Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 333 of 333 FirstFirst ... 233283323328329330331332333
Results 4,981 to 4,987 of 4987

Thread: Life

Re: Life

^ I second this notion, if it's possible.

Keeping up with the job theme we're having, I got through one big hurdle this weekend with a large project that I'm happy with. To make a long story short, despite all of the BS I had to deal with leading up to the weekend, it all ended for the better because the deadline got extended another week and my boss is taking a more active role in it. Let me just get this out of the way already: It's above my pay grade to coordinate fully the move of all IT assets of another business from one place to another. And I've just been working here for five weeks. And I have no clue where to even begin with it so I'm glad it's out of my hands.

But that's what they had me do, only because we're so short-staffed and while I am grateful for the experience (I actually did learn a bunch of new things so it's not a complete bust), it's not something I want to do again anytime soon. At least not with that crazy of a deadline. To give some background info, the CEO's brother is part-owner of the company and he's got a small real estate business himself that is moving locations. The company's IT dept (also known as myself and my coworkers) got loaned out to them for this move which has been a large pain in everyone's backside. To make matters worse, this person decided he wants to move to their new spot right after the old tenant leaves, leaving a single day to get everything done. That didn't happen because of many reasons beyond our control (thank you, AT&T and Comcast) so he gave in and extended it by a week.

It's made even worse by the fact that his office manager is a complete moron. She spends more time telling us she doesn't understand anything than actually trying to understand anything.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

So we went from rain (after the hellish winter) for the past few weeks pretty frequently (off and on non stop...if that makes sense) to 80 degrees, and my grass is already needing watering again and is wanting to die in spots.

It's gonna be a shitty summer I have a feeling for NE/SE washington.
    Newtypery is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

I just finished my first year of med school ^^

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Sweeet!!!! Congratulations now to celebrate by getting more Gundams!
    List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Well made it into work today and was only 5 minutes late. I'm a bit slow today. Because METALLICA was ASSUME!!!! I was right up front at the stage for all 3 shows, Volbeat, Avenged sevenfold and of course METALLICA. I still have a ringing in the head but it is getting better. What a night! Now on to Iron Maiden next month. And yes they did the pre sale of the CD from the concert, yup I got one.
    List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

^ Good to know that someone is having some fun here, haha.

In other news, I finally finished the big project that's been looming over my head ever since I started at my new job. And it was every bit as challenging as I expected in an unexpected way. It reminded me a lot of my old job where everything and everyone's demands must be met immediately or else I was going to be drowned in a backlog of requests. I put in enough overtime to finish it with as few headaches as possible (and there were many potential headaches) to basically give myself a third paycheck for the month, so it's not all terrible. That's in addition to proving to my boss and co-workers that I'm worth keeping because there was no way that someone could pull it off without spending so much time on it.

I will say that I miss having a weekend where I don't go to work, though, so I'm looking forward to this weekend more than usual.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

The past few days has been a roller coaster ride. First, we finally inspected our new house. My parents, my older brother, and a carpenter went with me and my wife to check the house. I was excited, but as soon as we arrived at our house, I felt like I'm not absorbing any information. I don't know. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed with this whole new house thing. The an officer representative along with the engineer and his team also went with us so that we can take notes of our findings and have them fix those things for us. Everyone went inside and did their own inspection. My wife, however, was focused and worked with the officer and took notes from every corner. To our surprise, there were only minor defects that can be fixed within the day. We decided to accept the keys to our new house.

We went back to the village administrator's office to sign some papers and apply for utility connections such as water and electricity which took a couple of hours. After lunch, the officer told us that the fixes were already done. My wife and I went back to our house, this time without my parents, brother, the carpenter, the engineering team, and the officer. We checked again everything and saw that the minor issues are now fixed.

Now, we'll just have to wait for the connection of the utilities and do some house improvements before we can move in. My wife and I were both tired that day, but we felt like it was a good day.

On the other side, there's an on going issue with my wife's work. She working in the human resource group as one of the team leads in the recruitment team. Her boss was aware that we'll soon be moving to a new house which is far from where she is working. Fortunately, they have an extension office near our new home. There were lots of drama during the transition, but she still took the position. It's her 2nd day today to her new position. She's still under the same company. She only has a new assignment.

Now that I have mentioned earlier about our new house, we still have to wait for the utilities to be connected before we can move in. We're still living in our apartment. One of our problems now are vehicle parking. Normally, we just park along the street. Whoever comes first gets the parking slot. It's not much of a problem before, because we're neighbors, and we park near our apartment. Just yesterday, a seemingly old vehicle was left parked on one of the slots. I thought it was just a visitor, but when I checked the car, it doesn't have any seats. I felt like it's a broker car and was just pushed there. We don't know who's the owner, and it resulted in some of us parking few meters away from our house. I plan to speak to our land lady about it so that at least we'll know what to do. This makes me want to leave our apartment and move in to our new house.