Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ginga Bishōnen's Gundam Model Collection!!!

Hello folks, Ginga here. Just dusted off some of my Gunpla and took some shots to show ya. First up it's my Master Grade MS-09 Dom. I hand painted the suit metallic grey, aqua blue, and white, in place of its standard black, flat grey, purple, and red. I also repainted the heat rod red from yellow, and its bazookas from flat grey to a dark grey (unfortunately I have no clue where they are at this moment). I should mention that the aqua blue parts where supposed to be sky blue instead, but it was my first time hand painting something so I blended the paints wrong. Still I like how it came out.

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

Master Grade GM

Next up, its my Master Grade RGM-79C GM TYPE C. I never really did much to the suit after I built it since I liked how it came out as well its factory colors. I didn't even panel line it cuz I didn't like how it looked on my other Master Grade GM. The only touch-up I did to it was coloring the face visor see thru green.

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

Cool collection you got there friend, they look clean. I'm diggin' that Dom with its cool color scheme. You painted the kit well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    Hello everybody, new to the site starting today. I've been a long time Gundam fan, about 9 years now, and I recently started to rewatch some of the series (so far got Zeta, Seed, 0080, and 0083 down, currently on X) and started Gundam modeling again (just bought MG's of the Re-GZ and Crossbone Full Cloth and a PG of the Strike Freedom). I wanted to find somewhere to discuss Gundam as I get back into it. Hope we can all be cool.
    I am a fan of the Strike Freedom. Have you built it yet? You definitely must showcase it!

Quote Originally Posted by V0LTES-V01 View Post
    I am a fan of the Strike Freedom. Have you built it yet? You definitely must showcase it!
    Naw man, I just got it like 3 weeks ago. Gonna touch up some old models, maybe even paint a couple, then work my way towards it. I got 10 MGs in progress or unbuilt that I wanna do 1st. I have built 4 PGs so far (Zeta, Red Frame, Aile Strike, and Zaku II), but they are back at my parents' place as well as most of my collection, so I can't show them. I will be uploading some of the MGs I do have with me tomorrow, namely my Strike Rouge, OO Qant, Heavyarms Ver Ka, and Destiny Extreme Blast (Chinese Knock-Off Edition). Then over the next week ill check out my garage and see what else I may have here. I know my beloved Freedom is somewhere there...with a broken arm. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***sobs hysterically***

Hey there~
    Your kits are amazing! I am seriously loving the Dom! I like the color scheme~
    Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Crossbone XD
    "The eradication of war through force, that is celestial being, and the gundam will do it, along with me, I am, we all are, Gundam"
    Setsuna F. Seiei

Dude, that Dom has an amazing paint job. I envy your hand-painting skills.

MS-06F/J Zaku-II

Howdy anyone still up at this hour. Just woke up from a recurring nightmare (Damn Stephen King's It) and I doubt I will be going back to sleep anytime soon...or to the bathroom (anyone who has seen the movie or read the book knows why) so I decided to upload some more models. First up is my Master Grade MS-06F/J Zaku-II, my first ever Gundam model built. This is also one of the first ever MG's, from 1995 I think, and its build really shows it. Still it is a decent kit and was a great introduction to Gunpla. I had originally meant to hand paint this Zaku into a steampunk design about a year ago, and mod it and its weapons to fit the theme as well but that plan felt thru when I couldn't find a brown paint I liked for where I wanted to make the parts look like wood, which I decided to spray paint red instead. I cannot find the weapons for it, probably the same place as the Dom's, but they were the standard, unpainted weapons always. The head is one of those LED light up heads (the box also came with heads for a MG Hyaku Shiki, and a MG Re-GZ, which I just bought so yay ) but the battery is dead.

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg
    Last edited by Ginga Bishōnen; April 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM.

