Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Thread: Current WIP

Super Moderator

Current WIP

Started the MG Sword Impulse yesterday and I have to say I'm impressed! Has runners A throught T. Some have only a few parts on them, but still--that's a lot of parts! The greatest thing about that is the color seperation: depending on whether you consider ABS gray and PE gray different colors, I counted 11 different shades to this kit! Not only that, but there a a ton of little pieces to account for parts that require another color (reminds me of the Infinite Justice).
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Re: Current WIP

That is wonderful to hear. I have the 1/144 HG Sword Impulse and love her so much (but yeah, the 1/144 can only do so much and the color accuracy is kinda poor) that I've been wanting the MG.
    I was led astray by bad directions.

Super Moderator

Well, Sword Impulse is completed and I've moved on to the HGFC God Gundam. This G-Gundam has lots of VERY small, intricate parts. Not sure yet, but there seems to be some type of inner frame to it, cool.

You should post some pictures~. I've got the Force Impulse MG myself.
    No joke is appropriate. Thatís why itís a joke.

Super Moderator

So, I really messed up trying to paint the ankle guards and feet of the God Gundam. *sigh* I was doing so good with the shoulders and skirt armor, then I go and noob it up. The kit has some really well designed panel line grooves--EZ peezy with Real Touch/Sumiire Grey Markers. This is almost like building a miniature MG: lots of detail parts, some inner framework and some cool engineering.

Super Moderator

Master Grade The O is complete. I really got into building this one. Started Friday night and did nothing else but work on it until it was done. I think I shall make it the topic of my next video review (might do the HGUC Hy-Gogg, too).

Started the HG Throne Drei and I've come across a major problem. A problem I've never had before from Bandai: parts missing . I opened the bags (yeah, I know) and began nipping parts off. Then I realized the V-fin pieces were only these little molded dots! I've never experienced this, anyone else?

Super Moderator

I'm starting to get a bit annoyed with this Throne Drei....so many parts need lots of attention to even look close to accurate. Plus, it's one of my "work builds"(like most of my HGs), so I don't have all my tools at my disposal. Also, how am I supposed to get that red piece to look that brown?! Oh well, still better than doing another older GM.

I've been intending to get all of the Thrones at some point and am kinda disappointed to hear all of this. I do have Zwei waiting, but the three would look so much better as a set.
    I was led astray by bad directions.

Super Moderator

Oh, I love the Thrones. And they are going to look good together. I just....I think the real problem is that, since they're basically the same suit, the color seperation isn't as good as what we've come to expect, especially in the HG 00 line. Maybe I'm just getting more frustrated at the fact that I'm essentially building the same kit thricely and my mind is getting bored by it. I was feeling similarly with the Zwei, but now that it's done and with the Eins, I see it was totally worth it. There are many great aspects to the kit, too; guess I just had to rant a little.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by squeam
    Maybe I'm just getting more frustrated at the fact that I'm essentially building the same kit thricely
    Sounds like my Astray binge. I built all 3 1/144 Astrays, and the red one twice, one for a friend.

Super Moderator

I was gonna try to do 'em all at once but now I'm glad I've spaced some other kits in between.

Administrator

It's one of the only things keeping me from getting the Red Frame MG. I love the Red Frame, and I know the MG is a whole different beast...but something in my head tells me I won't want to do it.

My soon to be W.I.P.'s will be MG Char's Zaku, and Tatsu's Super Custom Zaku F2000. Man they are both sexy kits.
    (My brother and I watching 00)
    ZeonPeon: Why are the canisters on his knees? Why not on his back?
    SilverFrameAstray: Because, you can get shot in the back.
    ZeonPeon: YOU CAN GET SHOT IN THE KNEES!
    Then, laughter was had.

Super Moderator

Wrapping up HGAW Gundam X. Best. Proportions. Ever.

Super Moderator
    Working on making a Andrew Waltfeld RG Freedom. Here is what I have so far. I need some help with my airbrush/paint mixing technique. I cannot figure out why I have such disparity in the evenness of the yellow paint. AB @ 25psi (same as I used for the very lovely primer app). Vallejo Model Color paints thinned to about 1:1. I tried 1:2, but it just seemed too runny. Do you think my mix ratio is off, psi is wrong, I'm pulling the trigger too hard, am too close, or a combo of those? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Attached Images