Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 338 of 339 FirstFirst ... 238288328333334335336337338339 LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 5076

Thread: Life

Re: Life

Man, do I hate negativity in the workplace. Especially when it's the kind of work I'm doing. I don't understand what's so difficult with just doing what you're told and not complaining about it.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Super Moderator

My cat has become completely feral. He is an inside cat but if he gets out of my apartment, he starts acting wild. I tried getting him back inside, but he wouldn't come, so i start walking back in, and then he runs at me, jumps on me, and starts scratching and biting my leg. Totally tore me up. Now he keeps screaming at me whenever i let him out of my bathroom. My big problem is that i didn't get him neutered. I have lost all trust with this cat, i don't know what to do. No vet is opened until at least Tuesday either. :/

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

So yesterday I submitted my resume for an open position at my local air museum. The only difference between my current volunteer job and this position is that the latter is a paid position. It's for a part-time front desk receptionist, but a part-time job is better than no job. Right now, I feel confident that I can land this job since I am pretty familiar with most of the day-to-day museum operations. That being said, I am still plenty nervous. Still, if I land this job I can use the money for more flight lessons (and Gunpla).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Good luck on your application. I hate job hunting and applying for jobs. It's always a numbers game unless have strong connections in the place you're applying to.

In other news, I've been plenty busy at work now that the experienced guys I was working with when I first started all left. Now it's just me, our new guy who's green to the field, and a new gal we hired last month. I'm lucky my boss actually cares for us; He took me off on-call to preserve my sanity and he's flexible with hours and time off. Outside of work, my son is doing well despite contracting a cold from me two weeks ago and getting three shots from his 4-month check-up. Apparently he got my immune system because he hasn't gotten any fevers yet. Meanwhile, his cousin got three fevers already before he was six months. He's so darn fidgety, though, and he gets bored really quick. Still, I love him to bits and I hope he continues being healthy.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

So I am thinking about not buying anymore model kits. I put together my RG Freedom today, and honestly, I think the kit is crap. The right arm disjointed itself at the should ball joint, which is now slightly stretched, and is drooping, the face plate vent was bent, and I had to fix it, and generally it made me feel meh. And this isn't a new feeling for me. It feels like, though the designs are getting better, the quality is getting worse, I mean the plastics are getting thinner, and thinner, in the hollow parts, and I am actually starting to worry about breaking parts, something I never had an issue with in the past.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon View Post
    So I am thinking about not buying anymore model kits. I put together my RG Freedom today, and honestly, I think the kit is crap. The right arm disjointed itself at the should ball joint, which is now slightly stretched, and is drooping, the face plate vent was bent, and I had to fix it, and generally it made me feel meh. And this isn't a new feeling for me. It feels like, though the designs are getting better, the quality is getting worse, I mean the plastics are getting thinner, and thinner, in the hollow parts, and I am actually starting to worry about breaking parts, something I never had an issue with in the past.
    To be fair, the RG Freedom isn't one of the greatest RG's out of the line. Plus, I've considered the whole RG line to be like glass statues: they're nice to look at, but they're also pretty fragile.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I didn't know where else to post this so I post it here. I just finished watching the Supernatural Special Scoobynatural...all I can say is that I was not expecting what I watched...and I was genuinely impressed.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    I didn't know where else to post this so I post it here. I just finished watching the Supernatural Special Scoobynatural...all I can say is that I was not expecting what I watched...and I was genuinely impressed.
    Was this a crossover between super natural and Scooby Doo?

yep...and it was nuts. that's all im going to say...you'll have to watch it to find out

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Super Moderator

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Super Moderator

Super happy since yesterday. I interviewed for a higher position at work and i got it. Despite already being an employee i had to interview since its a city job. The job title basically means i get paid properly for what i do now. Literally double my pay. Woot!!

Woot woot! Congrats!

Going on vacation as of this coming Thursday and I couldn't be happier. I'm so much busier at work now that I feel mentally drained almost every day so the time off is especially valuable. I'm away for about three weeks, but since I haven't accrued enough vacation hours yet, half of it will be unpaid. Which I guess is fine, seeing as I'm already getting paid way more than my last job. With the team basically fully staffed, I actually feel good leaving the office knowing the place won't exactly fall apart while I'm gone.

this summer I hope i can go on ths trip i've been planning
    Last edited by Rezzard; May 1, 2018 at 2:20 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Hi all, how is everyone? It's been a good while, nice to see some old faces are still here