MSM 07 Z'Gok

Well hopefully this will be my last post for the night, if I can actually get back to sleep. This is my Master Grade Z'Gok, the adorable lil guy. It was the last model I built, before my 8 month hiatus, leaving behind many MG's unbuilt, or worse half built. Poor Infinite Justice and Force Impulse still dont have their backpacks or weapons, and the Harrison Martin F91 is just a torso and head.
    Attached Images

Administrator
    Your kits look awesome man. Love the color scheme on your Zaku II. And your Z'Gok looks great. And that Dom, love that color.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

GNT-0000 OO Qan[T]

Hello there, another Gunpla upload. Here is my Master Grade OO Qan[T] . As I have mentioned before, I haven't seen Gundam 00, but I do like its mobile suit designs alot. I have the LED light for its GN drive, but i didn't feel like taking the suit apart to turn it on.

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

*note* man, i gotta repanel line the Gundam. It's what I get for using bootleg Chinese Gundam Markers on it.
    Last edited by Ginga Bishōnen; March 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM.

00 Season 1-2 and the movie are definite must sees. In regards to panel lining, Gundam panel line markers works really well.

Oh and, cool 00 Quanta; well put together. I'm anxious to build mine but I still have to finish my current project.

Do you like your kits clean? I don't see any decals on them.

I'm not sure what you need to clean up in terms of panel lining. Looks fine to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by V0LTES-V01 View Post
    In regards to panel lining, Gundam panel line markers works really well.

Do you like your kits clean? I don't see any decals on them.
    Yeah, I much prefer the authentic gundam markers. i was just checking to see how these bootleg markers my friend bought were. and yeah, I prefer my kits to be clean. Sometimes I don't even bother to panel line my models, since I like them to look like they do in the anime. I did however put a couple decals on the 00. The forehead sticker and the one on the GN drive are the most prominent. You can see them on the 1st picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    I'm not sure what you need to clean up in terms of panel lining. Looks fine to my eyes.
    If you look closely some of the marker paint is fading. It was those damn Chinese bootleg markers.

Ah, now it makes sense. I'm used to more subtle panel lines so that's why I didn't see much of an issue. You don't want to try alternative products like Micron pens or even a .2mm mechanical pencil?

My Name is Ginga Bishōnen, and I Have a Problem.

Howdy Folks, Ginga here. I was in my garage, looking for my MG GAT-X105E Strike E + I.W.S.P. to take some photos of for my next showcase, when I came to a terrible conclusion, a stunning revelation, a shocking epiphany. I, Ginga Bishōnen, am the world's biggest procrastinator (at least when it comes to Gunpla). Rather than explain to you with words what I mean, I think I should just show y'all.

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

Why yes, that is a King-Size bed covered in my unbuilt or half built models (yes, to make matters worse I tend to jump from project to project, never finishing one ). I was planning on painting and/or touching up my old models over the next couple of weeks, but after seeing this massive build up of unused and unloved plastic, I feel I should finish a model or two before I have the balls to go back to the completed ones. However, I have no idea where to start, so I am turning to you, fellow Gundam fans, to make my decision for me. I only have two requests; that you pick a Master Grade and that it isn't the Crossbone Full Cloth or the Blue Frame (Having built a MG Red Frame before, and seeing the Crossbone runners, I feel that putting myself through that panel line hell would make me quit all over again).

For those of you that can't tell which MG's are in the photos, they are as followed:
    F91 Gundam F91 (Harrison Martin colors) (built the torso and head already)
    MS-06R-2 Zaku II Ver.2.0 (Johnny Ridden custom) (Not Yet Started)
    ZGMF-X19A ∞ Justice Gundam (TT Hongli bootleg) (suit built, sublight flier and weapons unbuilt)
    MS-18E Kämpfer (Not Yet Started)
    RGZ-91 Re-GZ (Not Yet Started)
    RX-78GP03S Gundam "Dendrobium Stamen" (Not Yet Started)
    MSZ-006C1 Ζeta Plus C1 (Not Yet Started, Have the official Gundam Paints for it )
    RX-78-4 Gundam Unit 4 "G04" (Not Yet Started)
    ZGMF-X56S/α Force Impulse Gundam (suit built, force pack and weapons unbuilt)

Please give me your opinions and I will make my selection on Wednesday, my only day off this week.

PS if anyone is wondering how the hell I ended up with so many unbuilt model kits, I blame my inability to resist a bargain, even while I was on my 8 month hiatus.
    (DAMN YOU EBAY!!!!!!!!!!)