happy to be alive, be able to see people. So, I'm just going to find new things to do in life. It was an awful experience. Please don't think you can go outside and spray without a respirator and think you're safe. I just wanted to pass this along so if someone was considering doing so they would think twice. Don't wait for something bad to happen and then take action, do it now so you don't get to that point.

I've been looking into new hobbies, but I haven't really found anything yet. I do like watching documentaries, and considered working out. I just really liked those model cars..but it's not worth a trip to the ER

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to add onto this that I am ok and well, but please wear a respirator and protect yourself. Another thing to add, many of us have good lives and brood on things. Don't wait for something bad to happen then decide to be happy. Be happy now. We brood on things when our lives are GOOD. Don't wait to get cancer then decide to change your behaviors. Do it now
    Last edited by modelcars87; May 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM.

wow
    "Heroes non morietur"

Hello Peoples! Riderman09 here!
    i just bought a RG RX-78-2 Gundam and i have a Question, is it compatible to HG Parts like the
    Build Booster From "Gundam Build Fighters"? i wanna build my very own Custom MS using HG & RG parts so is it Doable?

Administrator

Hello and welcome the forums.

I took a look at the manual scans of both the RG RX-78 and the HG Build Booster. And I don't believe that they would be compatible without some modification.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    Hello and welcome the forums.

I took a look at the manual scans of both the RG RX-78 and the HG Build Booster. And I don't believe that they would be compatible without some modification.
    I can confirm that from looking at the pieces physically.

ah, confirm what exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

ah, ok then! but what about people who has them?

Administrator

Chances are those people either modified the connectors on the Build Booster so that they can fit onto the back the RG kit. Or they simply glued it on. It's also possible that they took more effort than that.

Help! I am new, want to build gundams, and have zero clue how to build them!

newbie here...nice videos for beginners..really helpful..here is my collection so far and i'm excited to add more..what model kit you can recommend?

Attachment 7466
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GundamNb; May 30, 2014 at 7:59 AM.

Welcome to the boards! I started on the HG AGE series as well. I recommend trying an MG. They're larger and more complex than the HG kits. Any of the modern kits are pretty solid.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

So I was looking around on how to paint this zaku I have and I heard that you can just grab spray cans and paint it like that.Does that work and also what brand and type should I get(Remember I want to do this on a small budget so no really expensive stuff)

Administrator

Type really depends on what the stores around you sell. I recommend Tamiya spray cans over Testors/Model Masters as I have had bad luck with Testors stuff. Tamiya cans are synthetic lacquer paints and are pretty durable. Testors has enamels and lacquer paints. But like I said, they can be hit or miss on if they work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    Type really depends on what the stores around you sell. I recommend Tamiya spray cans over Testors/Model Masters as I have had bad luck with Testors stuff. Tamiya cans are synthetic lacquer paints and are pretty durable. Testors has enamels and lacquer paints. But like I said, they can be hit or miss on if they work properly.
    Alright I will check my local hobby lobby for some Tamiya spray cans and you can paint the whole kit with that right?(Sorry for so many questions.Its just the last time I painted a gundam it turned out so bad.)

Administrator

You can yes. Depending on what you want to do, you might need some masking tap so that you can prevent certain colors from overlapping or prevent over spray. I will say this, Hobby Lobby (at least the one here) doesn't carry Tamiya paint. I have to get mine from Hobby Town.