Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 336 of 337 FirstFirst ... 236286326331332333334335336337 LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 5044

Thread: Life

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    ^ Dude, now that you pointed that out, I feel obligated to build a kit for the kid and make up a backstory that involves him. Sounds like a good plan, actually
    And its not like he would just happen to stumble onto the suit one day and become a gundam pilot pshhhh when's that ever happened

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Re: Life

Thank you, guys. It honestly wasn't as tiring or exhausting as I expected, but that could be because we're not the first in our families to have kids so we were prepared. Still, I'm sure we have tons to learn over the months and I'm making sure to always keep an open mind.

@Zaku, we named him Mason. Out of dozen or so names we tried, that one felt the most natural despite him ending up being a small kid, haha.
    good name. i dont have kids yet. but i legit want to name a son of mine Casval. lol.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    good name. i dont have kids yet. but i legit want to name a son of mine Casval. lol.
    While a little unusual, it's not too unusual. I mean, I have cousin in Nevada who named her daughter after Kairi from the Kingdom Hearts series. Here's a question for you Zaku: what if the child ended up being a girl? Would you name her Artesia or Sayla?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

i would consider it yea. i mean it better than a common name that is just a name. and Casval or Artesia is really quite nice. so yea. both a very serious consideration.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Well with my busted back, I can't work, but I found a way to make kit money by picking up from school, then watching my nephews in the afternoon while their parents are at work. (I work cheap and we are talking 3+hours multiple times a week, this is not like an hour here and there.) Made a decent amount last week since I had them over 12 hours over the course of 4 days, and made enough to get my RG Unicorn, however, I ran into a work hazard already.

I volunteered to take the older one (5) to sign up for cub scouts, which was at elementary school, since his parents were still working. Yesterday morning I woke up, and my eye hurt. Went to the doctor, sure the heck enough, pink eye. . Hazards of the job, okay I accept it. But then the parents decided to take them to Chuckie Cheese's yesterday....

So If I disappear for a while, please know, I blame the other house of the mouse, that is a bigger germ factory than a North Korean Weapons factory.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon View Post
    Well with my busted back, I can't work, but I found a way to make kit money by picking up from school, then watching my nephews in the afternoon while their parents are at work. (I work cheap and we are talking 3+hours multiple times a week, this is not like an hour here and there.) Made a decent amount last week since I had them over 12 hours over the course of 4 days, and made enough to get my RG Unicorn, however, I ran into a work hazard already.

I volunteered to take the older one (5) to sign up for cub scouts, which was at elementary school, since his parents were still working. Yesterday morning I woke up, and my eye hurt. Went to the doctor, sure the heck enough, pink eye. . Hazards of the job, okay I accept it. But then the parents decided to take them to Chuckie Cheese's yesterday....

So If I disappear for a while, please know, I blame the other house of the mouse, that is a bigger germ factory than a North Korean Weapons factory.
    Man it seems like you could use some lok kujan levels of luck, but at least you have a rg unicorn! I want one after hearing how soilid they are .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Been busy with work and getting prepared for the baby. Speaking of the baby, he was born without complications today at 8:19am. Official DOB is 9/27/17 and I made darn sure I noted that down on my calendar so I'll never forget his birthdays. Wife and I are in the hospital now getting some much-needed quiet time. Especially for her, since the labor was very painful. Nothing else makes you feel more useless than seeing your wife in tons of pain and not being able to do a darn thing about it. Delivery was smooth as butter, though. Only 25 minutes of pushing and the kid was out. We're going to be at the hospital for another day or so per procedure and then it's back home.
    Congrats on the newest member of the family!

Dealing with these fires around where I live. Hopefully I don't get evacuated. Lots of smoke and ash in the air.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBayGundam View Post
    Dealing with these fires around where I live. Hopefully I don't get evacuated. Lots of smoke and ash in the air.
    I mean it is fire season, it's to be expected. So where are your fires? There was huge one a few weeks ago near Corona and Yorba Linda. i could see the smoke from my house.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    I mean it is fire season, it's to be expected. So where are your fires? There was huge one a few weeks ago near Corona and Yorba Linda. i could see the smoke from my house.
    Napa, Santa Rosa, Sonoma area. Fire even got to inner cities where there's hardly any brush or trees. Completely obliterated neighborhoods in a matter of hours. There was a crazy windstorm last night that brought 70-80 mph gusts. I assume the wind tore some power lines down and lit everything up. I saw the power lines next to my bedroom window sparking at around 10 pm. Got woken up around 3 am by a phonecall from my uncle saying there were dozens of fires all over north bay area. I'm about 9 miles away from 1 of the fires. I'm basically surrounded by fires in all directions. There were around 60 reported small fires this morning as well as 5 or so big ones.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, guys. It honestly wasn't as tiring or exhausting as I expected, but that could be because we're not the first in our families to have kids so we were prepared. Still, I'm sure we have tons to learn over the months and I'm making sure to always keep an open mind.

@Zaku, we named him Mason. Out of dozen or so names we tried, that one felt the most natural despite him ending up being a small kid, haha.
    Congratulations, Dlinker, for your newborn!

Well, hello guys, it's been two years since my last post on this forum and been lurking since then. It's been great to see most of you guys still active in this forum, hope you guys doing well..

Its my third year of residency, one more year to go. Being a senior resident, my schedule not so hellish anymore, and able me to get back to the hobby.
    "The only thing you can change about the past is how you feel about it in the present." - Lockon Stratos.

^ Thanks, good sir. He's been a demanding kid, but we love him and wouldn't have it any other way, haha.

Very good to know you've been kicking lots of rear-ends during your residency and that your schedule has eased up. Putting your dues in is always a nice feeling, even more so when it's for a meaningful profession like being a doc. We'll have to start referring to you as The Doc around here
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Haha.. Every baby is always demanding..

LOL no need to, man, I'm pretty surr there are other doctor in this forum.
    "The only thing you can change about the past is how you feel about it in the present." - Lockon Stratos.

I'm in med school now lol... Midway through my second year.

^ Here's to your continued success in Med School, soon-to-be Doc Iris. The world can always use more doctors.

In other life news, I haven't been getting much time to myself compared to before, but I'm not minding it at all. I can still get an hour or two during a weekday for playing games and so far it's more than enough for me. I would actually have zero time, but since I'm living with in-laws, they help with taking care of the kid. Can't even imagine how tough it is raising a child completely on your own without family to help out. Those people are the real MVPs.

What I do need to start doing more, though, is exercising. I really need to work out more.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."